Hosting on my computer

I am trying to host a server from my computer, I portforwarded and everything, and it's not working, I mean, the server is there when I use my IPv4 address, but my buddies can't join, its not working for them. any clues?

Restart your router

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursed
View Post
Restart your router
I gave them my external ip, and still not working, only my LAN IP works.

try announce 1 in server.cfg

Quote:
View Post
try announce 1 in server.cfg
It's already togged, idk ;^;

you need to portforward separate udp and tcp

Quote:
View Post
I already did that, see if I am wrong

portforward UDP first then TCP is what I meant. it should work

Quote:
View Post
Quote:
View Post
portforward UDP first then TCP is what I meant. it should work
Still not working, I guess I am doing something wrong

Try lan address 127.0.0.1

Quote:
View Post
Try lan address 127.0.0.1
It works from my side, but the external IP doesn't work for my friends nor does it from me!!

You opened the port/s via Windows Firewall?

Similar problem, stuck with a sh*t ISP.

Check if LAN IP (192.168.8.100) belongs to your machine. By the way that IP is very strange, that 8 is very confusing...

Make sure your windows firewall allow port on your pc, beside your router firewall to allow ports to join at your server and make sure you portforward the right lan ip(192.168.8.100) to check it goes to your PC not another host on the same network.

Also it's not always the issue. Sometimes it's an issue from ISPs side not yours. If you think you have configured everything correctly still it dosent work. Contact you ISP about a static IP and port forwarding . Often residential connections have NAT and also tend to disallow incoming connections.

So things to consider before you decide on using your home pc as a server.

1. Does you connection have a static IP.( Well there are workaround for this)
2. Does your ISP allow incomming connections.( If it does not allow u cannot do anything)

If you don't have cash to spare for a server . I would recommend checking out G00Gle Cloud and Amazon Web services . Both give 1 year of free trial and is enough for you to run samp servers for testing.

Make sure you're putting the same ip address in your port forward settings as your computer gives you. Open command prompt and type ipconfig. It will show you some ip addresses. Put the ipv4 address in your router settings and then try again. If it still doesn't show online via your external ip, then your isp isn't allowing you to host it. I'm using two different isps in my home, server worked fine on one of them, but on the other one, server didn't show online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaddox
View Post
I am trying to host a server from my computer, I portforwarded and everything, and it's not working, I mean, the server is there when I use my IPv4 address, but my buddies can't join, its not working for them. any clues?
First off you need to make sure your public IP is not behind a NAT.

Can you ping your public IP from the internet? If yes, can you turn off the Windows firewall and try to access your SAMP server?

I'd say it's most like because of a NAT or a double NAT. You gotta ping your ISP either case.

Use Hamachi