[Tool/Web/Other] CJ Discord Bot

Carl Johnson (CJ) Discord Bot
I, Kevin, present to you the Carl Johnson Discord Bot. This bot is one of a kind, which serves to make the lives of server owners easier. Its main aim is to display LIVE statistics of SAMP server, when its commands are used.

For those who are new to SAMP or Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, Carl "CJ" Johnson is a character in the Grand Theft Auto series, appearing as the protagonist of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. CJ was voiced by Chris Bellard, better known as Young Maylay, who is the cousin of Shawn Fonteno, the voice actor for Franklin Clinton and Fam1.
Here's how it works
After inviting the bot to your guild with it's Oauth2 link, a table is created in our Database with your Discord server ID, default IP address, port, and prefix. Afterwards, you'll use the -setup command which guides you on how to change the default IP address (127.0.0.1) to your own (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx).

Image of what the commands look like:
-setip

-setport

-server

-players

-bug

-feedback

-ip and -currentip

-port and -currentport

-code

-imgur (I think we all know what https://imgur.com/ is used for)
I'll allow you to see what this command does.

Usage of information displayed in this Thread

The IP address and Port of the information displayed in this thread does NOT belong to me and I have no intentions in inciting hoax. The server is just used as an example to show you, the viewers, what it looks like when the bot's commands are used.
My to-do list

• Working on the -updates command to get server owners connected with us.
  • Completing the -players command.
  • Working on the -promote command so you can have your SAMP server promoted and sponsored in our discord server, as soon as we hit 1000 members and 100 bot invites!
  • Getting the CJ Premium bot up and running with lots of other commands, esp. echoes from SAMP servers, such as player connects, disconnects, spawns, deaths, vehicles destruction, etc.
  • Build a website for CJ Bot and CJ Premium, so users can get aid when needed, instead of relying on staff members for everything.
Acknowledgement
Special thanks and appreciation is shown to three individuals who stood by my side through thick and thin, in getting my project into existence. Without them, I wouldn't providing this to the public:
  • J.Whiteman - right hand man, who aided in every way possible.
  • JasonTheMan - co-founder and advisor.
  • Kalcor - the founder of SAMP. He's not a staff member, but he's thanked for the existence of the SAMP client.
Links
Official Discord Guild: https://discord.com/invite/6fzTZHR
Bot Invitation: https://discord.com/oauth2/authorize...3271&scope=bot

Woah, this is an epic one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandraLouis
View Post
Woah, this is an epic one.
Thank you! I appreciate your response!

Hopefully, the people will see more of projects like these.

I can ensure that this bot is really awesome, because i am one of the user too. Try this bot, i am sure you will be surprised. <3 Good job brotha on releasing this awesome work .

Update - v3.0 & 4.0

Note: The server does not belong to me. It was used as an example
Use https://discord.com/oauth2/authorize...3271&scope=bot to invite the bot to your guilds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTheJoker
View Post
Update - v3.0 & 4.0

Note: The server does not belong to me. It was used as an example
Use https://discord.com/oauth2/authorize...3271&scope=bot to invite the bot to your guilds.
Nice work! +rep

Code source?

You want to make a premium version out of something that is pretty simple and has alternatives, you don't even need a bot for it and there are many bots I saw that already are able to query servers and so on.

Your bot doesn't seem to be dedicated for 'SA-MP' as it's basically having extra commands that I don't see them of need, i.e. code and imgur ones.

I don't see the code anywhere, if you really want to help others who have less knowledge in making a bot, as you said, you could teach them how to, it's always helpful doing it that way, and not when you're just hosting a bot.

I appreciate your criticism but answer this question.
Quote:

and there are many bots I saw that already are able to query servers and so on.

What are the names of the Public Bots which have the similar, exact features as the CJ Bot?
Quote:

Your bot doesn't seem to be dedicated for 'SA-MP' as it's basically having extra commands that I don't see them of need, i.e. code and imgur ones.

Seriously? Are you kidding me rn? There are Mappers who wish to upload their images to imgur, and there are developers who wish to save their small codes. It caters for persons who have poor net as well. Instead of having to visit the websites, you can simply use the commands -code and -imgur.

Quote:

I don't see the code anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMortar
View Post
Code source?
I'll be releasing it after I'm done neatening it a bit. As of now, the most important thing is having the presence of the bot.

EDIT:
Quote:

basically having extra commands

There are literally two (-imgur and -code) commands which do not relate to SAMP, so I don't see the big deal in commenting about them being unnecessary.

Epic!

Quote:
View Post
What are the names of the Public Bots which have the similar, exact features as the CJ Bot?
Open the source and server developers will use it for their discord servers as they need. Other features such as "-promote" and etc. make no sense unless you want to make users pay for it. Your expectations are clear enough for me but I don't want to dig into it publicly. As already said, you want to impress people with a very simple thing, and in this case it's going to be much more worthy if you leave open source of this bot, giving those who use it the opportunity to make their own bots based on the source you'd provide.

Quote:
View Post

Seriously? Are you kidding me rn? There are Mappers who wish to upload their images to imgur, and there are developers who wish to save their small codes. It caters for persons who have poor net as well. Instead of having to visit the websites, you can simply use the commands -code and -imgur.

I'll be releasing it after I'm done neatening it a bit. As of now, the most important thing is having the presence of the bot.

EDIT:
There are literally two (-imgur and -code) commands which do not relate to SAMP, so I don't see the big deal in commenting about them being unnecessary.
Okay, uh, well... I don't want to advertise other discord bots, especially that if you look for it you will already find it. But basically you can find many similar bots here https://top.gg/search?q=game%20server

If you want me to be specific, here's an example bot https://top.gg/bot/659050996730822665
Not only that, but it supports way too many games too, here's a complete list of what this bot provides https://github.com/sonicsnes/node-ga...ster/games.txt

I think you can find the bot's source code here: https://github.com/sonicsnes/node-gamedig

I can tell you that I saw similar bots released on GitHub, people can already learn from them. So not only hosted bots are available but the source of such bots do exist already. My point is that you're not adding something new of a kind, or something unachievable, so what makes it special is you helping others, not just hosting the bot for others to invite.

What does your bot add to the table if it's pretty simple and you're not letting others learn from what you did either, while others did far advanced bots and managed to support a larger scare of games, yet didn't keep code closed?

Your bot isn't customizable, isn't 'special' and you are not letting others contribute to your current base, and this basically isn't a competition already because you can do the same stuff using a simple PHP script and by learning the query mechanism of SA-MP. Not to mention that there are already available websites like SACNR Monitor, with which you can pretty much display all the servers and not just one, and you can use their API to query your server for example.

So what I'm saying is, idea isn't even special either! I'm not trying to let you down but you need to understand that you can't make 'premium' bots out of nowhere and start limiting features for donors if you didn't manage to create a strong base yourself. No graphs, no special monitoring features, and basically almost nothing because something like that isn't even necessary if you could open your SA-MP client and ping the server yourself.

Also, don't support your argument with bad examples, how would people access discord if their internet connection can't run pastebin or imgur? I'm not the one who is joking here, basically someone who could run discord and will play an online game will not have problems to run pastebin, and you could use the built in markdown for code on discord instead of using pastebin itself, not to mention there are other alternatives to pastebin so forcing your preferences on server owners who plan to use your bot is a bad idea. And for imgur, you can simply upload the image to discord and you get an attachment URL to share image, see how actually the idea of implementing such features were useless but you convinced yourself that it's right to implement them?

If adding useless features to your bot instead of focusing on primary features and accurate server monitoring, graphing and having a website and ability to customize the bot, and less commands for interacting with the bot itself, it will be more useful, not even much but at least it will fit for the purpose it was created for. 'Presence' of one bot between thousands doesn't make it special, if it didn't manage to be special in the first place, so you shouldn't rest on that.

You mentioned that:
Quote:

Working on the -promote command so you can have your SAMP server promoted and sponsored in our discord server, as soon as we hit 1000 members and 100 bot invites!

Why do you want to add this to your to-do list if you didn't finish the basics of the bot? I get that you have some goals but that shouldn't be a feature at all. You can make a fair list of servers you monitor if server owners desire, not make a promote feature that will eventually cost money and that's not how it should work, you're not helping others as you mentioned in your other topic that you referred to this one in.

Also:
Quote:

Getting the CJ Premium bot up and running with lots of other commands, esp. echoes from SAMP servers, such as player connects, disconnects, spawns, deaths, vehicles destruction, etc.

Do you want to make all the upcoming features limited for your premium edition? No one's going to use that, no offence. Someone who knows how to use the discord connector plugin by maddinat0r can do the same without needing your bot, but maddinat0r made it for FREE not for money, don't be mean, fellow member.

I find it worth to mention his work here, at least people can understand what I'm saying.
https://github.com/maddinat0r/samp-discord-connector

That's most of what I wanted to say, I guess.

EDIT:

This is your other thread: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=676362
You said:
Quote:

Like the title of the thread says, have you wanted a Discord Bot for your SAMP server, but it was too costy or you had little knowledge in building one?

So, you want people who can't run a simple discord bot and have a little knowledge use your bot then you provide a premium bot which will have exclusive features and keep them with lesser features that are basically close to none, and you're not even increasing their 'knowledge' because your source is closed?

Wake up people.

How can I give some rep to the mister above? In your post, you basically said everything I wanted to say as well. One thing I didn't notice is that he already claimed the 100% possibility of existence of premium version of this bot, which makes it a little bit more unworthy. So I guess it's very trivial and is all about making money outta a simple thing, sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraz
View Post
Epic!
Thanks
-----------------------------------------------

The both of y'all realize you're the only ones who are sharing negative feedback about the bot?
But it's obvious to find persons like you in 2020 - no motivation, no encouragement and of course, no guides WITHOUT a load of criticism. At first, I proudly appreciated your criticism because I do that in every cases that relates to my projects, but as I continued to read your most recent comment, I lost interest. It's people like you who chase people away from doing what they plan to do and extending their knowledge, when it pertains to SAMP.

Quote:
View Post
Thanks

The both of y'all realize you're the only ones who are sharing negative feedback about the bot?
But it's obvious to find persons like you in 2020 - no motivation, no encouragement and of course, no guides WITHOUT a load of criticism. At first, I proudly appreciated your criticism because I do that in every cases that relates to my projects, but as I continued to read your most recent comment, I lost interest. It's people like you who chase people away from doing what they plan to do and extending their knowledge, when it pertains to SAMP.
Nice effort making the bot, but I agree with the constructive criticism. You can learn/improve from it and do even better next time. A part of the "package" when releasing things is getting both positive and negative comments, and sometimes it's not exactly what you expected or considered.

I also want to tell you that there's no need to go personal on people like that, I know one of them has achieved a lot with massive motivation and will to contribute, and it has nothing to do with this.

I wish you the best of luck evolving continuing on the project though, it has taken effort from you and most importantly - you probably learnt something doing it.

No hard feelings

Quote:
View Post
Thanks

Not only they have negative feedback about your bot, people just don't want to waste time on it, because you probably won't understand anything anyway.

You have the right to do what you want, good luck/

I'm not sharing personal remarks about anyone. Instead, I'm stating my opinion on his comments.

There are ways to do things, and time to do them. I do understand that both positive and negative remarks will be given to you, but if you're gonna act as if you're the Emperor of Development instead of stating the pros and cons of having such of a bot in existence, considering the fact that there are other bots with the same functions and features (which I wasn't aware of, until I was informed through Variable's first comment), then I would completely understand and we can all carry on.

No one is born a Developer. No one snaps their finger and knows how to code in a blink of an eye. We all started from the bottom. You did. I did. We all did. We all accept criticism in different ways and some persons are of course better than others, while others are still learning. My Bot stays. Whether you use it or not, it's here to stay. Kudos to you.