Is it still worth it?

Does this release have any public trial versions (RCs) and all development progress?

SAMP is already declining because of GTA V and discontinuing beloved features isn't going to help.
This is a ridiculous decision. This is EA or Activision-tier levels of community revolt, and for a game released in 2004. I suggest you get your head out of the past and actually listen to the community. Or, better yet, quit developing SAMP and make it open-source. You obviously have stopped giving a shit,

I agree, I think Kalcor needs his credit when due. But it's time to make SAMP open source.

why not merge this shit lmfao hella dumb decision

Ok, F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
We've decided to not include the 0.3DL downloading feature in 0.3.9.

If you have a server on 0.3DL and you want to come back to the main branch, you could contact me about possible inclusion of skins in to the 0.3.9 installer.
Bye to my server and as well to other huge servers,
Maybe we're low community in 0.3DL but we enjoyed every second in it.
English community is going to die after this update.

okay my forum name is very cringey and idk how to change it but

what is this shit, honestly? samp's dying already, kalcor, it seems like you want to kill it more. what's even wrong with custom skins? i don't get it. this is very confusing.

nobody wants 0.3.9 without custom models

merge 0.3.7 and dl

This is the only way to kill SA-MP in general, announce what kind of satisfying features 0.3.9 would include or STOP demotivating/frustrating people by showcasing the negative things of the update.

Kalcor I don't think you understand the current situation.

SAMP is dying and without an update that can bring a stable player base to the biggest English speaking Heavy-RP servers like LSRP and RCRP, it'll just be beating a dead horse. Why not merge the shit you're trying to do instead of ruining it all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
We've decided to not include the 0.3DL downloading feature in 0.3.9.

If you have a server on 0.3DL and you want to come back to the main branch, you could contact me about possible inclusion of skins in to the 0.3.9 installer.
No, no, and NO! Kalcor. The DL feature is something that enables servers to make and use custom skins and/or models. You take that a way, that'll make a very large part of the English Role play community move to another multiplayer mod for GTA SA to RP on maps such as Bullworth or LC/VC. I plead to you do NOT!remove a feature that communities such as LSRP, RCRP ANNND BWRP uses. It will make the hard work those modelers and developer's work WORTHLESS if this was to go through. I seriously hope you reconsider doing this, as 0.3.DL was my reason to return to Rping on samp.

its been a good run boys

also kalcor why do you have a massive fetish for hating custom objects

15,000 people were playing SA-MP when I last looked. Dayz standalone only had 10k playing. There aren't any games like this. People can create their own characters and stories unlike any other place. The illusion is that SA-MP is dying but the truth is that 90% of servers that open now are rip offs of the original scripts or servers that open for 5 minutes and close and so it seems less people are interested in joining a community but in fact people are just trying to trust new communities. It is not pointless to open a new community and its unfair to use that as an excuse.

Either find a new developer for samp, someone that has passion for it, and believe me there are many or leave a last update compatible for 0.3dl. You don't wanna leave this like the ending of game of thrones.

what an amazing choice to make

What goes through your brain one morning when you wake up and say; i know what to do:
  • leave samp for 6 months
  • come back and ask what people want for 0.3.9
  • completely ignore all suggestions
  • remove the only update since 2015
this is what I like to call a pro gamer move

cancel 0.3.9, i don't give a fuck. just keep custom models.

if you don't want to work on it anymore then abandon it, but leave the software up for people to continue playing.

i dont understand why he wont make it open source lol like fuck

I would urge you to reconsider this move. This is a massive error of judgement both as it would be undoing tangible evidence of your ability as a SAMP developer, as well as undoing a great many people's work that stemmed directly from you enabling them to bring their ideas to life. You can see from the great amount of posts following on from yours that loads of developers are incredibly upset by this decision, but further to this, a great many players who get to experience worlds created in samp by those same developers will have it snatched away from them. Yes, I come from a roleplay server and I know that samp doesn't cater exclusively to that market, but it is a large segment of it, and to snatch the immersion from people when the work already exists would be regrettable for everybody.

Honestly, a horrible decision to remove support for custom skins. It's been one of the greatest additions to SAMP and has allowed for servers to flourish.

I can't believe this might happen

Look at what allowing custom skins has made possible

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=670197

A medieval server with proper skins and features is a real possibility yet we'd rather throw it away due to laziness

I totally agree with JozSA as you said you don't want to work anymore and you officially give up do it sure (I don't want you to but it's pointless trying to stop you). The solution is simple, cancel 0.3.9 and leave SAMP as it is if you feel like it's too late to work sure don't do it. But removing 0.3DL is a ridiculous decision, it'll kill biggest roleplay servers SAMP has at the moment which run on 0.3DL and efforts by modders / developers will be just wasted. This way you're wasting your time developing 0.3.9 and wasting the other developers and servers owners time too in downgrading their already well-running servers. People have spent hours on working on skins and developing the server like LSRP / RCRP / non-english advanced servers, what you expect them to do after you remove custom models? Spend time on downgrade the server, players will just leave by then bryh. Try to understand, if you have gone through the thread you know what the community wants. All of them want 0.3.DL to stay because it has very good roleplay servers on it. If you really want to work on SAMP's new version just try to merge 0.3.DL and 0.3.7 that'd be more than enough really, call it the last update if you want.

The old times were great when you, ****** and other great testers worked together to make SAMP what it is today but now it's just going downside, reunite with them if you think merging gonna take so much of efforts and time please. (I barely login on samp forums because my country is banned so I don't know whats going on these days but this is clearly a bad decision:/)

As an English server player I know that players enjoy LSRP/RCRP so much that they were gonna spend their own IRL money on advertising the server with the help of big YouTubers so yeah please don't remove models or anything, let it be like it is if you can't work further because roleplay servers will just lose a lot players.

this is a joke?