Is it still worth it?

Guys. It was clearly stated that there will be only minor update with few fixes. Yet you keep suggesting such things as voice-chat, auto-updater or changed client. Is that really a priority? No, it is not.

The DL is ready, it could be most likely easily implemented, so the work on it won't go in vain.

You were offered a finger with the chance for DL, which we all hope could be at the end used for 0.3.9, and you are now trying to grab the whole hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCe
View Post
Guys. It was clearly stated that there will be only minor update with few fixes. Yet you keep suggesting such things as voice-chat, auto-updater or changed client. Is that really a priority? No, it is not.

The DL is ready, it could be most likely easily implemented, so the work on it won't go in vain.

You were offered a finger with the chance for DL, which we all hope could be at the end used for 0.3.9, and you are now trying to grab the whole hand.
Bro are you thinking little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavan
View Post
Bro are you thinking little.
Bro you are thinking too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4r
View Post
Bro you are thinking too much
That's really good

Every single samp developer wants 0.3DL on the main branch but Kalcor still think they don't.

I was wondering if it is possible to add a means for the server to check for files in the player's GTA folder.

This way we could check files that cannot enter the server.

Update the DL so we can add new weapons and vehicles.
Put it as official, and you will surely see a great return, and community performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavan
View Post
I was wondering if it is possible to add a means for the server to check for files in the player's GTA folder.

This way we could check files that cannot enter the server.
There is already SendClientCheck function that checks some memory addresses without the need to find forbidden file names. However this is a rather useless thing in the matter of real protection, since nothing prevents the client from ignoring or spoofing any client check response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
If you knew who I was, you would not be talking to me in that way. I helped krisk develop the ls-rp script in the very early days. I put ls-rp on the official list and hosted list and promoted that server for over a decade, even though I got nothing in return. In fact, I got stabbed in the back in the end.

Many sa-mp updates were targetted almost exclusively for ls-rp.

krisk credits pen1 and godfather for being able to create ls-rp. So, ls-rp did rely on other servers releasing stuff.

You seem to have inherited something well beyond your level. We've lost ls-rp because you are a prick.
And we all were very grateful for that, in 2008. It's 11 years later though, and although I get why you do love to reminisce about the past, it'd be cool if we focused on what we can do to move on and grow as a community.

Resort to petty insults all you wish, but it'd be cool if you focused on the major part of my post which is about us and other servers making the use of downloadable content and communities relying on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmartin
View Post
You did not lose ls-rp, kye. You dropped ls-rp. You removed us all from the beta group because I haven’t noticed your thread in the beta section after you returned from yet another half year absence of yours.
I've never been away from this site for more than a few days since it opened. There's nobody else who runs this.

I left IRC during a time when everyone was moving over to discord. You're lying about me on a public forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmartin
View Post
And we all were very grateful for that, in 2008. It's 11 years later though, and although I get why you do love to reminisce about the past, it'd be cool if we focused on what we can do to move on and grow as a community.
I've been helping ls-rp all the way up to DL. Don't expect a response from me ever again.

Quote:
View Post
I left IRC during a time when everyone was moving over to discord. You're lying about me on a public forum.
Things change overtime. Why don't you move over to discord? Is there any reason for that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalen
View Post
Things change overtime. Why don't you move over to discord? Is there any reason for that?
Would you be happy if sa-mp decided to run all the sa-mp servers?

We know your stance, you know ours. This discussion is going in circles.

Kalcor, either do 0.3.9 or don't. Do it your way or our way.

Open a 0.3.9 RC sub, create a new thread dedicated for suggestions and be an ACTIVE PARTICIPANT (ie. in the first post create 3 columns of "Accepted ideas", "Declined ideas" and "Maybe ideas")

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMaster
View Post

Open a 0.3.9 RC sub, create a new thread dedicated for suggestions and be an ACTIVE PARTICIPANT (ie. in the first post create 3 columns of "Accepted ideas", "Declined ideas" and "Maybe ideas")
I agree ,we need this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennydalglish
View Post
Can you explain why LS-RP nymphs are for you? In the Russian community there are servers with the largest online
nymphs, lol. The simple reason I don't speak russian. I need to be able to read what people are saying the in chat, on forums. The best way place to get feedback about a multiplayer game is directly from the people playing it.

Servers owners rarely report anything.

Hi Kye,

I have always thought there should be more communication with the community of SA-MP and yourself and I'm glad this topic has come to life.

Could you share some light on what are your thoughts about some suggestions that have been made here with regards to updates and what you're looking to bring to the next and possibly the final version of SA-MP.

Kalcor, what about contacting the guy on GTAForums who made SAMP Addon? He fixed/improved there plenty of things, almost all of them should be in samp by default. Players would benefit from it. (I know its not that easy, its just an idea. )

https://gtaforums.com/topic/760017-samp-addon/

Hi Kalcor on page 25, you said you agreed 100% when Flaze said:
"The community is what really matters."

But I dont understand why you wont trust the community to make a good decision,
is it because you think most people here are not qualified enough?
Im asking because I did this myself with new mappers.

If thats the case in this thread youve listened mostly to people that are qualified to make the decision:
Server owners, scripters, mappers, 3 modellers, video creators...
People that have great knowledge on attracting players into their servers, people like you.

So I cant understand why you wont go with what people are asking of you?
Their intentions are mostly the same (implement 0.3.DL features in some form into the main version)
and your aware of it, right?

If you decided based on the communities response then people wouldnt point the finger at you for making this decision either because the decision was by the community not by you.

You dont need to be responsible for every decisions that is made,
rely on people that have helped SAMP for so many years.
2 heads are better than 1 right?

page: 51
Quote:
View Post
I honestly don't know. I'm just looking at the numbers.
If it were up to me (personal preference), I'd probably say go with DL. I spent several months on it.
Listen to your personal preference in that case because everyone wants the same as well.
DL features are too amazing to not be implemented in the new version of SAMP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMaster
View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurta999
View Post
Kalcor, what about contacting the guy on GTAForums who made SAMP Addon? He fixed/improved there plenty of things, almost all of them should be in samp by default. Players would benefit from it. (I know its not that easy, its just an idea. )

Great ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurta999
View Post

You mean SPAWN_METAL?

He's tried to contact kye you mean.

And no offense, SAMP Addon should not be in samp. He RUINED it. It used to be perfect.