Why were Y_Less and TommyB removed from the beta team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
Whatever dude. Give me a game with client side scripting I'd find a buffer overflow in 2 days and be ready to wipe peoples hard drives.
Kalcor, how does this solve the doubt and the issues that are going on in the community right now? What's actually keeping you from giving us something to go on?

I really don't want to say this but what Y_Less wrote is slowly being verified by what you're doing. I spoke to Damian about it earlier. It's very difficult to keep faith in this mod when you don't really take the people who are genuinely passionate about it serious.

Quote:
View Post
Whatever dude. Give me a game with client side scripting I'd find a buffer overflow in 2 days and be ready to wipe peoples hard drives.
This makes me remind of bartekdvd's script that use textDraw buffer overflow OVER SERVER-SIDE SCRIPTING in SAMP to write ASM instructions on the client PC, it's not a exclusivity of client-side scripting as you're saying. Anyways, you can try it on any GTA V mods that provides client-side scripting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer
View Post
I had nothing to say on it, I'm not asking you to fend off attackers, a proper abuse team could have been formed. Would you let Crazybob's or LS-RP replicas on the hosted list? My unique work, ideas, my effort, was copied and I could do nothing about it. As if that wasn't enough, those fuckers were ramping over my playerbase because their servers weren't crashing like mine did. What could I do? Please tell me.
No, but I've played on those servers and can easily identify clones. For other servers it's harder. I need to be sent screenshots of both. But you could do it yourself by complaining to the host.

Kalcor, are you planning to release the sa-mp update soon? What are we even waiting for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSide56
View Post
Kalcor, are you planning to release the sa-mp update soon? What are we even waiting for?
If you guys stop asking the same question everyday it might happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazon
View Post
If you guys stop asking the same question everyday it might happen.
The waiting is limitless. People ask questions again because they don't get an answer. And when they are constantly ignored, they get angry and do nasty things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSide56
View Post
The waiting is limitless. People ask questions again because they don't get an answer. And when they are constantly ignored, they get angry and do nasty things.
Yes, for example they do open.mp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riwerry
View Post
Yes, for example they do open.mp
genius

This mod got started by me being fed up with the MTA devs. But I didn't try to sabotage them, I didn't copy them. I decided to plot my own path and see where it would lead. And here we are.

Quote:
View Post
I decided to plot my own path and see where it would lead. And here we are.
did you just said it's over?

Quote:
View Post
People made an exact replica of my server (my script was never leaked but their servers were the exact same thing as mine) two servers copied my work and tried to show it as if its was theirs. They used a map stealing script to copy my unique maps to their own servers, they used SA-MP exploits to crash my players.

I had nothing to say on it, I'm not asking you to fend off attackers, a proper abuse team could have been formed. Would you let Crazybob's or LS-RP replicas on the hosted list? My unique work, ideas, my effort, was copied and I could do nothing about it. As if that wasn't enough, those fuckers were ramping over my playerbase because their servers weren't crashing like mine did. What could I do? Please tell me.

There were ******* videos of people hacking and testing hacks on my server, those people were also copying my server.
You know those servers are fake when they calls their server "SWAT VS TERRORISTS" but yet use army skin for SWAT team, stole avttdm maps using illegal tools, completely ripped of your scripts, textdraws etc.

I faced the samp problem as you. Crashers attacking me in the past. Now people like Lean who cannot even create their own server logo stealing logo from my website, completely ripped off my old forum theme, copying my forum post word by word, stole my custom maps using illegal tools, writing fake reviews. Not only that he is stealing multiple things from multiple differnt tdm servers and sadly there is nothing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorW
View Post
did you just said it's over?
If it were over, an update wouldn't have been released a few minutes ago: https://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.p...02#post4094602

Yeah, we are there where almost of these user is banned for slander of SA-MP...Where we are now ? I will asking you... What are you proving ? What do you want or what else... We are asked you a few question and you didnt answered on it. WHY? What are you be afraid of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangV10
View Post
If it were over, an update wouldn't have been released a few minutes ago: https://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.p...02#post4094602

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeshadow
View Post
You know those servers are fake when they calls their server "SWAT VS TERRORISTS" but yet use army skin for SWAT team, stole avttdm maps using illegal tools, completely ripped of your scripts, textdraws etc.

I faced the samp problem as you. Crashers attacking me in the past. Now people like Lean who cannot even create their own server logo stealing logo from my website, completely ripped off my old forum theme, copying my forum post word by word, stole my custom maps using illegal tools, writing fake reviews. Not only that he is stealing multiple things from multiple differnt tdm servers and sadly there is nothing to do.
I don't know if your server is still running (I guess it isn't up anymore) but I know you were a fair guy because we never had conflicts between our servers. You had your own path and so did I, you have my credit for that. I feel for you, people like those guys ruined our work and sadly nobody was there to help us. It's a shame.

Quote:
View Post
The technique is called heuristics. You get samples of normal player data by collecting statistics during normal play, then you flag players who go outside normal statistical boundries.
Interesting approach. some notes to your answer here.
- Are you assuming that every server would basically implement an "AI" to work as an anti-cheat? omegalul. That's simply too much of work and even after doing so. Cheaters will simply toggle their cheats to beat.

- No matter what you do. some players will be way below average and some players will be way above average without using cheats.

- No matter how good the server-side code is. There are limitations that cannot be beaten no matter how good the developer is.

I'm a complete scrub to programming, never invested enough effort into it I even ran away from being a programmer for a more stable career where I wouldn't be stressed to death by looking for possible solutions to a problem or simply implementing that solution I've in mind.

What Y_Less did wasn't exactly by the book. but let's face it.
I've used this mod for almost 10 years now (if not more) and haven't seen any drastic update since I've started.

edit: I also agree with Tamer.
I hosted a couple of servers on hosted tab.

The most challenging part was finding decent staff. Most of the time the most experienced staff members in my team were me and my co-manager and even getting people banned wasn't enough. They would change ip, pick another name and viola. back at it.

We're getting so much communication done!

Quote:
View Post
I don't know if your server is still running (I guess it isn't up anymore) but I know you were a fair guy because we never had conflicts between our servers. You had your own path and so did I, you have my credit for that. I feel for you, people like those guys ruined our work and sadly nobody was there to help us. It's a shame.
It is still running but I had some issue in my life around early 2018. After that I stopped paying for hosted tab and not giving it any attention so player based died slowly. There are still good amount of players on my forum who want me to revive it but I am carrying a heavy pain that I never put down.

I think this thread is going to be deleted because everyone in the beta section just wants to put this event behind them