Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixstick
View Post
This thread is disgusting. You people are attacking SA-MP Developers for no other reason than the belief that they owe you their service. I don't understand all the toxicity and hostility here. It is ultimately the the team behind SA-MP that decides where they wish to take the mod. Sure, the community should be able to voice their opinion (and they have), but that doesn't mean that it's remotely okay to start attacking developers personally. If this is what they decide to do, then there isn't much you can do against it other than deciding whether or not to be part of it. Outright attacking and harassing developers is just ridiculous, and should not be endorsed. You can't cry and claim SA-MP Developers are ignoring you when all you do is bash everything they've done.
I agree. Harassment is not acceptable and there's a few in here that have overstepped the mark. That said, you yourself have to say that the deliberate removal of so many people's work (including their own) is very much a "it's my ball and I'm not playing anymore" childish antic. The answer is staring everybody in the face. Amalgamate the best of both worlds.

Before you do any update, first update f**king SA:MP launcher layout because the current one looks like a f**king coding program from the early 2000s

I have to agree with the rest, big F to SAMP Kalkor. A lot of popular servers are on 0.3DL. You tossing that away is a big OOF. Good job.

All jokes aside, I do have to add this, you moving on with your life is something people shouldn't be mad at. It's not like he is gonna be here forever. I just think merging with 0.3.9 would be the best option.

Kalcor, I will never understand how you can ignore stuff like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTDIENTE
View Post
Perhaps Kalkor is right, this is squalor (on screenshot). Of course, this is a joke, this is an example that DL cannot be taken and thrown away

Thank you. This algorithm makes TD 100% quality at any screen resolution.

To:

After:

And:
1920x1080

All inventory:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
We've decided to not include the 0.3DL downloading feature in 0.3.9.

If you have a server on 0.3DL and you want to come back to the main branch, you could contact me about possible inclusion of skins in to the 0.3.9 installer.
Really? I have been developing my server for 6 months and modeling objects, and it was only wasted time. Why are you doing this? The best thing for SA-MP would be to add in 0.3.9 the download of modeling and servers that do not want to use it, put "artwork 0" and that's it.

Is this really Kalcor ?, and what will happen to the large communities we own?

I'm disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llave
View Post
Is this really Kalcor ?, and what will happen to the large communities we own?

I'm disappointed.
I can't speak for other non-English servers, but I can speak for the English. Servers like NG-RP are long gone, the old days of PR-RP. RC-RP looked good competing with LSRP but LSRP looks like it's falling behind RC-RP - but in reality they're both dying.

LSRP due to poor management, scripts etc. English RP is near dead, one of the best English actives to do on samp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie2K
View Post
I can't speak for other non-English servers, but I can speak for the English. Servers like NG-RP are long gone, the old days of PR-RP. RC-RP looked good competing with LSRP but LSRP looks like it's falling behind RC-RP - but in reality they're both dying.

LSRP due to poor management, scripts etc. English RP is near dead, one of the best English actives to do on samp.
And is it really all due to “poor management”? I doubt it

There is nothing wrong with this mod as an engine to build your own gamemodes. It still functions exceptionally for what it does, there is amazing stability, player sync, etc. Unfortunately, the english speaking people are just not here (russian servers are still thriving for example) Server such as my previous ones for those who might know my work pushed the envelope with 0.3DL but it's not enough to grow beyond a niche playerbase if theirs no new people. If your "core" playerbase is busy you literally can have a 40 person server become a 10 person server overnight and when you're "core" isnt busy they'll just be depressed it dropped so much and not come online again, this never happened back in the day because the amount of people was excessive also the general age of the playerbase was much lower. What 15 year old kid knows and plays SAMP from a country where English is a first or second language? That's most of what SAMP was but the average age of people in my community that were active well exceeded 20. No bodies fault, not Kalcors or anybody else's, It's just the natural decline of interest in SAMP and aging adults and it pains me to see, this game has been a pivotal part of my life and I made many, many friends and business connections in it, but this is no longer the hayday and the level at which you need to work to try to differentiate yourself has grown so much that the expectation from 25 year old+ SAMP players is ridiculous (needs to be crazily scripted, mapped, tons of players) it's gotten harder and harder to please people as the GAME and the AGE of the players has dramatically increased. Unfortunately, there hasn't been a proper replacement for this kind of environment yet I don't find GTA 5 to be so, in fact I kind of despise the open "empty" feeling of the game and I don't see or experience the same level of enjoyment I had on any kind of game. I think the most upsetting thing is that I personally am completely fine with SAMP. The graphics and the atmosphere are still PERFECT for me, especially for a Roleplay setting with all the customization I was able to do, but the people just are not there and regardless of what Kalcor actually does with this mod it's obvious much of his support network is gone, some of which from the exodus and others just from naturally moving on. I will always cherish the peak moments, I wish I could go back in time 10 years and just enjoy playing as a youth, but there will be something else to replace this sort of thing eventually and I relish the opportunity to develop for it.

Well surely many people were thrown into the bin after updating their servers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
I don't understand how anyone could attack a free mod. It was already hard enough to stitch the whole thing together without source code for the game.

I didn't sign up to fend off hackers and cheaters. Why would I want to do that?
Btw no one signed up to fend off cheaters but it's very reasonable to expect that whenever you start such a thing, as a game or a simple server.

I respect an honest reason as losing passion in it instead of giving the argument of "It can be fixed script wise hence it wasn't put in the updates".

But if you're waiting for the attackers to go away before you open source this then I'll see you on the other side because that isn't coming around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
View Post
And is it really all due to “poor management”? I doubt it
SAMP has thousands of players, LSRP can't even hit 500 or even it's peak of 600. When LSRP alternatives opened they skyrocketed with that same PB. So you're actually doubting the reason that literally nobody plays on there, would I assume you believe it to be related to the SAMP version? If not, enlighten me on what actually did!

IDK, I just wish heavy English RP on SAMP had a future. No other game in the world will be like SAMP and even LSRP, hate to see it go but also hate to see it in the state it's in.

Is there any ETA on 0.3.9?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie2K
View Post
SAMP has thousands of players, LSRP can't even hit 500 or even it's peak of 600. When LSRP alternatives opened they skyrocketed with that same PB. So you're actually doubting the reason that literally nobody plays on there, would I assume you believe it to be related to the SAMP version? If not, enlighten me on what actually did!

IDK, I just wish heavy English RP on SAMP had a future. No other game in the world will be like SAMP and even LSRP, hate to see it go but also hate to see it in the state it's in.
yes, samp has thousands of players, but not everyone speaks english, not everyone is interested in heavy roleplay, not everyone wants to fill out an application, etc.

those who went as far to do that probably still play / played ls-rp and moved on from samp or moved on to another server. the interest kinda fell down too aswell, so it's not as much of a playerbase as years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn0wden
View Post
Really? I have been developing my server for 6 months and modeling objects, and it was only wasted time. Why are you doing this? The best thing for SA-MP would be to add in 0.3.9 the download of modeling and servers that do not want to use it, put "artwork 0" and that's it.
For sure, if servers owners dont want to use those features, just ignore it.
For God's sake, Kalcor, listen your community for the first time.

Refusing the DL branch is a big mistake, you can develop it, and over time, players will switch to it, as was the case with all previous versions.

The DL branch helps server owners diversify their gameplay by adding something truly new and interesting. Probably, the developers from the DL branch will agree with me, many would like to see the loading of transport models and weapons, thanks, Kye, we believe in you.

In addition, this is a strong blow to server developers. They spent money on models for their server, and now, when players see sa-mp.com 0.3.9, they will not want to go to 03DL and it’s not a fact that they will learn about it at all. Do not do this, please.

#saveDL

Thank you Kalcor and Team

- splits the community by making two versions of the mod instead of merging them
- removes one of the versions from the download page

"Looking at the player numbers, it looks like adding custom content ultimately hurt rc-rp and ls-rp"

the issue isn't with the mod, it's with you.

thank you KALcor
https://youtu.be/YyOJt1fAgew

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepCode
View Post
It would be funny if it were not so sad and insulting, I hope that he listens to his players.