Is it still worth it?

From Y_Lеss:

Quote:

I'm not the only one interested in continuing - many people are. That you (Kalcor) aren't is not a problem - we've always understood that people want to move on. The issue people have is you trying to take SA:MP with you. That's why, after literally years of trying to get you to let someone else take over (*someone* not explicitly *me*), we went with a backup plan. That was never the desire, nor was it a "mutiny" (your words) against SA:MP - it was a last resort. But the desire to continue SA:MP in its official capacity has always been there and will remain there. We'd love to reopen some dialogue and mend some bridges, and actually help your legacy continue on after you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
Part of the problem with DL is it's so slow to get feedback.
If your answer about fixes and updates will be positive, we will help you as we can.
Just say this. We're waiting.

It's easy as ABC.

- fix issues left over from previous versions.
- update memory addresses and ids.
- merge DL and 037 to 039.
- release 039 as the official version.

four easy steps to give samp community a little hope. we spent years if not a decade playing and being part of this awesome community.

dialogue with Y_Lеss and others is your own choice but at least make 039 happen before any dialog.

sincerely.

Make 0.3.9 happen ,I want SA-MP to be back to development. I want to see it survive for another 4-5 year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0minic
View Post
It's easy as ABC.

- fix issues left over from previous versions.
- update memory addresses and ids.
- merge DL and 037 to 039.
- release 039 as the official version.

four easy steps to give samp community a little hope. we spent years if not a decade playing and being part of this awesome community.

dialogue with Y_Lеss and others is your own choice but at least make 039 happen before any dialog.

sincerely.
I fully agree on this, nothing else is really needed.

Quote:
View Post
I never asked if anyone wanted DL. I said DL wasn't ready for release.
Why?

I can understand why people are nervous because they want legendary game like SA-MP to continue its adventure and many great updates and they want to continue have fun from the game. I can also understand Kalcor afterall he spent all of his years developing SA-MP, for a 2004 made game and yeah its normal right now for him to leave it and have a break from it.However, I wish he really didn't do that,I wish he decided to continue and try to find solutions to make SA-MP live. Thats right game is too old itself, but it had potential to live longer, however with splitting SA-MP into 2 versions bringt its end too soon, if year was around 2007 - 2008 then maybe splitting SA-MP into half wouldn't damage the game, but doing that after so many years harmed the community. I just wish Kalcor really decides to unite both SA-MP versions back under 0.3DL or 0.3.8 whatever you call.

When idea of adding custom skins and such became topic of this community, there were a lot of mindless kids who were opposing to that idea and they were supporting splitting SA-MP into half, I was there to oppose against them aswell and tried to explain them that its a stupid move to do however it ended up with I am getting banned from forums ( my old account was TuRKboy ). Long story short I can say new generation of SA-MP bringt the end of it with their lack of knowledge about this community, I am sure SA-MP can have its old players back with developing itself more accept it or not, people who left SA-MP are missing it already, I got tons of friends who left SA-MP, they are just waiting for something diffrent to play this game again.

I would be synonymous for that 0.3DL to make the main version because it has a lot potenziall and the people are waiting for it, this finally history that comes back a few updates that the list is free again as with 0.3DL two versions to make was not well I would like to update my server to the 0.3LD but since it is not as an official version at sa-mp.com I will not do that yet as soon as it's out.

My two cents, aimed towards Kalcor: Open source the mod. Allow us to move beyond Pawn. It's already being done in the form of SAMPGDK and SampSharp, allowing for C++ and C# development respectively. C# is more commonplace than pawn, allowing new devs to catch on quicker, while also not being dependent on the SAMP community to provide plugins.

Quote:
View Post
How many of you requesting DL actually post in the DL section? It can go weeks in there without a single post.

Well duh news at 5, it's slow to get feedback and/or has little to no servers using it because you demoted it to a DOA branch no one bothers to use as their main server version (cause no players).

I know dozens of servers who prepared a 0.3.8 build with loads of custom models and new features utilizing the new API changes (including our now long dead community), they all archived the scripts the second you announced that it'll be a separate branch or reverted back to 0.3.7 when they saw their playerbase die off.
The only reason DL has no support is cause you left it to die outside of the main branch, no matter how hard you try to twist that truth. No one to blame but yourself, no offense btw.

Regarding open source / OT: just let the mod die already. We've had our fair share of memories from this mod, no need to turn it into an abomination by having people mess with and fuck up the code (only retards seem to contribute to OS projects in the GTA modding scene imho) or others creating ultimate cheat engines.
If someone is capable of updating the mod they'll go and make their own mod anyways (that'll horribly die hehe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithis
View Post
Open source the mod.
Read the entire topic from the first page.
Quote:
View Post
Allow us to move beyond Pawn.
Quote:
View Post
It's already being done in the form of SAMPGDK and SampSharp, allowing for C++ and C# development respectively. C# is more commonplace than pawn, allowing new devs to catch on quicker, while also not being dependent on the SAMP community to provide plugins.
Your "two cents" make absolutely no sense due to the lack of logic in the post. What do you actually require?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalen
View Post
Your "two cents" make absolutely no sense due to the lack of logic in the post. What do you actually require?
Native support to create gamemodes in other programming languages.

We are a little stupid in psychology.

We need an accurate answer.
We waited 4 years for the new version (at least 0.3.8 )
And if all the problems is a feedback - give me at least some sign.
Everyone is afraid to ask you a question. I - no, I have nothing to lose.

If you do not give an answer, every second server will use the launcher.
SA-MP will simply become available for custom servers.

The third day we expect something from you. All Russian developers are following this.
And your answer is what everything depends on.

Hoping you're doing mentally and physically well because it sometimes worries us, but well. I am going to re-iterate my words into a good sounding plan:

- Merge DL and 037 to 039.
- Update memory addresses and ids.
- Fix issues left over from previous versions.*
- Release 039 for server and client.

* You can also release minor client and server updates every month or two, server updates aren't much to be honest to deal with when you go from 039 R1 to R2, or so on, unless it does something that [can] potentially break(s) something. So most of it will be SMOOTH. And client updates can be ass, but just taking your time and releasing update by 2020 will be fine, at least keep us updated and give us hope. We've spent years on this mod, just as valuable as your time.

Just give up on your childish tactics that whether you asked for DL or not, just include it with the new update. You know there's no way to end something when you upload it to the internet...

Okay I think you should show Kalcor some respect, no one in here is obviously not in the position to impose stuff to be developed nor tell Kye what he can or should do of his mod, we're all here ASKING respectfully for stuffs of our common interest, so please, don't be a dick, Kalcor did a lot for this mod and community even though not everyone knows how to say thank you for that.

I Am thankful for every chunk of letter and number this forum has ever printed on my screen may god bring peace and blessing upon the creator and his legacy shall remain in our chunks of memories.

AMEN

Quote:
View Post
How many of you requesting DL actually post in the DL section? It can go weeks in there without a single post.

I’m part of this problem for sure. Here is some issues at the top of my head (if you are still looking for 0.3dl feedback)

Opcode 0xC000005 (might miss some 0’s). Seems to occur whenever a large model (or many models I assume with large poly counts) are spawned in. This is the only “game breaking” issue I’ve encountered on a server created solely on custom models. Happens often when running at 2000 objects

Not related to SA-MP entirely but rendering collision with kdff is sometimes clunky. If you render a building with an interior (I’ve tried this with normal houses, apartment complexes, castles, ...) it will generate invisible collisions at doors or similar areas which causes the interiors to be blocked off and render them unusable. This is still solveable tho, by not relying on kdff for collisions.

There’s a bug with virtualworlds / interiors. If you don’t have the DL function that processes models (cant recite it by head - check my latest help thread) and people switch ints/vws their packets get cancelled and they will be desynced. Their markers are still synced but their ped wont be visible to other users.

Large amounts of objects and models crash people. The opcode I mentioned earlier has to do with this too. However back in 0.37 I ran a server with more objects and labels than my 0.3dl server and had no issues there.

I used to have a large file with a lot of issues and solutions. I might look for it if this gets anywhere

The community is what really matters

I decided today to bring back my server from the dead, because I know SA-MP doesn't have much time left. Bringing back as many old players as possible is my goal, as much as I would love to see SA-MP alive again; this game is 15 years old, many people have moved onto other newer games.

If you want to know what is really worth it, it's your community. It doesn't matter where we play together, as long as we are together, that's really all that matters.

Do what you love.Make the best possible.
I'm in China and the number of players is getting smaller.
No developer is even willing to pay for it.
But I still decided to invest in the community, just because I love this game and samp.
So if you think it's worth it, then it's worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaze
View Post
The community is what really matters.
I agree with this 100%.

The best server I ever played on was The Godfather (on sa-mp 0.1/0.2) 2006/2007. It's not possible to bring it back because the players scattered after the server shut down.

I can't go back and play any of the games I played before I got involved with GTA multiplayer because the players have left and the servers are empty.

Multiplayer games die because the players move on.

I kinda resent people pointing the finger at me because sa-mp's player numbers have been going down since 0.3e/0.3x. So 0.3z and 0.3.7 didn't stop the decline.

Here are some screens of the first and the best GTA role play server, The Godfather (July 2007). Technically, there were some attempts at role play servers on MTA:VC, but MTA had a fixed TDM game mode. The author of the Godfather script credits pen1ls. The ls-rp script was also started from pen1ls. The essence of every sa-mp role play server was there in The Godfather.