Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavan
View Post
Is that Beta?

Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willttoonn
View Post
That looks great! Really creative use of DL for sure. I really like the idea of vehicles being objects so they can go in the back of vehicles such as Bobcats.

Quote:
View Post
--
That's an even more reason for Kalcor to merge the versions. You and few other server owners, particularly RP, take a FULL potential of DL.

Quote:
View Post
I created a concept in my community called open-world, the idea would be to take buildings and open structures for players to enter. Some examples of what I did:
https://i.imgur.com/iKnDf9T.png
https://i.imgur.com/LXvNSCO.png

Going further, turning vehicles into objects and making it possible to transport motorcycles and bicycles in pickup trucks:
https://i.imgur.com/f2HJrDr.png

This year I released the possibility of players dynamizing some positions in their properties, for that I used 0.3.DL features to make a dummy for him to position and set the position easily.

https://i.imgur.com/ODGVIEd.png

Also this year we had a bear hunting event to see how the community would behave if we decided to set up a wildlife system for some side hunting job, the experiment was a success and the custom skins feature was very well used.

https://i.imgur.com/3QFfk3M.png
https://i.imgur.com/c5wnqnA.png
Breathtaking, you’ve really added a lot of depth to the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian
View Post
Breathtaking, you’ve really added a lot of depth to the game.
Yes it's TRUE but he keep the game sense and tried not make a thing gta isn't that is why he's server he's so special.

Its special see in these days a server like he have

Quote:
Originally Posted by keytruth
View Post
Hi Kalcor! I’ll ask you to introduce one small, but useful, I am sure, for many servers, function CheckPlayerCheat(playerid.

Allow this function to check for the presence of a file in the GTA SA folder with the name "d3d9.dll". And that’s all. Thanks in advance, this will save, perhaps, a quarter of cheaters. Thank!
And that's useless, since 70% of cheats is asi/cleo/sf/lua based software. Moreover you couldn't actually check if that player will send you fake response for such requests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstGot
View Post
And that's useless, since 70% of cheats is asi/cleo/sf/lua based software. Moreover you couldn't actually check if that player will send you fake response for such requests.
Also I feel like this has the potential for some major security risks by giving servers access to these sort of things.

Current anticheat implementations made and developed by the community, although not perfect, seem to be doing fine in my opinion and at the end of the day people will always find a way around the prevention methods which is why the manual approach by using server administrators and players to identify hackers and cheaters will always be the preferred way.

You've already responded on this suggestion but adding Unicode will improve not only our Georgian community, to the rest also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstGot
View Post
Now think yourself which is better: at least some kind of struggle with cheaters or none on the part of Kalcor?

Quote:
View Post
Now think yourself which is better: at least some kind of struggle with cheaters or none on the part of Kalcor?
What you offer is complete nonsense, it will be bypassed a week after the release.

It is better to do everything that is listed in this topic, there are many useful things that will help fight cheats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romzes24
View Post
What you offer is complete nonsense, it will be bypassed a week after the release.

It is better to do everything that is listed in this topic, there are many useful things that will help fight cheats.
Will this feature be superfluous? I do not think

Quote:
View Post
Will this feature be superfluous? I do not think
CheckPlayerCheat? She will be completely useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romzes24
View Post
CheckPlayerCheat? She will be completely useless.
Well, why?

Quote:
View Post
Well, why?
It'll get bypassed easily. We have other ways of detecting cheats. They may not be the best but they work in most cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxus
View Post
It'll get bypassed easily. We have other ways of detecting cheats. They may not be the best but they work in most cases.
Better to give some kind of rebuff. Shuffling memory addresses and packet identifiers will also be easy to bypass in a short time. Is not it?

Quote:
View Post
Better to give some kind of rebuff. Shuffling memory addresses and packet identifiers will also be easy to bypass in a short time. Is not it?
How many times have you been told that the feature you offered is useless? Don't you understand that there's no need to dedicate "place" for a feature that will easily be forgotten and bypassed?

Read what people are trying to tell you.

It is impossible to prevent the use of cheaters in SA-MP, Kalcor can create a function to help server developers locate cheaters in the player folder, but there will always be changes in cheaters and the increasing difficulty in identifying them. And these changes to cheaters will be faster than our ability to find their uniqueness to combat them and prevent their use on our servers.

The best way remains to combat such irregularities is manually and with human analysis, unfortunately.

Some time ago I had created an "anti-nametag" to prevent players from using nametags/wallhacks, the practice would be 80% effective, only the nametag that doesn't use SA-MP features to display the player name if showed functional. Unfortunately I could not apply the feature as it was conflicting with other systems in my gamemode, so I left it aside for now.

https://i.imgur.com/KIiFmYH.png

Quote:
View Post
It is impossible to prevent the use of cheaters in SA-MP, Kalcor can create a function to help server developers locate cheaters in the player folder, but there will always be changes in cheaters and the increasing difficulty in identifying them. And these changes to cheaters will be faster than our ability to find their uniqueness to combat them and prevent their use on our servers.

The best way remains to combat such irregularities manually and with human analysis, unfortunately.
This is true. With human analysis, you lower the chance of falsely banning a player. However, humans can't always detect cheaters easily and that's when anti cheats are useful. The problem with cheats is that if you make an anti cheat, you have to actively monitor & update it as it'll be bypassed as soon as someone finds out how to. Cheaters are relentless, and they can deal a lot of damage to an insecure system.

What about UTF-8 support? It can be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalen
View Post
How many times have you been told that the feature you offered is useless? Don't you understand that there's no need to dedicate "place" for a feature that will easily be forgotten and bypassed?

Read what people are trying to tell you.
Then what changes do you expect in addition to changes in memory addresses and packet identifiers, cheaters have now reached such a point that they can bypass any anti-cheat. That's all. I concluded: they were, are and will be.

The best defence against cheaters is an active moderation/admin team, the size of which depends on the server and number of players. The gamemode should of course have aids to the team, such as warnings if someone is for example going too quickly, or their health is not lowering. An easy to use admin command system is helpful too, and just quality of life additions to help make their job easier. Making a cheater's life difficult is the best course of action, and a strong admin team backed up by good systems that can catch a large majority of them helps. If cheaters see an active admin team and a system that is working against them, they'll go somewhere else.

Summing up my point I will say that you will never truly stop cheaters from messing with your gamemode or system, but that's the same for security in general. You'll never be 100% un-hackable, the idea is to prevent the damage caused when it happens, as well as fixing any loopholes that arise and having as few attack vectors as possible. Changing the packets will happen should a new update be made anyway, as every major sa-mp release does this however, it won't help for long. If sa-mp had more anti cheat tools I also do not think it would help.

cessil made an awesome thread on anti-cheat tips: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=220089. It's well worth a read for those who need some pointers. I do not know how effective they are these days, the thread is over 8 years old now, but I am sure some of them are still effective tips.