Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StartOver
View Post
This mod should have already been turned off / deleted. A mod where the developer does not support the bugs in the code itself, forcing server developers to fix the bugs (pathetic). The remaining players are looking for Kalcor for crumbs.
Maybe it's because we don't want a mod to die, stupid

Quote:
View Post
This mod should have already been turned off / deleted. A mod where the developer does not support the bugs in the code itself, forcing server developers to fix the bugs (pathetic). The remaining players are looking for Kalcor for crumbs.
Voicing your opinion is cool. But it probably wasn't the best idea to share a loathing for SA-MP on a thread where pretty much everyone supports SAMP and its survival.

Worth or not...!! ill be a idiot to script but ill allways do it for fun and enjoying my self on the concept itself all love come's from withing brother(s) even if someone is pissed off of due-ing it ill keep it a GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
I've read the other posts here, but don't have a response at this point.

Someone informed me that their server uses CreateMenu and they're not in a position to update their script. So, CreateMenu is going back in in some form, with security fixes.
That’s good to hear, thanks. Would you be able to take a look into the issue whereby ‘the ‘column 2 width’ parameter is ineffective in the menu? Both columns use the size specified for column 1.

Also, if there’s one thing I would ask you to consider adding over anything else which is highly impossible or at the very least incredibly inaccurate and unreliable: give us a callback to detect when a player blows up a players vehicle and kills them. I have had to disable the Hydra and Hunter on my server because it is impossible to detect if a player dies from a Hydra/Hunter rocket exploding their vehicle. It’s near impossible to make a Rhino vs Rhino mode as the deaths cannot be detected.

I could script it using maths and perhaps ColAndreas but it would be so inaccurate. Perhaps OnVehicleDeath’s killerid could be ‘fixed’ so it reports the actual destroyer of the vehicle?

I hope you consider this if you go ahead with an update.

Thanks

P.S. not sure if you’re aware of my server Mike’s Cops and Robbers. We launched in April 2019 just over 6 months ago and have gained a steady player base peaking at 68 players. Not a crazy amount but shows SA-MP still has life left in it even in the English community. I would be more than glad to provide feedback for you as certain other servers have done in the past if you so choose!

Quote:
View Post
This mod probably still gets the rent and daily necessities paid for, thus somewhat an extra side-budget. Maybe now more insignificant than the golden years but still. But I do agree, it is a bit pathetic to sugarcoat this situation when we know that it can be a little better with some action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REYO
View Post
I'm pretty sure Kalcor said he disliked the idea of an "automatic" updater awhile back, but it could be feasible if tweaked e.g. a pop-up message on the side of the client that informs of news/updates, etc.
I think it would be a way to keep the updates faster and not forcing the player to come to the forum/site to download the new version. After then I present a design idea sketch for a modern SA-MP launcher.

If you want the new version be the last version, it would be the most logical if you'd merge DL and .7 features so servers would be able to provide custom assets without the need of releasing a version which includes tons of objects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
View Post
give us a callback to detect when a player blows up a players vehicle and kills them. I have had to disable the Hydra and Hunter on my server because it is impossible to detect if a player dies from a Hydra/Hunter rocket exploding their vehicle. It’s near impossible to make a Rhino vs Rhino mode as the deaths cannot be detected.
This isn't impossible, I've had this since like 2014 , pm me on discord I'll show you snippets

I don't like the idea of auto-updates either. Look what it caused to Liberty Unleashed - the client is now stuck several seconds when you launch it, because the auto-updater source is offline and client still attempts to find the downloads. When SA-MP is eventually discontinued at some point in future, the client could cause troubles for players too.

The auto-update is also not needed, as it was announced, there most likely won't be no further updates after 0.3.9.

I'm operating my server since 0.2.2 and there never were any significant issues for players to update their clients. If anything, I would just suggest server can display a dialog to player, if they connect with different version than the server is running on - this could be used to inform players where to download the latest client. The hostname might be too short to put all the relevant info to. But this is just minor suggestion and is probably not needed either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCe
View Post
I don't like the idea of auto-updates either. Look what it caused to Liberty Unleashed - the client is now stuck several seconds when you launch it, because the auto-updater source is offline and client still attempts to find the downloads. When SA-MP is eventually discontinued at some point in future, the client could cause troubles for players too.

The auto-update is also not needed, as it was announced, there most likely won't be no further updates after 0.3.9.

I'm operating my server since 0.2.2 and there never were any significant issues for players to update their clients. If anything, I would just suggest server can display a dialog to player, if they connect with different version than the server is running on - this could be used to inform players where to download the latest client. The hostname might be too short to put all the relevant info to. But this is just minor suggestion and is probably not needed either.
Man just not automatic, but optional.

I drafted a launcher idea, using Discord's friendly colors, using the forum header design idea. The auto update option can be switched by the player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willttoonn
View Post
I drafted a launcher idea, using Discord's friendly colors, using the forum header design idea. The auto update option can be switched by the player.

That sounds very nice.

I just think I could take some things off and increase more.

I don't think automatic updates are the way to go. Being able to download SA-MP updates through the browser itself would be nice, but they should never be forced upon the player. Lots of servers adopt newer SA-MP versions at different rates. If a player was forced to update their client version, there's a good chance they wouldn't be able to play on some of their favorite servers for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB
View Post
I don't think automatic updates are the way to go. Being able to download SA-MP updates through the browser itself would be nice, but they should never be forced upon the player. Lots of servers adopt newer SA-MP versions at different rates. If a player was forced to update their client version, there's a good chance they wouldn't be able to play on some of their favorite servers for a while.
That is why the idea of ​​being optional and not automatic.

Please no. So many layout changes would confuse most of the players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCe
View Post
Please no. So many layout changes would confuse most of the players.
Please do not think so.

So, the client has automatic updating but servers don't, as well as plugins. Imagine the chaos it would cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0heart
View Post
So, the client has automatic updating but servers don't, as well as plugins. Imagine the chaos it would cause.
This is no problem, let's just think, the player has his servers and manually he can activate the option for those servers only, if those servers he has selected in the favorites update, his client updates itself.

Or maybe version 0.3.9 is universal, it works on all versions.

And future updates are just corrections.

client is fine i don't think it's necessary to waste time updating it while there's a lot more to do.
keep it classic, i like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3Pedro
View Post
client is fine i don't think it's necessary to waste time updating it while there's a lot more to do.
keep it classic, i like that.
It's not a question now, just a future idea.

We must evolve.