Anti-wall hacking

In some DayZ servers, wall-hacks may be a serious issue. Wall-hack is when you see others through the wall.

As the hacker can see everyone, what if I put 200 NPCs around the map with long names? Will that help with the wall-hacking situation? As whenever somebody activates the hack and sees everyone, the player will see a lot of non-sense NPC names which obstruct his / her vision and force to turn off the hack.

Firstly, I think that there aren't any wallhacks which show names of ALL players, but instead I think they show names only of players who are streamed in.

Secondly, I don't think it'd be good for your server optimization.

Its not going to be efficient way to prevent wall hacking but if you disable name tags for players then it will be impossible to wall hack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkZ
View Post
Its not going to be efficient way to prevent wall hacking but if you disable name tags for players then it will be impossible to wall hack.
As far as I know, even with nametags disabled, wallhackers can still see them. For example I could see masked people's names on LSRP normally even if their nametags were disabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomagojSellug
View Post
As far as I know, even with nametags disabled, wallhackers can still see them. For example I could see masked people's names on LSRP normally even if their nametags were disabled.
Your average nametag hack CLEO does not work if nametags are disabled globally. S0b would still work.

This is a huge problem and there is no protection from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4D1L
View Post
Your average nametag hack CLEO does not work if nametags are disabled globally. S0b would still work.
I think Nex-AC has some sort of anti-s0b function?

Very easy to catch someone just watch them for a while if they are magically chasing down what they can't see everytime then you know.

Not really possible when player base is Above 100. So that’s why I am wondering it.