Is it still worth it?

Should we also release all of our maps? Our game mode perhaps? Heck why not make all of our infrastructure open source.

The argument is flawed. The point of a customization feature is exactly that - for servers to be able to stand out and be different from one another. If all servers have the same models, it’s not really that unique.

Besides, nowhere have we said we’re not open to sharing our resources. Infact I’ve gotten halfway through a project which would allow modders share their work for servers to use free of charge, but I’ve lost any sort of motivation to finish it because of the stance kyes had on 038/DL for a while now.

But if that’s what’s the issue here, I wouldn’t want exclusivity get in the way of our community’s (both samp and lsrp) well-being. I pledge to release all of our models for anyone to use, free of charge - given the models author will not explicitly forbid me to - if the next version of SAMP contains the DL feature. I urge other server owners to join me - whether you have one or hundreds of custom models.

Kalcor

Do not remove the DL in version 0.3.9, just improve it, if you have remove will be a big mistake...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
I already did it months ago. I'm not adding it back.

No. If you want voice chat in sa-mp, use team speak etc.
Voice chat has long been invented in Russian, without your participation. The largest servers already, long ago test it and slowly enter in SAMP.

@mmartin

COnsider it done - over 1200 of model exports, unreleased models for modern and niche servers ready for download if the next version of samp contains 0.3dl

I support model release if necessary.

But..
If no one can help with SA-MP development, why isn't it an open source project, why should our servers and models be?

Many players take gamemodes, don't even know how to create a new command, or a textdraw, and open servers.

Maybe this was one of the problems with the drop in players, new players arrive, get into 2 or 3 servers that use the same game mode with major bugs and end up leaving SA-MP thinking it must be all.

The first impression is the one it gets, isn't it?

Those arriving at SA-MP and playing LS-RP for the first time will hardly be content with another server across the platform.
And making the LS-RP open source would make everyone the same and full of problems that only the LS-RP team would be able to solve, and the LS-RP would no longer be a highlight / differential, and the many other "copy" servers. , would become a cover of problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe_Freeze
View Post
I support model release if necessary.

But..
If no one can help with SA-MP development, why isn't it an open source project, why should our servers and models be?

Many players take gamemodes, don't even know how to create a new command, or a textdraw, and open servers.

Maybe this was even one of the player crash issues, new players arrive, enter 2 or 3 servers that use the same gamemode without any major bugs and bugs, and end up leaving SA-MP thinking it must be all that.

The first impression is the one it gets, isn't it?

Those arriving at SA-MP and playing LS-RP for the first time will hardly be content with another server across the platform.
And making the LS-RP open source would make everyone the same and full of problems that only the LS-RP team would be able to solve, and the LS-RP would no longer be a highlight / differential, and the many other "copy" servers. , would become a cover of problems.
I don't think you need to release the source code, just giving ways to do something cool would be a big step for the community.

There's a discord full of people, pop in and speak to the people 'on the ground'.

Remember how the community reacted to the 0.3.8 release? You've done a great job. In the end, abandoned it. And then wondered why no one uses its in as a the main. I was developing a project on 0.3.DL and know other people who do exactly on this version. Online in the first minutes reached 300 players and I did not hear any negative comments about 0.3.DL. But because of your decision, new SAMP players don't know about the DL. Projects are ready to invest in it.

If you ignore everyone who does not speak English, then listen to the developers of ls rp and other English-speaking servers.

I'm ready to wait. But I want DL as the main version. Take a few hours every day and release a secure version!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle
View Post
There's a discord full of people, pop in and speak to the people 'on the ground'.
This.

Also,

A lot of people tend to use discord/a server's forums to share modeling work be it skins, weapons, vehicles or miscellaneous modding resources. Tanz makes a good point on the 'look in the mirror' part of the argument Kalcor set.

I think there is a definite need for more faces chiming in to post content in the 0.3.DL section, be it; problems and solutions/workarounds to certain opcodes, sharing their REL mods, introducing buried plugins for blender, 3dsmax etc to the masses that'll be using them if DL is to be set in stone officially etc.

Why are we seeing the opposite effect?

Simple reasons to this are people tend to reach out for their resources on already established and 'known' platforms, e.g. modding discord/forum (sa-mp) servers that have promoted their corner of the internet so other likeminded people can chime in and bite on the content/ contribute theirs. Another reason, owners of these modding discords have more control over their discord and can create channels etc w/e to organize everything. Third reason, now paraphrasing this in Kalcor's words "not everyone who uses SA-MP is on the SA-MP forums" as he once said, meaning the lack of exposure or expectation for the section in the first place makes the rest of the snowball effect.

How can this be solved?

I think the masses who will be using 0.3DL in the future are going to be keen on SA-MP starter resources for help, first they chime in on the DL section to download and access useful tools like DL itself and KDFF. And then possibly look for more resources to help kickstart their modding adventure. I and many others, I think we know of some resources available that the masses may not and all of this should be shared to ultimately help the DL version and it's users in the future. Of course, there are also tools and techniques unknown to even me and hell I would also like to know how to do x,y or z. But I think this is the part where the ego and selfishness take place unconsciously.

Simply put, a lot of people have experienced problems and found workarounds - if they only fend for themselves then information is contained selfishly and that puts newer DL users at a disadvantage because they'll need to scratch backs with someone or find a solution the long way.

The solution I would say is for people that know of the DL section, be it server owners etc - to sort of direct and pointer their modding communities/pupils or modding discords etc to acknowledge the existence of the DL section and indirectly chime in to share their content of desire to help allocate new information to users in the dark i.e. blender plugins, modding resources, techniques, released content etc.

After all, the only reason this is the most trending thread on the forums right now is due to word of mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
No. If you want voice chat in sa-mp, use team speak etc.
It is because of this mindset that we have not progressed.

- Is there a possibility to do? So why not do it?
- Is a native function better or using third party software?
- If it's not possible! so do not do.

Brings the discussion of the subject to the community.

- The developers want it?
- Do the players want it?

So if they want why not do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavan
View Post

There are much more serious and relevant problems/suggestions that could be implemented now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstGot
View Post
There are much more serious and relevant problems/suggestions that could be implemented now.
Voice support will take the rp atmosphere in another level.

Quote:
View Post

This is not the time for discussing features that were never supposed to be in SA-MP. Especially considering the amount of additional work that it would require (and the amount of bandwidth the servers would have to take if this was done without external applications). Attention is needed elsewhere.

Besides, it is possible to add such a feature without server or client modifications. Look up Task Force Radio/ACRE for Arma 3, it has TS3 integration. I suppose Discord API can also support this. Then all you need is to set up the 3D system and get the server to report positions of all players to TS3/Discord. If you really need this sort of system for your server, you can make one yourself (or find somebody to make it). It is doable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstGot
View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllidanS4
View Post
This is not the time for discussing features that were never supposed to be in SA-MP. Especially considering the amount of additional work that it would require (and the amount of bandwith the servers would have to take if this was done without external applications). Attention is needed elsewhere.

Besides, it is possible to add such a feature without server or client modifications. Look up Task Force Radio/ACRE for Arma 3, it has TS3 integration. I suppose Discord API can also support this. Then all you need is to set up the 3D system and get the server to report positions of all players to TS3/Discord. If you really need this sort of system for your server, you can make one yourself (or find somebody to make it). It is doable.
It's like I said, it's these mindsets that we don't progress, It's also like I said, if it's possible, why not do it?

I do not say it needs to be now, but to bring the matter, to discuss the matter, to mature the subject.

There's a difference between being reasonable and realistic and just being in fantasy. Voice support in SA-MP wouldn't be anything good. I know majority of players in SA-MP are young, imagine a roleplay server and now you have a guy portraying a gangster, and as he approaches you, a high pitch voice of a 13 year old "HANDS UP MODAFOKA". Rather focus on the features that are massively beneficial such as DL features. There's many substitutes for voice, such as discord, teamspeak and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocMax
View Post
There's a difference between being reasonable and realistic and just being in fantasy. Voice support in SA-MP wouldn't be anything good. I know majority of players in SA-MP are young, imagine a roleplay server and now you have a guy portraying a gangster, and as he approaches you, a high pitch voice of a 13 year old "HANDS UP MODAFOKA". Rather focus on the features that are massively beneficial such as DL features. There's many substitutes for voice, such as discord, teamspeak and so on.
This is nothing, GTA V exists and yet it is still GTA V, what is sa-mp in front of GTA V?

What is sa-mp in front of MTA?

You all put storm in the cup of water.

Frankly FiveM roleplay is a meme. I've visited numerous servers and laughed my ass off instead of roleplaying. If you watch streamers ''roleplay'' on FiveM, it appears to be a whole different understanding of roleplay. While roleplay on SA-MP is mostly taken seriously and realistically to a degree, they're just bantering as characters and claiming roleplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocMax
View Post
Frankly FiveM roleplay is a meme. I've visited numerous servers and laughed my ass off instead of roleplaying. If you watch streamers ''roleplay'' on FiveM, it appears to be a whole different understanding of roleplay. While roleplay on SA-MP is mostly taken seriously and realistically to a degree, they're just bantering as characters and claiming roleplay.
Man each does what he wants, but for one person the others don't have to pay the price.

Just follow the rules of each server and have fun.

The owner of scavange & survive open-sourced his whole game mode and said that he benefited from it, so I think there won't be a problem in giving out some models.

Quote:
View Post
It's like I said, it's these mindsets that we don't progress, It's also like I said, if it's possible, why not do it?.
This logic can be applied to even the craziest kind of ideas, including justifying the clientside overdose, which is, for example, in MTA. The main problem with such wishes is that it would be easier for these people to just leave to MTA, while the main samp problems are much closer. However it's just my opinion.