What is your opinion on this subject?

From the beginning I want to apologize for my grammar, English is not my native language.

A leader makes the members of his team feel involved and not step aside, so that everyone understands that through his work, he contributes to the success of a project. I have no claims regarding the work that Kalcor has done, he did a good job.

SA:MP has changed lot since I started playing (and I will only be talking about SA:MP after that point in time), but it could be more if the members of the community, down to every player and server owner/developer would be implicated, through a communication between the development team and us.
Kalcor, your problem is that you ask for feedback from us, but you don't really care about it, at least it looks that way. You rarely communicate with us, and when you do, you do it with a small number of people, privately. Why don't you do it publicly? There would be so many questions and complaints..
I appreciate your style of being a leader, you really take care of the community (even if many don't notice), but I'm sure you can do more for it. I don't know what you're doing IRL beside SA:MP and maybe you don't have enough time for SA:MP, but try to understand us, we appreciate when you are active on forum, when you tell us what are you going to do and what we can do to help you and SA:MP. The community has had and has many members who could help developing of this project (including beta-testers). That's what many of us are trying to tell you, think about it.
So, let's see what the owners of the SA:MP servers and others can say about this factor, I hope you Kalcor, will answer too.

This is not a topic about the things that happened recently, there is already one, this is about what will happen in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0K3D
View Post
From the beginning I want to apologize for my grammar, English is not my native language.

A leader makes members of his team feel involved and do not step aside, so that everyone understands that through his work contributes to the success of a project. I have no claims for the work that Kalcor has done, he did a good job.

SA:MP has changed lot since I started playing (i can`t say nothing about SA:MP before that), but it could be changed a lot more if this community members would have been implicated.
Kalcor, your problem is that you ask for feedback from us, but you don't really care about it, at least it looks that way. You rarely communicate with us or u do it in private mode. Why don't you do it public? There would be so many questions and complaints..

I appreciate your style of being a leader, you really take care about the community (even if many don`t observe), and I'm sure you can do more for it. I don`t know what are you doing in real-life beside SA:MP and maybe u don`t have enought time for SA:MP, but try to understand us, we appreciate when you are active on forum, when you tell us what are you going to do, what we can do to help you and SA:MP.
The community had/has many members who could help developing of this project (including beta-testers). That's what many of us are trying to tell you, think about it.
So, let's see what the owners of the SA:MP servers and others can say about this factor, I hope you Kalcor, will answer too.

This is not an topic about things that happened recently, there is already one.
Try rewriting this in English bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3shys
View Post
What's the meaning of bro, please write in English.

I think the first row is understood by everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0K3D
View Post
I think the first row is understood by everyone.
All I can read is you apologizing for your bad English in the first row. It's fair to say it's being understood by anyone who can actually read because in 2019, people don't read anymore.

Aside from the beef above.

No, there is no "future" for samp because it's obvious Kalcor has lost faith on this project and is not willing to pass it to someone else. Whenever people start talking they get banned and he releases a small update afterwards ( fixing sound of interiors? who even needed this? there are worse bugs out there ) and +50% of the community supports him again, and again and again until there is no one left to do it.

That's how samp dies, there may still be independent communities with an amount of players for a while, and when they shutdown too you'll only be occasionally seeing LAN servers that run just for fun ( well, that if Kalcor doesn't remove the website ).

As I said to someone else I just think everyone is just emotionally high from what sa-mp is capable of honestly. Like look at it and all the talent we have. None of us should be fighting it should be a giant collaboration of great minds to truly make something special. So I totally get the spell Open.mp puts on people. But understand it is a spell.

Go to their discord and do ctrl + f n word. How many pages of results do you get?

Look at them spam this forum but not the MTA forums, why is that?

They want an open and more adventurous mod but they don’t for once consider MTA.

SA-MP is where the numbers and attention is at point blank period. They’re making it backwards compatible for sa-mp alone for just that reason. Y Less was a full blown dev for sa-mp at one point and worked on YSF the entire time. As a dev on LS-RP he installed YSI and left. He’s a talented man but his heart has never been with the game itself, just the compiler. And there is nothing wrong with that, he’s done an extremely amazing job at that.

He’s single handsdly repaired most natives through the script, answered countless of reports questions and comments about the compiler. No one will ever love the true grit of what makes sa-mp scripts quite like Y Less. If you’ve seen my past comments you will find nothing but praise for yless even tho him and I barely even spoke. He also provided a fun ass game mode to test objects for the first time on 0.2.

MTA and SA-MP (y less included) took over a decade to not only create but to perfect. It’s a shame YLess and his crew want to go back to step 1 but if they do then I applaud them. I’m eager to see what they’ll produce myself. San Andreas is a beautiful game.

In terms of sa-mp I do agree in more open dialogue. There are people who legitimately care about sa-mp that have never gotten as much attention as stupid trolls. That hurts and it’s really not cool to see from the sidelines. While at the same time I get the other side. Maybe that is why people act dumb, it’s the only way they’ll get attention?

I’m sure Kye has his reasons but we all truly got to do better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian
View Post
As I said to someone else I just think everyone is just emotionally high from what sa-mp is capable of honestly. Like look at it and all the talent we have. None of us should be fighting it should be a giant collaboration of great minds to truly make something special. So I totally get the spell Open.mp puts on people. But understand it is a spell.

Go to their discord and do ctrl + f n word. How many pages of results do you get?

Look at them spam this forum but not the MTA forums, why is that?

They want an open and more adventurous mod but they don’t for once consider MTA.

SA-MP is where the numbers and attention is at point blank period. They’re making it backwards compatible for sa-mp alone for just that reason. Y Less was a full blown dev for sa-mp at one point and worked on YSF the entire time. As a dev on LS-RP he installed YSI and left. He’s a talented man but his heart has never been with the game itself, just the compiler. And there is nothing wrong with that, he’s done an extremely amazing job at that.

He’s single handsdly repaired most natives through the script, answered countless of reports questions and comments about the compiler. No one will ever love the true grit of what makes sa-mp scripts quite like Y Less. If you’ve seen my past comments you will find nothing but praise for yless even tho him and I barely even spoke. He also provided a fun ass game mode to test objects for the first time on 0.2.

MTA and SA-MP (y less included) took over a decade to not only create but to perfect. It’s a shame YLess and his crew want to go back to step 1 but if they do then I applaud them. I’m eager to see what they’ll produce myself. San Andreas is a beautiful game.

In terms of sa-mp I do agree in more open dialogue. There are people who legitimately care about sa-mp that have never gotten as much attention as stupid trolls. That hurts and it’s really not cool to see from the sidelines. While at the same time I get the other side. Maybe that is why people act dumb, it’s the only way they’ll get attention?

I’m sure Kye has his reasons but we all truly got to do better.
With better communication between us the community and the mod developers, we will surely do that.
I can finally be optimistic about an update and I really want an official announcement to just to feel motivated.

So communication and more frequent updates is all we need, I am probably asking for a lot..

Quote:
View Post
Welcome to the Internet. Are you new here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by __
View Post
Opinions aren’t allowed on the internet anyomore?

Quote:
View Post
Opinions aren’t allowed on the internet anyomore?
I don't understand what your opinion is, this is pretty common language on the Internet. Not saying it's right, but it's not bad behaviour that is exclusive to that Discord community.

I wonder how many results of that you'd over the years from the old SA-MP IRC. Probably a metric fucktonne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __
View Post
I don't understand what your opinion is, this is pretty common language on the Internet. Not saying it's right, but it's not bad behaviour that is exclusive to that Discord community.

I wonder how many results of that you'd over the years from the old SA-MP IRC. Probably a metric fucktonne.
Alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __
View Post
I'm guessing the top sites you frequent:
  1. 4chan
  2. 8chan
  3. 64chan
  4. Cx Network
The N word is widespread amongst SAMP but not on any big community on the internet.

Quote:
View Post
  1. 4chan
  2. 8chan
  3. 64chan
  4. Cx Network
The N word is widespread amongst SAMP but not on any big community on the internet.
have to agree here, SA-MP is the only community where I see the frequent usage of it tbh

My point is I’m telling people to generally look around at their “leadership” and how they’re behaving. Y Less himself had to publicly ask you all to stop insulting people. Now you add on casual bigotry amongst the leadership, you’re not really as inviting as a community as you make yourself out to be.

Quote:
View Post
My point is I’m telling people to generally look around at their “leadership” and how they’re behaving. Y Less himself had to publicly ask you all to stop insulting people. Now you add on casual bigotry amongst the leadership, you’re not really as inviting as a community as you make yourself out to be.
Your supreme overlord Kalcor was just saying that you can't blame him for the toxicity in the community, but you're trying to shift the blame when there are a few voices spouting nonsense which aren't leadership.

Also how can you complain about bigotry if you're banning people for "retardation"? Isn't that also hypocritical?

Quote:
View Post
  1. 4chan
  2. 8chan
  3. 64chan
  4. Cx Network
I've heard of one of those sites and I've probably spent less than 15 minutes on it in my life.

Also never said it was right, but it's hardly something exclusive to the Discord. It's SAMP overall.

Quote:
View Post
  1. 4chan
  2. 8chan
  3. 64chan
  4. Cx Network
you should go introduce yourself to great outdoors rather than crying about n word usage in samp lol
Do you realize what gta sa singleplayer story line is about? what time and space based? where this all influence may come from?
pretty much that is the least thing what matters...

what more matters is your discriminate
Quote:
View Post
This guys whole thing wasn't even that badly written and if you can't understand shit from it than learn yourself god damn English.

The "discord of SA-MP" is known for a place of trolls, toxic people. I would never call it something "official" since it's run by some users who in fact are banned from this forum at the moment but are 'owners' of that discord.

OP, I don't really know what more you could wish for. There were some attacks reported on servers, and Kalcor immediately made a fix - https://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php...2&postcount=58 What more could you ask for? Server-owners have to be creative as I said and update their servers to raise their player-base. There are tons of unused features in this Multiplayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshishtof
View Post
The "discord of SA-MP" is known for a place of trolls, toxic people. I would never call it something "official" since it's run by some users who in fact are banned from this forum at the moment but are 'owners' of that discord.

OP, I don't really know what more you could wish for. There were some attacks reported on servers, and Kalcor immediately made a fix - https://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php...2&postcount=58 What more could you ask for? Server-owners have to be creative as I said and update their servers to raise their player-base. There are tons of unused features in this Multiplayer.
Please, explain why you believe the Discord is so toxic? Because people are allowed to post random things and chat how they want? This is the internet (I hate when people say this, but that's it, you're on the internet what the fuck do you expect). I own the Discord. It was never meant to be an "official" chat either, it's literally called the UNOFFICIAL SA-MP Discord. It says so on the front welcome page and everywhere else. You're the only one calling it official. The people there are just trying to have fun, help each other out, and be productive. They do and they are. It's honestly a great place for everyone, from the beginner level up you fit it just like on here. The people running it are people that do things for everyone, release extremely helpful tools and help when they can.