Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drebin
View Post
Honestly, and this is obviously an unpopular opinion, but you all act as if Kye is liable for updating this mod forever. As if you all signed a contract with him and that he must deliver as long as you want him to.

He did all this in his free time, because he wanted to, and if he wants to move on and leave SA-MP in the state it is in right now, he is absolutely free to do so.

It's obvious that SA-MP's player base has decreased to a size it can never recover from. But this is a natural process, this game will soon be two decades old after all.

I have moved on from this game over 5 years ago, and while I had an absolutely amazing experience with this whole community, I will never ever go back to playing, because everything will die someday. I'm a much better person now than I was 11 years ago when I joined SA-MP, and playing again is equal to throwing all this personal improvement over board to have something back that's dead. Like going back together with an ex from 10 years ago - you just don't fucking do that.

Let's all just take this situation as it is and let's all go our own ways. This time was amazing, but time moves on, let's not force ourselves to keep resurrecting something that's already dead.
Please don't misrepresent our arguments. The primary thing people are asking for is that the file downloading feature, which is already complete, to be merged into the main version of SA-MP. If anyone thinks Kalcor is a bad person for wanting to move on with his life, they're fucking retarded. The problem is that SA-MP is currently split and the upcoming 0.3.9 update opened a window to reunite it, which unfortunately won't be happening. Adding the download feature into 0.3.9 would have been a great opportunity to reunite SA-MP and let Kalcor move on without having to worry about what to do with 0.3.DL, but whatever.

Quote:
View Post
I have moved on from this game over 5 years ago, and while I had an absolutely amazing experience with this whole community, I will never ever go back to playing, because everything will die someday. I'm a much better person now than I was 11 years ago when I joined SA-MP, and playing again is equal to throwing all this personal improvement over board to have something back that's dead. Like going back together with an ex from 10 years ago - you just don't fucking do that.

Let's all just take this situation as it is and let's all go our own ways. This time was amazing, but time moves on, let's not force ourselves to keep resurrecting something that's already dead.
He found what to compare with. lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB
View Post
The problem is that SA-MP is currently split and the upcoming 0.3.9 update opened a window to reunite it, which unfortunately won't be happening.
You're absolutely right with this, and this is definitiely a valid point, but that's not the "group" of people I was talking to. My post refers to the people in here who have absolutely thrown their good manners overboard and thrown accusations at him for stuff they have no idea about.

Quote:
View Post
Honestly, and this is obviously an unpopular opinion, but you all act as if Kye is liable for updating this mod forever. As if you all signed a contract with him and that he must deliver as long as you want him to.

He did all this in his free time, because he wanted to, and if he wants to move on and leave SA-MP in the state it is in right now, he is absolutely free to do so.

It's obvious that SA-MP's player base has decreased to a size it can never recover from. But this is a natural process, this game will soon be two decades old after all.

I'm sorry but this argument is pretty fucking stupid. Sure, Kalcor is by no means bound to continue this mod forever and is free to leave at any point, but this had nothing to do with it. We are not complaining about him leaving the mod.

And just because he developed this for free in his free time doesn't mean he gets to be a dick and not get called out for it.

Also, its easy for you to talk about "letting go" and "dealing with it" when you have not been doing anything on SA-MP for 5 years, when others have put in months and months of work into models for it all to be ripped away from them and made obsolete for stupid reasons.

The reality is that for those who have 0.3.DL server currently does not change much. The version will continuous separate from the main branch like was decided in 2017 and we will continue playing our projects until players stop playing once and for all SA-MP and this will not be the fault of the mod but the time that goes by each day and the game will becoming less and less attractive to players, even with our efforts to improve it.

The only chance to merge the two versions and present an update for all server types would be a 0.3.9 with download feature, which would merge the player base of the two versions into one and that all servers using both versions would upgrade and force their players to do so as it is very advantageous to have some new features and continue what has been done. Never before has an SA-MP update ever caused work already done to be discarded as 0.3.9 might do.

My players do not download the Client from the SA-MP website, they do not have the current version link there and I provide the direct download link on my site and forum and therefore the existence of a separate version has never been a problem for my players.

I don't know exactly what you think you will achieve with the 0.3.9 without download feature, but I am absolutely sure that joining the number of players will not be.

The SA-MP 0.3.9 without download feature isn't update! Is a downgrading!

Quote:
View Post

Nobody's asking him to update the mod forever. We're just saying that if he leaves he should leave on a good note. He doesn't want to do anything at all? Fine, but please don't touch what you've already made.

Sure SA-MP was a project in his free-time, but it can't be compared to something like a lego build or writing a book. SA-MP is something that brings together a shit ton of people, and gives them all something to invest time into. When you invest into something like that and decide to update it from time to time too, obviously you'll be bringing on a little bit of responsibility onto your shoulders.

With regards to your personal experience: I'm not saying the game's not dying out, but what I don't understand is how revisiting a game that you played 11 years ago will throw all of your "personal improvement" overboard. Everyone develops as a person, and there's nothing wrong with revisiting something enjoyable you did before and looking at it through a mature lens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JozSA
View Post
Nobody's asking him to update the mod forever. We're just saying that if he leaves he should leave on a good note. He doesn't want to do anything at all? Fine, but please don't touch what you've already made.

Sure SA-MP was a project in his free-time, but it can't be compared to something like a lego build or writing a book. SA-MP is something that brings together a shit ton of people, and gives them all something to invest time into. When you invest into something like that and decide to update it from time to time too, obviously you'll be bringing on a little bit of responsibility onto your shoulders.

With regards to your personal experience: I'm not saying the game's not dying out, but what I don't understand is how revisiting a game that you played 11 years ago will throw all of your "personal improvement" overboard. Everyone develops as a person, and there's nothing wrong with revisiting something enjoyable you did before and looking at it through a mature lens.
I bet this is Kalcor's fake profile,

"Do you fucking think what you say matters?
You're like flies on a pile of shit.
Leave me alone, nobody touch my crown!
You conspirators."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0heart
View Post
I bet this is Kalcor's fake profile,
lol? i'm speaking against kalcor's decisions fam.

If there's going to be 0.3.9 or any other future version, perhaps Kalcor can finaly enable CJ clothing and disable all camera cull zones? I doubt that it is hard to implement?
Callbacks when using shops, paint sprays and stunt jumps would be nice as well.
Maybe add sync for WEAPON_HEATSEEKER and fix WEAPON_SATCHEL for players who are not streamed in.

IDK what's the point since I doubt that anybody cares about them, but that is my suggestion, it always felt to me that those features were missing, I have been asking them for years... I guess I ask for them again.

If people could use just one client to join both 0.3.7 and 0.3.DL servers, DL would present a lot better data.
Even if you put DL servers somewhere in a hidden menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
We've decided to not include the 0.3DL downloading feature in 0.3.9.

If you have a server on 0.3DL and you want to come back to the main branch, you could contact me about possible inclusion of skins in to the 0.3.9 installer.
~We~ who?

Quote:
View Post
We've decided to not include the 0.3DL downloading feature in 0.3.9.

If you have a server on 0.3DL and you want to come back to the main branch, you could contact me about possible inclusion of skins in to the 0.3.9 installer.
Please do not remove support for custom skins. I couldn't believe what I had just seen when I read this.

In my opinion, custom skins and models can drastically affect a server's player count because with custom objects & skins modders have countless possibilities to get creative and create cool stuff for servers.

If custom server side models get removed from SAMP, I am 99% sure that there will be a massive downfall in the player base.

Quote:
View Post
It's funny to see because samp still as popular as old - so much. And still it has more players than in newer games which could produce a lots of options but still not one of them can do it at the same level as samp does with server side only.

On the other hand, I should mention that I say this as a CIS player & developer where online on Russian-speaking servers is really huge and I understand that the situation is a bit different for the English-speaking community. In any case, 10 thousand players on ONE project are still big numbers for the whole multiplayer and therefore I wouldn't ignore the picture in the Russian-speaking segment.

That's about you can't actually say it's dead while we have such interest from the players.

Quote:
View Post
nymphs, lol. The simple reason I don't speak russian. I need to be able to read what people are saying the in chat, on forums. The best way place to get feedback about a multiplayer game is directly from the people playing it.

Servers owners rarely report anything.
There are translators. In addition, Russians learn English and can communicate in English.

P.S: Albert1995 tried to report to you, but he ended up in a banned.

I haven't played SAMP for a good couple years, but from the screenshots of the unique things people have made with the custom models etc, it looks great - and to remove that in the latest update would be the straw on the camels back for people who have spent a great deal of time making those updates.

> Add an auto-updating feature to the client
> Merge both versions

If you want out or don't care further, I would say pay someone to keep it updated. A months worth of hosted list revenue for an update a year is only going to make SA-MP last longer, and in turn by spending money you'll keep earning it for longer.

Spend a months revenue on marketing once the latest update is out, give it a big final push, some old players will show their faces to check it out - and then decide on it's future.

That's what I'd do, if I didn't have the time or simply lost interest in moving it further, I'd pay someone to do it. It's what the community wants and it's essentially paid by them too. It's a win for samp, a win for the players and it's a win for your revenue.

Leaving it to die is a triple whammy loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzy
View Post
I haven't played SAMP for a good couple years, but from the screenshots of the unique things people have made with the custom models etc, it looks great - and to remove that in the latest update would be the straw on the camels back for people who have spent a great deal of time making those updates.

> Add an auto-updating feature to the client
> Merge both versions

If you want out or don't care further, I would say pay someone to keep it updated. A months worth of hosted list revenue for an update a year is only going to make SA-MP last longer, and in turn by spending money you'll keep earning it for longer.

Spend a months revenue on marketing once the latest update is out, give it a big final push, some old players will show their faces to check it out - and then decide on it's future.

That's what I'd do, if I didn't have the time or simply lost interest in moving it further, I'd pay someone to do it. It's what the community wants and it's essentially paid by them too. It's a win for samp, a win for the players and it's a win for your revenue.

Leaving it to die is a triple whammy loss.
This ^

"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

Years of asking for updates to 0.3.DL only to be basically ignored because you can't be fucked to make it 👌👌👌👌👌👌

Posting again my own project resources which are praised by more than 200 players online at evenings everyday
I'm developing and owning the biggest polish RolePlay project LS-STORIES.PL on SA-MP

Makin 0.3.9 without it, it's damn step back.
Why 0.3DL is not so popular? Because not everyone knows it, it's not listed as official update - but why? 0.3DL is very stable, just like 0.3.7!
And this is my opinion after long-term usage of 0.3DL samp-server running on my project since first days of 0.3.8/0.3DL

I have used the maximum possibilities of 0.3DL - it's very stable in my opinion and.. just look at this! That's very accurate example of that how useful is DL version of SA-MP:

All images from RolePlay project ls-stories.pl

And yeah, again, im saying that 0.3DL is very stable and that's good example of how sa-mp 0.3DL is valuable in immersional RolePlay gameplay.

Makin 0.3.9 without it, it's damn step back.
Why 0.3DL is not so popular? Because not everyone knows it, it's not listed as official update - but why? 0.3DL is very stable, just like 0.3.7!
And this is my opinion after long-term usage of 0.3DL samp-server running on my project since first days of 0.3.8/0.3DL

This thread is disgusting. You people are attacking SA-MP Developers for no other reason than the belief that they owe you their service. I don't understand all the toxicity and hostility here. It is ultimately the the team behind SA-MP that decides where they wish to take the mod. Sure, the community should be able to voice their opinion (and they have), but that doesn't mean that it's remotely okay to start attacking developers personally. If this is what they decide to do, then there isn't much you can do against it other than deciding whether or not to be part of it. Outright attacking and harassing developers is just ridiculous, and should not be endorsed. You can't cry and claim SA-MP Developers are ignoring you when all you do is bash everything they've done.