Recommanded specs for SAMP server

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable™
View Post
You are attacking me and yet you didn't add something useful. I will firstly correct you that, you can never have unlimited bandwidth but rather unmetered. Where's the difference?

Your provider doesn't measure your bandwidth and doesn't set a maximum capacity or anything, but you still pay for the bandwidth already. When you get a 100 slots SA-MP server for a month, you pay for the bandwidth needed for having the server up and running for a month having a constant playerbase of 100 players all the day. If you get less players, you pay for more bandwidth than what you actually need. For example, you pay for 100 slots, which needs 1.2TB of bandwidth a month, and you get just 50, you used half the bandwidth.

As for the recommended RAM, are you going to start the server with grand larceny? As hard as you optimize your script, you will still need more RAM. There are plugins like ColAndreas (takes 400MB RAM alone), MySQL (doesn't really take that much unless you have a big playerbase), and FCNPC or any NPC plugin that can even take 1 GB of RAM. That's why I recommended 4 GB RAM for a big server and if you plan to make a test server.

I recommended 2 or more CPU cores for if you run other applications than a SA-MP server, whatever you use, you will need more than one core to ensure that any other applications will not affect the SA-MP server.

You mentioned that SSD is 'much preferred'. I also recommended a SSD VPS, so you changed nothing here.

'attacking'

Until you can provide me graphs of RAM usage with the plugins you mentioned (no offense to ColAndreas' creator but I have never ever used it in my time here) I'm going to stick with what I said.
Don't come in my discord DM's, start advertising your COD MW4 server and then delete the messages after I told you I couldn't care less about who you were.

OP; go with the flow. Start off with something affordable then go up depending on server popularity.

Messages In This Thread
Recommanded specs for SAMP server - by D4rkSiD3Rs - 09.04.2019, 00:04
Re: Recommanded specs for SAMP server - by Variable™ - 09.04.2019, 02:11
Re: Recommanded specs for SAMP server - by D4rkSiD3Rs - 09.04.2019, 03:01
Re: Recommanded specs for SAMP server - by ColorHost-Kevin - 09.04.2019, 15:52
Re: Recommanded specs for SAMP server - by Redirect Left - 11.04.2019, 23:50
Re: Recommanded specs for SAMP server - by Infin1ty - 12.04.2019, 22:47
Re: Recommanded specs for SAMP server - by Variable™ - 13.04.2019, 00:59
Re: Recommanded specs for SAMP server - by Infin1ty - 13.04.2019, 09:37
Re: Recommanded specs for SAMP server - by denNorske - 13.04.2019, 13:05
Re: Recommanded specs for SAMP server - by Kshishtof - 14.04.2019, 20:42