Thoughts on COVID-19?

Hello everyone. I'd like to take some time to thank everyone for sticking with us, it really means a lot. I'll speak more on my views on COVID-19.

It really has taken the world by suprise, this bug that many of us thought was not going to get anwhere has managed to swarm and thrive in the world. It has been difficult for most of us, but it most difficult for me because I have a baby daughter on the way this September, I am trying my best to fight off this virus so me and my soon to be wife (our wedding is soon) can create our own happy little family, however the coronavirus is making this an extremly hard job.

I want to let you know that we are all in this together and that no matter where you are, we will respect you and you are always welcome.

Thank you.

The global lockdown my country issued has been a great time off work

Free and paid vacation, love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
View Post
The global lockdown my country issued has been a great time off work

Free and paid vacation, love it
Good to hear mate, hope you enjoy the time. It's been the same here in the UK but every Thursday we all go to our front lawn and clap for our Emegency Service (NHS) workers and key workers (police, ect.) It's actually qutie nice to listen to.

We've been in lockdown since March 8 in Italy, it will most likely continue until May 4.

It has been an emotional roller coaster.
I'm an IT manager in a medium sized company and I've been working at least 12 hours a day through all March, trying to keep everything up and running, setting up smart-working facilities for everyone in the shortest time possible. 99% of us are working from home right now. I've gone through a big burnout last week, but I'm kinda fine now.
My gf is a midwife, so she's in contact with people all the time. She's already been tested once because a colleague of her had COVID, but luckily she was negative. We also live 130 km apart at the moment so we can't see each other till restrictions are over.

I live in a 70k city, we have 394 cases and 40 deaths, contagion rates are decreasing thanks to social distancing.
I miss my routine, but I'll hold out and wait till it's over. This are hard times and I consider myself lucky.

Stay at home, don't do stupid shit.

I'm currently unable to work, looking like I'm off for another month yet.

As SimonItaly said, we're in lockdown since 8th March, situation is really serious as the whole Italy has more than 18k (18.000) deaths at the time i'm writing. Only today we had 610 deaths, we cannot even give a respectable funeral to our parents, we have to cremate them instead.

This is all what i want to say as we're suffering a lot and i hope this situation will come to an end really soon.

Returning back to normality is possible, but nothing will be like it was before.

Don't do anything stupid, stay at home. Do it for you, for your family, for the doctors who DIED fighting and helping people from this shitty virus. Just stay at home, it's the only way you can help.

Stay safe out there guys, hopefully restrictions will be lifted eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symon
View Post
As SimonItaly said, we're in lockdown since 8th March, situation is really serious as the whole Italy has more than 18k (18.000) deaths at the time i'm writing. Only today we had 610 deaths, we cannot even give a respectable funeral to our parents, we have to cremate them instead.

This is all what i want to say as we're suffering a lot and i hope this situation will come to an end really soon.

Returning back to normality is possible, but nothing will be like it was before.

Don't do anything stupid, stay at home. Do it for you, for your family, for the doctors who DIED fighting and helping people from this shitty virus. Just stay at home, it's the only way you can help.
Well said. Stay safe.

I'm supposed to work from home, most of the time i Netflix, yet i get paid. So its not that bad as long as i don't get the virus. Stay safe guys, don't die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugi
View Post
Stay safe out there guys, hopefully restrictions will be lifted eventually.
Yes i hope...

Here we are at home 1 month and half its sucks.. nothing to do.

But this virus will take a long time to slow down i think...

Simple, who & un sucks

Now its more like people got used to it, unlike before, fear of the virus is over. Things are getting back to normal except its still spreading

Congrats 6.4 million

Spent more time on samp than before covid , less money in bank though haha