Is it still worth it?

Wow, ok lol

As much as I wish not to do this...

#saveDL

#saveDL

#saveDL

#saveDL

You're going to throw months of work just because some server owners want you to do what the fuck they wish.
This is not about them and you're not even supposed to do what they say.
Listen to your community man, what you're doing is wrong everybody is saying that already.

Include the download feature on 0.3.9 and make it stable, if there's a way to add a enable/disable for it then do it, so the 'owners' who actually commended you to don't include it can disable the feature.

Yeah because us spamming a dumbass hashtag is going to make a difference! Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBaybe
View Post
but 80% of you are adults or are soon to be one
Overstatement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie2K
View Post
Yeah because us spamming a dumbass hashtag is going to make a difference! Yes!
Idiot detected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavan
View Post
Idiot detected.
Yeah because you and everyone spamming #blahblah is going to change his mind. I think he already knows what he wants to do with SAMP regardless of you and 45 other cornballs spamming it.

why don't just implement DL features and the ones who don't wanna use them just don't use em.

#saveDL

WHAT IS GOING ON KALCOR!
150 Servers on unoffical DL and you want to throw that away ?
CMON!

Quote:
View Post
Yeah because you and everyone spamming #blahblah is going to change his mind. I think he already knows what he wants to do with SAMP regardless of you and 45 other cornballs spamming it.
We'd rather try to do something rather than accept it and do nothing. How would you feel about telling someone to do something for so long only for them to do the exact opposite? Sure its his mod and he can do whatever with it but we also can post our frustration for what he does or doesn't do.

The SA-MP 0.3.9 without download feature isn't update! Is a downgrading!

#saveDL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV
View Post
We'd rather try to do something rather than accept it and do nothing. How would you feel about telling someone to do something for so long only for them to do the exact opposite? Sure its his mod and he can do whatever with it but we also can post our frustration for what he does or doesn't do.
I completely understand the frustration. But it's obvious his decision has been made.

#savedl

Quote:
View Post
I completely understand the frustration. But it's obvious his decision has been made.
And you can be defeated about it, or you can try and voice your opinion. Some of us are doing that. I don't see why it's an issue (obviously beyond the abusive posts).

The way I see it is, at the beginning of script support for SA-MP servers there was just that; scripting availability.
Did everyone know how to script? Some people better than others? We're some people put at a vulnerability?
Yes and No. The solution was learning pawn, testing code, giving and getting feedback and improving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by REYO
When mapping was introduced to the scenes of SA-MP it opened doors for vulnerable scripters to create a living , breathing and immersive environment for the player that otherwise would not have been achievable through solely scripting.

Now modelling is introduced to the scenes of SA-MP through the 0.3.DL feature, again an opportunity for vulnerable scripters and or mappers and just experienced and wanting individuals to create an artistic identity for themselves and their servers that solely scripting or mapping can't achieve on its own.

Solution: To learn.

This version is special to a lot of people, especially the wide genre of modders being able to indulge at creating art that can be seen by everyone through the form of downloadable features. After such a long time a new "skillset" of possibility was introduced to the scene that allowed people to create an identity for their servers.

Imagine, in the days we complained about how every server was an NGG copycat; same script, same motive, same objective. Overtime this copycat mentality wore off and with DL, this started to change significantly.

Some for the better, others for the worst but certainly it was sufficient to feed the thirst.

@Kye (this is cringy but fuck it lol)

The only logical thing I and others can probably agree on, if he doesn't want to work on it no more so much why not just make it open source...the possibilities would be endless if so and there'd be an actual team formed to help bring what people want, not just one person.

Quote:
View Post
The only logical thing I and others can probably agree on, if he doesn't want to work on it no more so much why not just make it open source...the possibilities would be endless if so and there'd be an actual team formed to help bring what people want, not just one person.
sa-mp open source simulator

we may actually be hurting the existing servers by giving away the source