Is it still worth it?

That seems like you 5 years just was lazy.
And you will lazy all your life.
Good job. You've lost all your continue of mp.
But all devs will use your mp as start platform for the next level playing as MTA.

GG

Quote:
Originally Posted by anayks
View Post
That's seems like you 5 years just was lazy.
And you will lazy all your life.
Good job. You've lost all your continue of mp.
But all devs will use your mp as start platform for the next level playing as MTA.

GG
Get some duolingo dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalen
View Post
Get some duolingo dude
To chat with people like Kalkor?
Sorry, but one cheater can do more than he did in 5 years

So, that's the respect they were talking about as I can see

I'm unsure what these two people from Russia are hoping to achieve but the whole point is that if you want SA-MP to be like MTA, go play MTA? what's holding you back? SA-MP has always been superior and the community larger and servers far more diverse because it was different than MTA and majorly in a good way.

I would disagree with both open sourcing SA-MP simply as it would lead to dividing community further into more small pieces just as currently DL and 0.3.7 have done on a smaller scale, and I would disagree with turning SA-MP into a MTA.

I would much more prefer if SA-MP had a developer alongside Kalcor who would continue to push updates and so on.

The only thing I'd say SA-MP needs before development halts is to address the matter which is 0.3.7 and DL being separate, it should be merged into a final version, and servers that wish to have players download stuff may do so, those who do not wish to, may not. After all, players will be the ones making the server developers decide what to use, since if a server chooses to put a ton of stuff for download, it won't have many players as they won't bother to wait. They'll simply play another server.

And it will definitely make more servers use DL features which you didn't waste time making, as many pointed out in this thread that they're only not using DL due to it never becoming official and promoted as other official releases.

it's possible those two were just trolls. I'll try find out more.

if you run a server and threaten sa-mp, you're getting blocked from the lists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
it's possible those two were just trolls. I'll try find out more.

if you run a server and threaten sa-mp, you're getting blocked from the lists.
One thing I am sure about - they are russians. And one of them should really have something to do with that arizona, though I can't believe that was the behaviour of main developer.

What people really want from you is to show some interest and start developing for SA-MP again. There are still much ppl that play SA-MP, Some say SA-MP is declining players and then you separated players into two platforms that is 0.3.7 and 0.3DL.

With due respect, It is our humble request for you to join the SAMP Development back, Start with a bug fixes(That's a great start IMO and we will appreciate ANYTHING as long as you are standing infront of us improving SA-MP). Then there's a real hope for SA-MP to not die real quick.

To be honest, SA-MP is still not dead - Idk when it was created (Lol) but it is still here and many people play it, don't they? Many have left too because our leader ( that is you Kalcor ) have abandoned SA-MP completely and you are hopeless for SAMP's revival.

This isn't a negative comment but only trying to motivate you to work again for SA-MP. We're standing right behind you waiting for you!

Waiting for this thread to get deleted...
Russians always ruin things up.

Quote:
View Post
Sometimes bad data is being sent to the script callbacks because I figured it's better for the script to know the player is sending bad data so they can be banned.
OK, then why can't I return return 0 to OnVehicleDeath to prevent vehicle spawn when cheaters attack my server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3Pedro
View Post
Waiting for this thread to get deleted...
Russians always ruin things up.
I'm not deleting it because of them. I thought they were trolls all along.

The discussion is meant to be about whether I can go ahead with a 0.3.9 update which shifts 0.3.7 over to a new version. I just need thumbs up from a few big 0.3.7 servers.

Sorry for the Russian community. These guys want the development of SA-MP, but it turns out as always. This is not the main part of the Russian community..

Quote:
View Post
The discussion is meant to be about whether I can go ahead with a 0.3.9 update which shifts 0.3.7 over to a new version. I just need thumbs up from a few big 0.3.7 servers.
Why not update the dl version instead?

28 pages to read damm

Ok so Kalcor is right samp is dying
Now i will take for the french community

Back in the days we have 200-300 server with around 30-500 ppl in it after we got ban form original forum we try to stand up with an other forum it was working for 2 years and now only 2-3 server ran with 100+ players

the good old days is behind us

I'm an owner of a server 0.3dl and we still need to figure out what is the problem with 0.3dl what possibility we can do with that yes we are few to play and the time is between 18-05 o'clock

and got a recent bug for the 0.3dl
when 2 FS got the " OnPlayerRequestDownload " the dl is not down in one time and got error

Quote:
View Post
I'm not deleting it because of them. I thought they were trolls all along.

I don't know if I'm "big" enough with 100 concurrent players, but upgrading to 0.3.9 to make cheats stop working is not worth it imo. The cheating boards are still active and it's just a matter of a days before they get released again being fully functional. We have had our own client-side anti-cheat for 3+ years now and have no trouble with cheaters - so for myself I have no reason to update if 0.3.9 is just memory address changes to break cheats.

I never updated my server to DL because it felt like SA-MP divided into 2, the player base has already continuously been shrinking but that just made it worse. Some of our players played on multiple servers, 0.3.7 and DL. Not to mention that DL is not listed on the sa-mp website either.

I would much prefer if 0.3.9 makes DL the primary branch or if there are any other updates.

Two people who told the truth, two people who told us what we thought.
I believe that they are all good intentions, all for one purpose.
To make Sa: MP better.
0.39 is what we all expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot
View Post
I don't know if I'm "big" enough with 100 concurrent players, but upgrading to 0.3.9 to make cheats stop working is not worth it imo. The cheating boards are still active and it's just a matter of a days before they get released again being fully functional. We have had our own client-side anti-cheat for 3+ years now and have no trouble with cheaters - so for myself I have no reason to update if 0.3.9 is just memory address changes to break cheats.

it felt like SA-MP divided into 2, the player base has already continuously been shrinking but that just made it worse
this is pretty accurate, samp needs one client for all players. i think server owners were really debating on whether or not to update to DL or keep running on current version, feels like half the people are on .7 and the other half is on DL

I can't call my server big, as it has been suffering a lot the last year. But, being a server owner of Mini Games Server since 2010 (It started in 2009), then I want to say my opinion as it's an old server. I'm struggling a lot to get new players. Sometimes the server has 0 players, and other times it has max 30.

We are still on 0.3.7. Updating to 0.3.9 would be in favor for us to get rid of a lot of hackers. But, like a lot of other people says, then it's mostly a temp solution until they find new ways to use hacks. So, like I've told my players and my team, is that I'm gonna run the server until the day there ain't players left. So I'm in favor for both staying with 0.3.7 or updating to 0.3.9. As I know, and we all know that there won't be any new features or special things. GTA sa:mp is old, and new people who starts playing games, more often go for a newer game like fortnite, cs:go etc..

I'm with woot on what he says.

Regards,
Beremix
Mini Games Server Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad@m
View Post
this is pretty accurate, samp needs one client for all players. i think server owners were really debating on whether or not to update to DL or keep running on current version, feels like half the people are on .7 and the other half is on DL
You are right, for SA-MP you need one client that will combine versions 0.3.7 and 0.3DL.

Quote:
View Post
0.3.7 server owners report in if you see this. Are you happy with a 0.3.7 update (0.3.9) which just updates packet IDs and memory addresses?
Yes, at this point every little helps. I've run the Sumo Server since 2008, and I also run Mini-Missions that's existed in one way or another since 2008, though only recently passed to me. That server is slowly going up again in player counts, so there's still life left in SA:MP, life that should be nurtured rather than ignored.

If there is anything else you have worked on in the background but not pushed out, you can also include that as a final thanks to the players who have stuck with SA:MP for so long, i've been around since 0.1b days, as have many of my players. An update, if nothing else, would help us through the festive period without too much hassle for once. Just because you may have had enough, I implore you, don't let SA:MP die. Find someone who can continue it for as long as there is a reasonable amount of players around, if you do not want to do it yourself. There is no need to kill SA:MP, or wait for someone else to do another mod to replace SA:MP, if they can just use the SA:MP files or take over here.

Neiher of my servers use 0.3DL, not because I didn't want it, but because there wasn't enough players using that version to sustain the servers. I'm sure this is why a lot of others also didn't update, it's an update that is useful and wanted, especially by larger servers, but people didn't emigrate because... a lot of other people didn't emigrate. Probably as everyone was afraid of glitches in the unfinished DL (it was at least portrayed as unfinished / early beta), or afraid of what happened, no one else, or not enough people, would switch over. Don't let what happened to DL get you down or think we've had enough of it all.

- Adam / RDL
Mini Missions & Sumo Server