Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli9434
View Post
if they asked, would they get
Haven't you followed the thread? Obviously the answer is no with the relationship of Kalcor and ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli9434
View Post
if they asked, would they get
No. Because they said the entire point of the project was to get rid of me.

But I did give permission to gtasvr.ru. They've been running for 10 years or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post

But I did give permission to gtasvr.ru. They've been running for 10 years or so.
They dont need a permission to make a multiplayer mod for GTA SA though. You didn't either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Coldheart
View Post
They dont need a permission to make a multiplayer mod for GTA SA though. You didn't either.
You obviously weren't following along during 4/11. They published on their website they were going to release a mod compatible with sa-mp.

I think this thread is starting to derail / going off topic.

I think let's concentrate on the new update.

Quote:
View Post
As far as I know, it wasn't to get rid of you. It was to progress the community and develop the mod further.
You can probably agree that the development was slow. Last official feature version we've got was 0.3.7, released in 2015.

Quote:
View Post
That website doesn't work. You probably posted a wrong link.

Quote:
View Post
You obviously weren't following along during 4/11. They published on their website they were going to release a mod compatible with sa-mp.
Also, I repeat myself. Being compatible doesn't mean plagiarism / copyright violation.

Quote:
View Post
Haven't you followed the thread? Obviously the answer is no with the relationship of Kalcor and ******
if you dont ask you dont get brother

Quote:
View Post
I'm not claiming to own "OnPlayerConnect." But there'd be a point where so many names are copied, that you could say this work is derived from another work.

This is all theoretical discussion. But I feel confident saying that any client or server compatible with sa-mp would necessarily have to violate our copyright, and therefore "open mp" would have to ask my permission.
This all but theoretical discussion has real consequences. You claim it violates your copyright but in doing so, you must prove that your intellectual work is duplicated. open mp has code made from scratch, different routines, different algorithms, different scripting API, and just so happens to be "compatible" with the current SA-MP client. Some basic names for basic concepts may be duplicated, but any project that works with a system that has "objects", "vehicles" or "weapons" is bound to do so.

Quote:
View Post
The entire point of the project is to provide better server software, fix bugs, add support for other scripting languages and so on. Nobody wants to assassinate you.

You could say that plugins do the same, and indeed, there are plugins utilizing the scripting API, the network protocol etc. that were made without your permission.

Quote:
View Post

Perhaps we are talking about gtasrv.ru?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle
View Post

Hello SA-MP forum moderator, unlike yourself, I believe that thread is not being derailed. The replies to this thread still are still relevant to the original question which was "Is it still worth it?".

If the forum rules thread was still around, I'm sure you could get infracted for backseat moderating.

Quote:
View Post

What update? The removed natives? Yauza! Lets celebrate

Quote:
View Post

People giving their opinion, talking about what's being discussed in the topic, giving feedback and call their criticism isn't derailing.

Quote:
View Post
What update? The removed natives? Yauza! Lets celebrate
You're probably a open mp clown.
Listen mr.einstein we know you know a lot of stuff about copyrights but this thread was meant to be for the server owners and their request for small improvements, so if you're not here for that at least stop bothering with your 'funny' replies.

And to those who is saying that OPEN MP has nothing to do with samp leaked code.

Those are the people who was actually working on samp leaked code.

The people on OPen MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3Pedro
View Post
You're probably a open mp clown.
Listen mr.einstein we know you know a lot of stuff about copyrights but this thread was meant to be for the server owners and their request for small improvements, so if you're not here for that at least stop bothering with your 'funny' replies.

And to those who is saying that OPEN MP has nothing to do with samp leaked code.

The people on OPen MP
Well, I'm not. I know that this thread was meant for that, but it obviously hasn't been about that in like last 20 pages. Also, having same developers doesn't automatically mean copyright infringement. Thanks for contributing though, and instantly assuming I'm an "Open mp clown". Sums up your attitude also quite well.

Speaking from an objective and neutral attitude, I really can't understand how removing natives or ******'s whole work is beneficial to the community. It's pretty much causing everyone more work, as useful plugins are removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3Pedro
View Post

The people on OPen MP
What are you trying to prove? SA-MP is not implied in the two gyazo screenshots you have shared?

CreateMenu isn't needed. I can't even remember the last time I saw it used in a server.

And there is one new native already GetPlayerCameraAimZ.

Quote:
View Post
CreateMenu isn't needed. I can't even remember the last time I saw it used in a server.
I get removing obsolete code. However, this is a direct quote from you:

Quote:

I'd like to eventually remove everything contributed by him.

This is actually making your own community do more work than it does good to it, even though you may have some personal gripes with him. Why punish your community?

Quote:
View Post
It won't be punishing because anything that's actually needed by servers will be replaced.
But didn't you ban him and remove all of his plugins and contributions to the community from the forum? Or did you replace all of that in some update that I haven't just seen?

I get that anything that is NEEDED is replaced, but when you don't replace something that's not NEEDED but makes life easier, it's still punishing.

Quote:
View Post
It won't be punishing because anything that's actually needed by servers will be replaced.
Is the removal of class selection needed? If I recall correctly, it's not compatible with 0.3.DL/0.3.8?