Is it still worth it?

You are asked not to delete and change something, but rather to add something new (the same objects and skins). Why don’t you want to listen to people? In this case, this update fuck nobody needs. Why are you complicating things? You only make it worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
CreateMenu isn't needed. I can't even remember the last time I saw it used in a server.

And there is one new native already GetPlayerCameraAimZ.
As much as I like to see the scripting API being completed, this doesn't outweigh the removal of other natives.

I agree that some functions can be deprecated over time, but the reason should be an introduction of a better way to achieve the same result. There are dialogs which work quite nicely, and textdraws can indeed be used to implement menus aestethically, perhaps with less limitations than the current system has, but that requires finding or creating a new script to make it work.

CreateMenu has its limitations, but this is not the right time to remove natives. We are in a situation when there are two versions with slightly different and incompatible features, and many plugins have to supplant features missing from the base server. It's not the right time to complicate the lives of scripters by requiring them to find yet another implementation for something that used to be provided by SA-MP (and was sufficient for them). Especially if you justify it by saying that is was made by Y Less and other features made by him will follow.

Stating "I don't think it is useful" is subjective and shouldn't be a valid reason when you are creating something which should be extremely inclusive and powerful, like a library or a scripting API.

Quote:
View Post
CreateMenu isn't needed. I can't even remember the last time I saw it used in a server.
This menu is used on many large Russian servers when changing the skin and during registration. Also, many servers use the menu in the mode of spectating on players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllidanS4
View Post
As much as I like to see the scripting API being completed, this doesn't outweigh the removal of other natives.

I agree that some functions can be deprecated over time, but the reason should be an introduction of a better way to achieve the same result. There are dialogs which work quite nicely, and textdraws can indeed be used to implement menus aestethically, perhaps with less limitations than the current system has, but that requires finding or creating a new script to make it work.

CreateMenu has its limitations, but this is not the right time to remove natives. We are in a situation when there are two versions with slightly different and incompatible features, and many plugins have to supplant features missing from the base server. It's not the right time to complicate the lives of scripters by requiring them to find yet another implementation for something that used to be provided by SA-MP (and was sufficient for them). Especially if you justify it by saying that is was made by Y Less and other features made by him will follow.

Stating "I don't think it is useful" is subjective and shouldn't be a valid reason when you are creating something which should be extremely inclusive and powerful, like a library or a scripting API.
Sorry for the fact that I can't put another +rep so I just say that I completely agree with all this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romzes24
View Post
This menu is used on many large Russian servers when changing the skin and during registration. Also, many servers use the menu in the mode of spectating on players.
I don't want to put it back in. I feel like it's probably not secure anyway.

Can't someone throw together a textdraw menu system?

Quote:
View Post
I feel like it's probably not secure anyway.
Care to elaborate?

any chance give developers access to server-side .SAA? for manipulation of weapon and vehicle data.

If you join the dl version with the main one, I would reopen my server.

... a function to hide the hud would not be bad.

Quote:
View Post
Ok, can you improve textdraw? It is necessary to make it so that they can easily control the keyboard buttons as it was in CreateMenu, add new sprites from object models and expand the limit for displaying sprites over 100.
Also, there is really not enough style for entering text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Coldheart
View Post
Care to elaborate?
Last time I tested it, probably 2008, it came up with garbled text.

But I just took a quick look at the code. The menu items are limited to 32 chars, so it's probably fine.

Quote:
View Post
I don't want to put it back in. I feel like it's probably not secure anyway.

No. It's harder
Does it not reach you that people do not want such changes? Why are you continuing

Quote:
View Post
Last time I tested it, probably 2008, it came up with garbled text.

But I just took a quick look at the code. The menu items are limited to 32 chars, so it's probably fine.
I'm not looking to argue with you, but I'd doubt it's the worst of SA-MPs vulnerabilities.

However, it's still making life unnecessarily painful for the community members because of the relationship between you and ******. Not going to comment on this any further though, as it seems like there is no way to talk sense to you. Good luck on your journey.

Quote:
View Post
Ok, can you improve textdraw? It is necessary to make it so that they can easily control the keyboard buttons as it was in CreateMenu, add new sprites from object models and expand the limit for displaying sprites over 100.
Also, there is really not enough style for entering text.
Also, textdraw lack support for Russian characters. We cannot use Cyrillic on our servers normally.

Can you add cyrillic support to textdraw?

Merge 0.3DL and 0.3.7. Tq

I hope textdraw will not be removed?
And yet, will the CreateMenu alternative be in a new type of dialog?

Update:
Quote:
View Post
Can you add cyrillic support to textdraw?
Really, Kalcor, very useful!

People are giving advice on what they want for the 0.3.9.
Please reply to them and tell them - "I think it's (not) a good idea because of this, this and this" so we can stop with the duplicates and open new discussions regarding new features.

Also consider getting a helping hand with the developing stuff.

Please increase the SetPlayerAttachedObject limit. And objects with numbers are needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Coldheart
View Post
I'm not looking to argue with you, but I'd doubt it's the worst of SA-MPs vulnerabilities.
That's speculation on your part. I have the actual code right in front of me.

It definitely needs to be removed from sa-mp.

For a new version it would be nice to have new security mechanisms for queries in SA-MP, it's a problem that has been dragging for many years. If this mechanism were renewed in this version this would revive developers to create servers again in sa-mp since they would not have the concern about such specific attacks on their servers.

Quote:
View Post
That's speculation on your part. I have the actual code right in front of me.

It definitely needs to be removed from sa-mp.
Can't you just... remake it...