Anyone know howto?

How to use a ps3 control to play sa-mp? I seen it done but they didn't tell me how, so I ******d and couldn't find, so does anyone know? :P

http://www.avforums.com/forums/pc-ga...ontroller.html

thnx

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FF
Nimphious ]
thnx
No problem. I'm using pinnacle to use my xbox controller for SA:MP

I installed it and everything but my computer still doesn't detect the controller. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FF
Nimphious ]
I installed it and everything but my computer still doesn't detect the controller. :P
You need the correct/up to date drivers for your controller, I use Xpadder to map the controls, Even tho it was made for the Xbox 360 controller it still supports PS3 and many others

Here is a driver for the PS3 controller, works fine for me

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45209 (You will have to register though)

Quote:

1. Download and install the filter driver (libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1.exe). (attached zip)
2. Unpack ps3sixaxis_en.exe
3. Plug the SIXAXIS into your PC.
4. Run ps3sixaxis_en.exe once. A command prompt window will appear for a few seconds.
5. When the window closes, press and hold the PS button on the Sixaxis controller for at least 2-3 seconds.

If you want to see if the controller is being detected:

1. Go to Control Panel > Printers and Other Hardware > Game Controllers.
2. Select the Playstation 3 controller and choose Properties. A dialog window will appear.
3. Move both the analog sticks and press the buttons. The cursor and bars will move in the Axis section and the numbers in the Buttons area will light up.
4. If output is displayed, the controller is properly detected and working fine.

Notes:
** This driver only works on a 32bit Operating System
** You must run ps3sixaxis_en.exe every time you turn your computer on (and press the PS button)
** You will have to redefine the controll buttons from the options menu in-game
** If after setup your camera keeps rotating in-game, you will need to Calibrate the controller.

It seems like a lot to do, but after the configuring is over all you will have to do it run ps3sixaxis_en.exe and press the PS button when you turn the computer on. Then you can go on SA-MP and have fun!

Hope this helps
- Kieren