Server offline

I've set the permission of whole folder to 755 including all files and subdirectories. I'm stuck at
Code:
 [1] 1194
[samp@uhfgamin samp03]$ nohup: ignoring input and appending output to 'nohup.out'
I followed this tutorial and also installed the extra needed binaries/packages that were needed.
Its saving log in the server_log.txt and nohup.out also says server started. But its still offline on client.

./samp03svr &

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulinSAMP
View Post
./samp03svr &
Tried that too. Same thing. Saves the log but doesn't show in client

Code:
chmod 777 announce - samp-npc - samp03svr
setenforce 0

Check if port is closed or open, maybe its closed by the host.
Also check top command to see if its running or not, also post server_log.txt here or check it if its running well or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiron
View Post
I've set the permission of whole folder to 755 including all files and subdirectories.
Depending what user and group own the file, I always setup permissions as: owner root:dev (dev being used by the developers and to start the server), all files as 770 (rwxrwx---) and samp03svr and announce as 775 (using a restarter file, other needs read and execute permissions).

Quote from SAMP Wiki:
Quote:

NOTE: Be sure you set permissions for samp03svr and announce if you want to run an internet server! If you don't do this, you'll get a permission denied error. To set permissions, execute chmod 700 * in the SA:MP server directory. It's NOT a good idea to run the server (or any other program for that matter) under root.

^ for the person that recommended 777, nope

Quote:
Code:
 [1] 1194
[samp@uhfgamin samp03]$ nohup: ignoring input and appending output to 'nohup.out'
That is perfectly normal.

Quote:

Its saving log in the server_log.txt and nohup.out also says server started. But its still offline on client.

Check:
1- If (announce and) query is 1 in server.cfg
2- I f you used the correct IP and port (both server.cfg and your cliet)
3- If the firewall allows your port (udp)
4- If there aren't errors in the server log (guessing not since you said it's up according to the server log)

If you wish to follow the server log on your SSH screen (it doesn't by default unless if you start ./samp03svr (and thus not "nohup samp03svr &" or even "samp03svr &"), and if 'output' in server.cfg is 0, which is by default):

tail -f server_log.txt

Quote:

Also check top command to see if its running or not

I can even recommend htop

It was a problem with the operating system. My host just provided the basic nodes/binaries with the operating system which caused this. I switched the host and server runs fine. Thank you everyone.