Why servers leave a 0.3.DL?

Hi,
servers on 0.3.DL rapidly decreased.
I want to ask, mainly the server owners who had the server at 0.3.DL and returned to 0.3.7. Why did they leave? Kalcor said he wanted to see 0.3.DL support by server owner's. I moved my server to 0.3.DL.

I guess because the download for 0.3.7 is still at the top of the downloads page. People were expecting the next version to be released sooner or making 0.3 DL essentially official after doing a final security audit and small optimization. But it's been years and the only thing changed was 0.3 DL was added to downloads page but at the bottom which most users will miss seeing.

So they're just chasing the players.

Less players

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3shys
View Post
I guess because the download for 0.3.7 is still at the top of the downloads page. People were expecting the next version to be released sooner or making 0.3 DL essentially official after doing a final security audit and small optimization. But it's been years and the only thing changed was 0.3 DL was added to downloads page but at the bottom which most users will miss seeing.

So they're just chasing the players.
THATS IT

Reason is that 0.3DL is great because it supports custom models and skins. For servers not using the feature, its useless to stay in 0.3DL. Moreover, they see that 0.3.7 is still getting updated to this date and 0.3DL is same as last 0.3.8 RC4 update..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATomas
View Post
Hi,
servers on 0.3.DL rapidly decreased.
Decreased from what to what? There were around 130 servers on the list last year, now there are 150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
Decreased from what to what? There were around 130 servers on the list last year, now there are 150.
When 0.3.DL was released, I saw more servers there than I see today. (I didn't count how many servers were there at release).

Because 0.3.7 in the download page. Players are downloading version 0.3.7 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admireal
View Post
Because 0.3.7 in the download page. Players are downloading version 0.3.7 .
0.3DL is also on the download page. The problem is that the majority of players don't look at the download page or the latest versions. They see that their favorite server has updated to SA:MP version X and then update their client, when the majority of the bigger servers aren't updating to current version of 0.3.DL (and they have valid reasons to not do so and it's still a 'beta' version) the majority of the players isn't going to update either and they will never notice your server running on 0.3.DL

0.3.DL splits the community, that's why a lot of people are asking to merge the DL functionality to the main branch of SA:MP (and fix the issues that are still in the DL version of SA:MP). Then the split community will be merges as wel, and everyone can use the DL features if they want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez
View Post
0.3DL is also on the download page. The problem is that the majority of players don't look at the download page or the latest versions. They see that their favorite server has updated to SA:MP version X and then update their client, when the majority of the bigger servers aren't updating to current version of 0.3.DL (and they have valid reasons to not do so and it's still a 'beta' version) the majority of the players isn't going to update either and they will never notice your server running on 0.3.DL

0.3.DL splits the community, that's why a lot of people are asking to merge the DL functionality to the main branch of SA:MP (and fix the issues that are still in the DL version of SA:MP). Then the split community will be merges as wel, and everyone can use the DL features if they want to.
0.3 DL is at the bottom and easily missed. Users will just download the first thing they see and actually assume anything below is more out of date. That's just how users work. Many players are returning with their favourite servers from the day gone so they're just downloading what they see first.