Mike's Cops and Robbers: A record 110 players! Never too late to start a SA-MP server.

My server has just hit a record 110 players online after launching last April, and I just wanted to share this with everyone and say that if you work hard, you can achieve anything.

I started MCNR development in 2012 and focused on it more after perhaps 2016 or so. I never imagined even getting to the stage of launching the server, never mind it being so unbelievably successful. Everyone was saying that SA-MP was dead and that launching a server for a 2004 game in 2019 was a bad idea and I was wasting my time. I decided not to listen.

I have a passion for SA-MP as it's pushed me to learn coding and other related skills which have ultimately got me interested in an IT career IRL. I started a brand new job just 2 days ago, and am happy with where my life is going, and to come home and see 110 people playing on MCNR is just mind-blowing. I never expected more than 30 or so players, which I would have been fine with, but this is just overwhelming. I can't thank each and every MCNR player enough for their patronage and support. Knowing that so many people enjoy playing MCNR which I've spent so much time, effort and ultimately money into is just crazy.

Some stats
Accounts: 29,000
Registered accounts: 12,000
Active (30 days) registered accounts: 2,700
Online in last 24 hours: 770

Shortly after increasing the player slots from 100 to 150, we smashed the previous record and hit 110 players!

Everyone that came to Mount Chiliad received an extra 100k

Again, thank you everyone that plays MCNR, and thank you to all the staff that help to keep MCNR running smoothly! Here's to hitting 150 players and increasing the slots further! Perhaps even a second server..

Coronavirus statement
Allow me to take this time to wish everyone the best during this unprecendented time in our society. Things are getting a little bit crazy around the world and we all need to stick together. If you are self-isolating at home, jump onto MCNR so you don't get bored and stay safe wherever you are!

Summary
In summary, it wasn't too late to start a SA-MP server and it become successful, no matter what people said. If you strive for something and work hard you can achieve it!

I look forward to welcoming more players onto the server in the future. See you online some time perhaps.

See more info about MCNR here: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=672973

This wouldn't be possible without corona virus. Congratulations

Due to the record online samp in 42k, it would be great to release a new version of sa-mp. What a pity that the development of 03DL is canceled.

The best time to release a new SA-MP update, bring the two split versions together and cash cow on the new servers on the hosted tab amid coronavirus.

Congrats on your progress, this activity brings me back to 2012-13.

You have a server that's fun to play in. The gamemode is fun, the community seems fine and you have regular updates. Congratulations on your record and the success of your server, I should play more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazon
View Post
That's the most retarded argument I've heard.

Good job by the way. I tried your server a couple of days before, and it was cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazon
View Post
Mike's server was hitting 60-70 player peaks well before the coronavirus shenanigans started. It's probably one of the most well-made SA-MP servers out there, and I couldn't be more happy to see it succeeding. Great stuff!!

Great stuff and many years in the making. It just proves a new server can be successful in these 'dying' SA-MP times.

This speech is a good motivation.

Well done. Congratulations & good luck with a new record 200 players+

Well done, and I wish you more success. One question I'd like to ask, how was it like in the beginning? How long did it take you to start picking up and what did you do to keep yourself motivated? I'd be grateful if you could answer my questions, for me and the future server owners to come.