What is your opinion on this subject?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian
View Post
As I said to someone else I just think everyone is just emotionally high from what sa-mp is capable of honestly. Like look at it and all the talent we have. None of us should be fighting it should be a giant collaboration of great minds to truly make something special. So I totally get the spell Open.mp puts on people. But understand it is a spell.

Go to their discord and do ctrl + f n word. How many pages of results do you get?

Look at them spam this forum but not the MTA forums, why is that?

They want an open and more adventurous mod but they don’t for once consider MTA.

SA-MP is where the numbers and attention is at point blank period. They’re making it backwards compatible for sa-mp alone for just that reason. Y Less was a full blown dev for sa-mp at one point and worked on YSF the entire time. As a dev on LS-RP he installed YSI and left. He’s a talented man but his heart has never been with the game itself, just the compiler. And there is nothing wrong with that, he’s done an extremely amazing job at that.

He’s single handsdly repaired most natives through the script, answered countless of reports questions and comments about the compiler. No one will ever love the true grit of what makes sa-mp scripts quite like Y Less. If you’ve seen my past comments you will find nothing but praise for yless even tho him and I barely even spoke. He also provided a fun ass game mode to test objects for the first time on 0.2.

MTA and SA-MP (y less included) took over a decade to not only create but to perfect. It’s a shame YLess and his crew want to go back to step 1 but if they do then I applaud them. I’m eager to see what they’ll produce myself. San Andreas is a beautiful game.

In terms of sa-mp I do agree in more open dialogue. There are people who legitimately care about sa-mp that have never gotten as much attention as stupid trolls. That hurts and it’s really not cool to see from the sidelines. While at the same time I get the other side. Maybe that is why people act dumb, it’s the only way they’ll get attention?

I’m sure Kye has his reasons but we all truly got to do better.
With better communication between us the community and the mod developers, we will surely do that.
I can finally be optimistic about an update and I really want an official announcement to just to feel motivated.

So communication and more frequent updates is all we need, I am probably asking for a lot..

Messages In This Thread