Why were Y_Less and TommyB removed from the beta team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReyoDahBoss
View Post
I think you know this, as soon as you flush out those updates this fiasco goes under the rug. Let's get consistent for once so we can avoid future mutinies, maybe CrazyBob (someone that you trust I hope) can be the new mediator and communicate with the interests of the community. Else by giving more attention to shitposters, more people are swayed away.
Crazybob is not active on his own server and hasn't been for over a year and same goes for IRC.

I feel the necessity to point out that open.mp started more than a year ago, when everybody was dissatisfied with the DL split-off. That was even before Y_Less was reintroduced into the beta team, but a year ago, nobody expected that, and nobody believed things would change on their own. Granted he might have revealed the details of the project to you when you made him beta tester again, but what would you do, had that happened?

SA-MP isn't a democracy. I go mostly by stats. An idea can seem really good, but then for reasons nobody ever understands, the player numbers go down. Because the player numbers went flat between 0.3x and 0.3z, I have to question whether the changes made there were actually good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllidanS4
View Post
Granted he might have revealed the details of the project to you when you made him beta tester again, but what would you do, had that happened?
The important thing would have been to keep him out of the team, and not discuss anything with him. If they're desperate to make something that's compatible with sa-mp, they'll end up including all of sa-mp's files, like RW:MP did. And that's a pretty blatant copyright violation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
I can't give a definite answer on a merger yet.
The only reason why Russian servers won't update to 0.3DL is because they want to avoid losing their playerbase and therefore money from moving to a development branch. In other words, Russian servers are waiting until someone updates to 0.3DL and see how they'll do. They all would have updated if 0.3.8 had not been cancelled

Quote:
View Post
Everything said in the beta section is just speculation; to find the path forward. I can't give a definite answer on a merger yet.
The SA-MP community Just wants to know about the future of the mod. The people on this forum are interested in the development, new features and bug fixes for problems that are public knowledge for ages. When there's no indication of possible updates people start to speculate whether or not the mod will actually receive any updates, if the merger between DL and the main branch wil happen and if the developers are still interested to work on the mod. Now a new project emerges and you can't blame anyone here to be slightly interested to see what they are going to do. Especially since there are no (public) plans or roadmaps for future updates on SA-MP. I've been around this community for ages, despite posting much myself I do keep up with what's going on. There was this joke ones that stated "oh a year has passed, new SA-MP update soon!", But that joke turned into an annoyance among the community, people just want to know the plans and if there are none? That's fine but let the people know, then they can decide amongst themselves if they want to move forward or keep working on their stuff here. For a community that followed your work for ages, did tons of effort to make it even better with gamemodes, includes, plugins and providing help where needed. The least thing you can do is post your plans for the future, no need for release dates and development logs every week, just your plans and an estimation when you're planning to do things. That would help the community, else I wouldn't be surprised if people move on.

Quote:
View Post
I could have deleted this thread any time I wanted. But toxic people are exposing themselves.
It is pretty juicy to digest.

Kalcor, all you have to do is merge the two branches as they are and then include an (optional but enabled by default) auto-updater that's prompt based and can be disabled through the settings. That way, there is no migration issue between new releases and no excuses (reasons) for playerbases or owners not wanting to move in unison with iterative releases. It is not rocket science, stop complicating things unnecessarily.

Y Less has no ethics or moral compass and has acted in a satanic manner by concealing a huge conflict of interest. TommyB has been complicit. Y Less has then proceeded to release extremely political statements which contradicts itself a few paragraphs down, by stating multiple times "I am not making a rival to SA:MP" and "I am not trying to split the community".

It is also interesting to note this discussion has been linked on the LSRP forums and has been banished to the shadow realm which is not usual for their community (they lock not delete). It is indicative towards signs of collusion. More on Channel 6 news at 6 o'clock.

Quote:
View Post
The important thing would have been to keep him out of the team, and not discuss anything with him. If they're desperate to make something that's compatible with sa-mp, they'll end up including all of sa-mp's files, like RW:MP did. And that's a pretty blatant copyright violation.
The server doesn't need any SA-MP files in order to be compatible with the client, and that's the plan for now. If you mean server-side scripts or other pieces of code, it was you who stated that you're fine with people using SA-MP sources, as long as they give the proper credits, but that's doesn't relate to open.mp anyway. If you mean client-side files like the custom objects, there are viable alternatives, but that's for the future to get decided.

One way or another, no copyright violation is going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3shys
View Post
TommyB has been complicit.
I'd appreciate it if you didn't toss my name around without actually knowing the facts, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB
View Post
I'd appreciate it if you didn't toss my name around without actually knowing the facts, thank you.
good for you brother.. welcome back <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB
View Post
plot twist

Stay strong Kalcor <3 this community will never let samp to shutdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3shys
View Post
You sounded like sew sumi

If we as the community had better communication with the mod developers and had slightly more frequent updates we wouldn't be here talking about this.

I learned a lot from SA-MP, met lots of people and learned how to manage a server and people. I had lots of fun. I am grateful to Kalcor for that.

My server got 2 million registered users and around a 5K-10K active playerbase during 2012 to 2016. It would be still open if Kalcor managed SA-MP differently. It is a huge failure in that sense.

My server was constantly under attack by people who were jealous of its success, car warpers, hackers, people crashing the server. Lots of people used mods to actually crash and infact freeze player's games/computers, which ruined my playerbase. Other server owners which wanted to promote their own servers tried to destroy my playerbase via illegal methods, I was abused. SA-MP never had a proper abuse system, nobody gave a damn about your server and whether you were being abused or not if it wasn't big as LS-RP and others.

And here we are, my server is closed now. All the effort, all the time I've put there is gone, why? Because this mod was never given the care that it deserved.

And why is that? Kalcor, you're such a closed-box person towards the community, you aren't open. You're playing the "mystery guy" and why is that?

Yearly updates you bring to the platform don't help just because you had to do a hot fix due to bugs or exploits which could not be fixed on the server owner's end. It doesn't help, SA-MP needs constant attention.

I guess around 20% of my playerbase was banned because of hacking. SA-MP is a hackfest, I guess Kalcor likes this fact, otherwise there would be some kind of anti-cheat measure. I wouldn't be forced to use a memory hacking plugin such as weapon-config to prevent hackers from ruining my server otherwise, would I? Why am I forced to be able to prevent a hacker that can send fake death data to my server? Why am I the one who's supposed to add a measure for checking fake deaths under OnPlayerDeath? These are pretty simple measures that could be integrated to the back-end of the mod and no problems would arise. You simply don't care about it.

Even the existence of GPCI and at the same time, the non-existence of it explains a lot. You put such native, but never announce it. It's kept as a secret (It was back then in 2014) SA-MP could have been managed better, here are the results. A dying community.

Sure, Kalcor you've put lots of effort into this mod, but do you really think you've put as much as effort into this as those people who were trying to make your mod better with plugins, includes? In the end, us, the server owners, scripters and the players kept this mod alive. You gave us the tools, we used our imagination and skills to bring it beyond what it could have been. But I feel like you never gave us the proper tools. It doesn't sound fair to me.

Kalcor why you still don't hear your community after so long time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer
View Post
I learned a lot from SA-MP, met lots of people and learned how to manage a server and people. I am grateful to Kalcor for that.

My server got 2 million registered users and around a 5K-10K active playerbase during 2012 to 2016. It would be still open if Kalcor managed SA-MP differently. It is a huge failure in that sense.

My server was constantly under attack from people who were jealous of its success, car warpers, hackers, people crashing the server. Lots of people used mods to actually crash and infact freeze player's games/computers, which ruined my playerbase. Other server owners which wanted to promote their own servers tried to destroy my playerbase via illegal methods, I was abused. SA-MP never had a proper abuse system, nobody gave a damn about your server and whether you were being abused or not if it wasn't big as LS-RP and others.

And here we are, my server is closed now. All the effort, all the time I've put there is gone, why? Because this mod was never given the care that it deserved.

And why is that? Kalcor, you're such a closed-box person towards the community, you aren't open. You're playing the "mystery guy" and why is that?

Yearly updates you bring to the platform don't help just because you had to do a hot fix due to bugs or exploits which could not be fixed on the server owner's end. It doesn't help, SA-MP needs constant attention.

I guess around 20% of my playerbase was banned because of hacking. SA-MP is a hackfest, I guess Kalcor likes this fact, otherwise there would be some kind of anti-cheat measure. I wouldn't be forced to use a memory hacking plugin such as weapon-config to prevent hackers from ruining my server.

Even the existence of GPCI and at the same time, the non-existence of it explains a lot. You put such native, but never announce it. It's kept as a secret (It was back then in 2014) SA-MP could have been managed better, here are the results. A dying community.

Sure, Kalcor you've put lots of effort into this mod, but do you really think you've put as much as effort into this as those people who were trying to make your mod better with plugins, includes? In the end, us, the server owners, scripters and the players kept this mod alive. You gave us the tools, we used our imagination and skills to bring it beyond what it could have been. But I feel like you never gave us the proper tools. It doesn't sound fair to me.
This reply really touched me, it's so sad to see something like that and the saddest part is that it's not the only time it happened. I had similar situations, leading a SAMP server is so stressful for me at least. I am so sorry your project failed for that.
We can now be optimistic about the future since things are changing with this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny32
View Post
This reply really touched me, it's so sad to see something like that and the saddest part is that it's not the only time it happened. I had similar situations, leading a SAMP server is so stressful for me at least. I am so sorry your project failed for that.
We can now be optimistic about the future since things are changing with this situation.
Thank you for your thoughts, managing a server is stressful indeed. However the real stressful part is dealing with things that could be dealt by higher authorities. I can't call my project a failure. It succeeded, but it ended prematurely. I can call it a success, it could have lasted longer but it didn't because of toxic people.

This whole mod is a big experiment. I'm not aware of any games before sa-mp where you could run your own server for 500 people.

The closest thing would be running an IRC leaf connected to a large IRC network. IRC operators do get abused a lot and there's lots of spam to deal with.

I don't think I'm to blame for toxic people. You're asking me to dedicate my life to fending off a constant flow of attacks. Where did I sign up for that? It was only by chance that we gave out the dedicated server and added scripting support.

My thinking was that running a server with more than 100 players probably required more resources than most normal people would have access to. You would have to require registration when joining the server and build a community of trusted players.

We've all had to deal with it.

At least can we hope that a future update is planned or we gonna wait like Half Life 3...