PAYDAY $A:MP - Civilians & Hostages Update!

Information

PAYDAY $A:MP is an upcoming server which will feature the possibilities of the actual PAYDAY 2 game to be found in our lovely game, SA:MP. Today I will present you an update which I've been working on for the few past days.

What is new?

- Civilians are now added, roaming the Heist map
- You can take civilians as Hostages, once they are scared ( Tying their hands )
- You can move Hostages anywhere you'd like ( 1 at a time )

What are the civilians?

During your Heist, you will come across not only to guards, but to civilians too! Civilians are NPCs, just like guards, that will roam around the Heist map and try to call the Police if you don't control them. The best way so far to control them is by shouting at them using the 'N' key to sit down. Any civilian on a radius of 5.0 to you will hear you shouting and will get automatically on the ground.

What can I do to the civilians?

Since they work the same way as guards do ( Spotting Bar, etc. ), you will only be able to control them and prevent them calling the Police ( usually by tying their hands with the 'Y' key ). You can also choose to kill them, however it's not recommended as if you kill a certain number of civilians, the alarm will trigger.

What can civilians do?

At the beginning of the Heist, civilians will be around the map. They will be alerted and try to call the Police if:

- The Spotted Bar is filled
- You are near them aiming
- They see a Corpse, Bodybag or other fellow NPC ( Guard / Civilian ) tied or scared.

What can I do to the Hostages?

Hostages are basically tied civilians. They are called 'Hostages' because they have their hands tied and they will not be able to call the Police, thus means they are under your control. Any uncontrolled Civilian will not be a Hostage and you will see a '!' on top of their head, meaning that they can call the Police if you don't shout at them. You can make Hostages follow you anywhere by pressing the 'Y' key.

How can I stay updated with the server progress?

You can stay tuned with the server news by simply joining the Discord below!

Video Presentation

It looks promising, keep up the hard work.

Thank you! Glad you like it.

Keep it up dude +rep

i like it, congrats!

Makes me want to play, good stuff.

Good job, I would really appreciate it if you could polish it up, add in-between animation so it wouldn't look like they teleport standing up. A clean getting up animation would be appreciated.
Other then that, it looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by $Marco$
View Post
Good job, I would really appreciate it if you could polish it up, add in-between animation so it wouldn't look like they teleport standing up. A clean getting up animation would be appreciated.
Other then that, it looks great!
Thank you & Yes I was thinking about that as well. I'll have to check what animations are available and which ones would fit.

It would be better if you use SetPlayerChatBubble instead of sending client messages to the player that the NPC saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4karow
View Post
It would be better if you use SetPlayerChatBubble instead of sending client messages to the player that the NPC saying.
That was just for testing purpose and I had forgot to remove it.. it will not show in game once the server is launched don't worry.