(MAPPING) A new modern version of Map Construction?

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you, talented scripters out there, thought of doing a newer and more modern version of Map Construction.

This that comes up in mind when I think of a newer version of Map Editor:

- Have a more decent look (visual)
- Categorise all objects to be more easier to find one. Like this website:https://dev.prineside.com/gtasa_samp_model_id/
- Be able to add textures from TStudio straight into it, so no need to open up a server for that.
- Being able to have useful scripts in the program when we go In-Game, such as: /weather, /changeskin, /flymode, writing text, texturing objects, actors ect... Kinda like Tstudio, but a one program that contains it all.

Current Version here: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=282801

I know for a fact that this is not a SA-MP Plugins or whatsoever, but someone may know someone who can work on something that would be more convenient for all mappers out there

What would need improving?
I use it all the time and haven't noticed anything that needs upgrading, does everything I need it to.

I'd go back to using it if you could change object materials inside the editor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalMethod
View Post
I use it all the time and haven't noticed anything that needs upgrading, does everything I need it to.
I think the same as Crystal, I don't think the Editor needs any updates.
Unless you show some images or something, about what u think needs to be improved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV
View Post
I'd go back to using it if you could change object materials inside the editor.
This sounds a bit modern.
I say it, because it looks more like when you use a filterscript like 'texture studio'.

So like I said, it would be to improve the software.

Exemple:

- Categorise all objects to be more easier to find one. Like this website:https://dev.prineside.com/gtasa_samp_model_id/
- Be able to add textures from TStudio straight into it, so no need to open up a server for that.

Y'all might say "well just use what you mention above". Yes, but why not making an improvement with it since it's old and make this easier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joko147
View Post
So like I said, it would be to improve the software.

Exemple:

Y'all might say "well just use what you mention above". Yes, but why not making an improvement with it since it's old and make this easier?

1.- I don't know what the current interface affects you, it seems friendly to me.

2.- About the category of objecs, I am working on something similar with my Software.
Although, MapConstruction has this option, unless you've never used it.
(Click me for view the image)

3.- I think using TextureStudio inside the server is much better than using MapConstruction.
Although, I have never used that alternative (Text. Studio), I have always been a fan of using MapConst. but in any case, for tastes colors.

It is only an opinion and point of view.

JernejL was the maintainer of the software and has since departed from the SA-MP scene as he mentions. Doubt any of this will be taken into consideration.

EDIT: If you really want to go pro, literally you have the choice to choose between Texture Studio or Fusezs' Map Editor and they greatly differentiate from one another but have a great balance of useful necessities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrhind
View Post

1.- I don't know what the current interface affects you, it seems friendly to me.

2.- About the category of objecs, I am working on something similar with my Software.

3.- I think using TextureStudio inside the server is much better than using MapConstruction.
Although, I have never used that alternative (Text. Studio), I have always been a fan of using MapConst. but in any case, for tastes colors.

About the interface, yes it is ok. But I'm just wondering if we could make something more 2019 as a program, thats all haha.

They have categories indeed, but it's broken, they don't show you all of the objects by writing name. Nothing like Dev tool.

About TStudio, maybe not? It could be much easier doing mapping all inside one software, wouldn't be? Being able to do texture all walls and all that then be able to export it ect ect. Would it even be possible?

Edit: What's your software you're working on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joko147
View Post
About the interface, yes it is ok. But I'm just wondering if we could make something more 2019 as a program, thats all haha.

They have categories indeed, but it's broken, they don't show you all of the objects by writing name. Nothing like Dev tool.

About TStudio, maybe not? It could be much easier doing mapping all inside one software, wouldn't be? Being able to do texture all walls and all that then be able to export it ect ect. Would it even be possible?

Edit: What's your software you're working on?
I understand what u mean.
DevPrineside only shows you references of objects, in comparison to MapConst. this only teaches u objects that have the name you are looking for, that is why their difference is great.
I think that, in part, software would be entertaining like that, the issue is that you would have to create an option that allows you to choose between several textures to apply to the model.

With respect to my software, you can find it in Screenshots and videos.

If texture editing is added along with a way to group objects into groups and handle them like single objects, this tool would have everything it needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrhind
View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenanMsV
View Post
@Sasino97 is developing a new tool to make maps and more.

[In Development] A New Powerful Scene Editor -
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=660750

But you can always fork this https://github.com/JernejL/samp-map-editor and add the features you want.
Shouldn't be that hard, I mean, if you know delphi.
That looks really good tbh. Although the creator haven't reply for months so..

If we could have someone who could make it, or with a team ect, that would tremendous. Map Editor needs a good remake to keep up with all other programs. I'll edit the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalMethod
View Post
Remove addiction from started gta_sa.exe for example.

I don't really think it needs any new map constructors. Use JernejL's map editor, or check out the one by Crayder (texture studio).