Is it still worth it?

It's a bad way and pointless
Devs want fixes, not just update to update for no reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
I never asked if anyone wanted DL. I said DL wasn't ready for release.
And what prevents it from finalizing? Everyone needs it, it was even stated by large servers. Why are you not interested in the opinion of large servers?

You just need to improve 0.3DL and combine it with 0.3.7 with updated addresses and packet IDs.

Kalcor,

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=670168

Check this, it's really important

You're causing a massive headache guys. Don't be surprised when this thread disappears, and that will happen, and we know the reason.

If you make a new update (using 0.3.DL features) please make a function to disable sea waves sounds and fix melee and pickups outside san andreas map (+/-4096). Edit sea water levels would be good too.

How many of you requesting DL actually post in the DL section? It can go weeks in there without a single post.

Part of the problem with DL is it's so slow to get feedback.

But what feedback particularly do you wish to get?

From my point of view, 0.3.DL is working fine and players enjoy the new features, that were made possible thanks to 0.3.DL. We experienced basically no issues on our 0.3.DL server whatsoever, except that one player who couldn't download the models (1 player out of ~8000 players). If you wish, I can find out more info regarding this issue from the player.

Quote:
View Post
How many of you requesting DL actually post in the DL section? It can go weeks in there without a single post.

If you're up to do further updates with DL, I might switch my server on it.
Always wanted to, but DL was never posted as a legit version but as in development, that made me (and probably others) to stop moving forward there as things are still being 'developed'. There's plenty stuff you can still improve to SAMP client and server side.
I honestly got into modding and I was actually building stuff to share in this forums but the "negative" feedback and you being away from the SA-MP itself made it look just like it was nothing. I'm not calling it nothing, that's a big update and I totally respect the work you and the rest of samp team did, but keep it updated man. It worth.

Ain't nobody knows what do you do. And most of people here think that you left until you said that yourself that you were done. But you being a little bit more around this forum and looking forward to what server developers want would be way much better and might get this mod how it was before. I know there's plenty bullshit server coming and you'd say that you will focus more in what has been in samp for years like those big servers. But those big servers started all from 0, just like this new ones.

DL is lit, but most of players (in my server) got bored of it because of the download, it takes a while to play, and the two versions split wasn't a good idea. People actually have to install and reinstall SAMP every time they wanted to play a cool server, you know people do play LS-RP a lot, but they do play HZGaming as well. So now look at it, I need to install SAMP DL version to play LS-RP, but if I want to go back to HZ i will have to download 0.3.7 again.
A possibility to play both versions using one client version would be LIT.

Simple question
Will you make 0.3.9 with new functions if all russian servers will move to DL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3Pedro
View Post
DL is lit, but most of players (in my server) got bored of it because of the download
1. Too many or too large models, which make downloading slow? The more doesn't always mean the better.
2. The features custom models are being used for don't bring enough fun to players? I know about a server, which uses DL only to add some new large maps. But from player's point of view, what is such a new map good for? For how long it will bring fun to them? They'll most likely see it once, say "nice" (or "lame"), and that's all, that map will be empty most of the time.
3. The custom models/skins don't suit the server? Some server owners apparently don't have judgement and I have seen very weird skins/models that simply don't suit GTA servers in my opinion.

OK.. I started playing this when I was 11. I learned to do scripts and many other things thanks to SA:MP. I became a programmer and I live from that nowadays.

I really miss the times I played SA:MP, The first time I read that Kalcor is left I went in panic, then I continue reading and feeled more relax. Lol.

I'm going to do my server again from scratch but this time I'll made it open source, I think the potential of SA:MP is bigger than we think. I don't think GTA:SA is going to die soon, Rockstar Games released a Launcher with a free version of the game to promote it, so... in some way it means it stills worth it.

By now, I have the power to do massive ads about the game for younger people, and even, for the older ones. I developed some Android Apps that are very popular in youger humans and I've published a photo of my older SA:MP server in my personal fanpage the other day and lots of people asked me for the IP address and the download link for SA:MP/GTA:SA.

I think that SA:MP can still live for many years, it just need a marketing campaign and a more motivated Kalcor (lol).

Also, I think what we need to do a campaign against cheaters.
Kalcor there was many time since I played this but, reading some posts in this thread, you said that the problem of SA:MP are the cheaters, in that case... there are many cheat fixes in other games, for example, Halo Custom Edition has a mod with a totally working anti-aimbot (I think it works by detecting the camera position and other stuff, not sure). Maybe you can take some of those ideas from other game mods to improve the security of SA:MP.

But if you think SA:MP doesn't worth it, there's nothing to do, because you is all SA:MP has.

And another thing... just curious:
Giving you the GTA:SA engine source code would help in something? (and if yes... how? what's the impact it would have 0-100?)

Regards,
Rick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCe
View Post
3. The custom models/skins don't suit the server? Some server owners apparently don't have judgement and I have seen very weird skins/models that simply don't suit GTA servers in my opinion.
I'm into this. Even when I had my server in DL I was actually more into re-texturing current GTA Skins instead of adding brand new. I like to keep the game what it is.

But yea, there's not too many DL servers in the hosted tab list, and the DL version was removed from sa-mp.com page. That got me confused.

Kalcor,

What are your fondest memories of SA:MP? Do you have some other older screenshots to share?

It's amazing how much I didn't know about SA:MP's history despite being on this mod for hundreds of hours a week in the early '07, and these forums shortly after, for years. There were some really great memories and the community was in a really stable place. It's sad seeing how outlandish people are behaving...especially with recent developments with some long time members.

The days when the official tab just got released. Area 51/Takeover server, Vahalla Gaming, Partyserver, NoV server, and so many other great communities. If anyone has a screen shot of the official list from those times, I'd love to see it.

Quote:
View Post

I have seen overwhelmingly more amount of people want dl, than ones that oppose it. And slow feedback? Really? People have been waiting for dl to be the main version. 0.3.8 got cut and im sure people got weary of updating to something that may never happen. So that is why there is a issue with slow feedback/adoption. (That is why i have yet to update to dl)

I can almost guarantee if you would make a poll to allow the community as a whole to vote on if dl should move forward and be the main version, that a huge majority would vote for dl.

Kalkor, all players / developers are waiting for any action you. But you continue discussions after which you will disappear again. You actually ignored messages from Albert. Hundreds of people are waiting for SAMP updates more than their birthday. Do you really care so much about your audience with which you worked for more than 10 years?

Make at least part of the requests of the players, find the strength to thank your community for their dedication to the game. And you will see that you were deeply mistaken in " leaving the buildings."

(sorry for my English)

Quote:
View Post

Why should we have to post, if everything is working good? Also, we have stated multiple times we want to see 0.3DL get merged with 0.3.7 as the main branch, since then people will actually also go to that version.

Most server owners are not going to switch to 0.3DL, since it's not 'fully' released, and it doesn't even exists on the download section of the website.

Quote:
View Post

Actually I think DL brings something new to SAMP in which people didn't have enough time to explore it while it was official (0.3.8.), not everyone (most part of people in here actually) doesn't know about how to do custom models in blender so we (I include myself on it) were just quiet trying to learn something before 0.3.8 was out officially, although I think it would be a thing that you'd see the feed back growing more and more back in the days if it was not forked in 0. 3DL,.

Now I sincerely see that the community wants 0.3DL on their servers and on the main branch but they just didn't upgrade to DL because it's not official, they loose players if they do, so it's something like an infinite loop: you want people's interest and feedback regarding 0.3DL but they want it to be official to do so.

If you'd give the community some time before splitting the branches you would probably see the community getting involved with that new update. Many developers still want it (I confess that Im just waiting for it to happen to release my project source code and maintain it for people to have fun) , what you have to lose bringing it back to the main branch again?

If I could ask you something it would be: bring it back again to the main branch and update samp internal stuff to break down cheats for a while so people can enjoy the holiday having fun with something new and safe from stupid cheaters.

Hey Kalcor.

Unlike others, I would like to give you a break and tell you that I share your vision of server-side only servers.
I know you care about the community but don't have the time or inspiration to continue this ancient project that no longer matches your interests.

So what I am asking of you might be selfish and insulting, but please understand that my intentions are pure.

What I am asking from you is to open dialog with Y_Lеss.

I do not know your relationship, but what I know is that that person with their work helped shape what SA:MP is today.

I am suggesting to try to work past your differences and come to a deal. I for a fact know that both of you share the same vision of "server-side only" servers. That person is the only person with passion for this mod and you would be able to leave SA:MP in good hands, while still being the owner.

Please don't disregard it. Give it a thought or two. Please. This might be our last straw for a healthy SA:MP development going forward.

I fully support BloodMaster, Y_Lеss and really interested in the further development of the multiplayer.