їHow to set my ip to samp.hostname.com:7777?

Hi, I need to get a Custom IP.

example:

samp.hostname.com:7777

I need help!

Thanks for All.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
Usuario Espaсol y Ingles.

I'm pretty sure a DNS would be the best way to do this. For example, there are websites like no-ip that offer DNS services. Remember, free ones are worse!

Assuming that you already bought your domain, the webpanel for the domain provider you bought from should provide you with the tools required to point a subdomain to your IP address.

Here's an example for namecheap.com (it talks about Minecraft, but it's the same thing.). Most other domain providers have very similar webpanels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxus
View Post
I'm pretty sure a DNS would be the best way to do this. For example, there are websites like no-ip that offer DNS services. Remember, free ones are worse!
In what way they are worse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattski
View Post
In what way they are worse?
Depends where you buy it from.
For one, you can't choose the subdomain of your choice so lack of freedom (obviously)
And more importantly, if you get a large amount of traffic, they can just redirect it to something of theirs for their gain. I've seen reports of this happening a long time ago, and anything's a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxus
View Post
Depends where you buy it from.
For one, you can't choose the subdomain of your choice so lack of freedom (obviously)
And more importantly, if you get a large amount of traffic, they can just redirect it to something of theirs for their gain. I've seen reports of this happening a long time ago, and anything's a possibility.
Well, yeah that's true

If your domain is using cloudflare just set up an A record called samp and have the IP be your server IP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngeloMk
View Post
Hi, I need to get a Custom IP.

example:

samp.hostname.com:7777

I need help!

Thanks for All.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
Usuario Espaсol y Ingles.
Hello AngeloMK, check this link I hope it will help you
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=563355

If you need more help you can send me a private message on discord
You can find my discord on my signature.

You need first to buy the domain name. The most used providers are NameCheap and GoDaddy . You will pay every year to keep the name yours.
Then, you need to create a record of type "A" with the name of your choice, for example "samp", and make it point to your server's public IP Address.
Contact me in PM if you need any help.