Plans for a server build for ARM (aka Raspberry Pi)

Yes, i know it was requested so many times, but most of the posts i found were from before 2016, when Raspberry Pi was pretty unstable for medium projects.

But for now (Pi 3b+) things changed: most of the people making projects like this (bots, servers for some games) use Raspberry to run stuff, mainly people who dont want to depend/pay for a 3rd party to host your server.

Plus i think support for Raspberry Pi would be a new breath for SA:MP, allowing new folks to host small servers at home, with no hassle (like i said below).

So, is there any plans by the devs to release a build of SA-MP for ARM?

It will pretty much never have an ARM branch.

Why wouldn't you just use your main PC - Windows? This game is different to Minecraft or anything, hardly any RAM or CPU is used by the server, it's optimised and built for 2005.

The real issue and common ground is you'd be using your own network. Pretty easy to DDOS. As servers get bigger you do need the protection offered at a network level by the big providers like OVH.

None. All the server hosts use x86.

This is a windows game so if you don't have a VPS/dedicated server you can run the server alongside the game. They're both lightweight by modern standards.

I think there are some single board computers that would be compatible with x86 but I think a lot of these are Ј60 upwards and the price for the use case is just silly imo.

Would be cool to see RPI support, but with the current rate of development it's highly unlikely and a very low priority I would imagine.

Quote:

None. All the server hosts use x86.

Really?

Quote:

This is a windows game so if you don't have a VPS/dedicated server you can run the server alongside the game. They're both lightweight by modern standards.

Keeping a desktop online 24/7, really? We are approaching 2020's this mindset was way back 2000s, most folks who want to make a small server relies on ARM SOCs to run it, mostly because of small power comsumption.