A desperate plea, from a passionate server developer

If you already have a large following and such a mesmerising script, you should be up and running today. And not just running, but thriving.

Clearly you don't know a thing about development. Maybe that's why you had to use a released GM like SC-RP

> complaining about medieval, literally the only server taking advantage of 0.3dl

I'm not against the idea. But realistically, you'd probably have to get your players to install a custom img, custom hud sprites, custom sa-mp ui styling.

Everything about this mod is set up to match the San Andreas style and unless there was a huge demand to change that, I'm probably not going to.

I found tes3mp to be pretty good. It's fun if you run around questing with a group of people.

As for Skyrim Together, I think they've noticed some of the problems with mods like SA-MP, where a lot of people want to run a server, and the server owners get more out of the project than the developers of the mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
I'm not against the idea. But realistically, you'd probably have to get your players to install a custom img, custom hud sprites, custom sa-mp ui styling.

Everything about this mod is set up to match the San Andreas style and unless there was a huge demand to change that, I'm probably not going to.
You don't have to change it. I can deal with the San Andreas style just fine (my medieval server feels like a new game already) but there are some pointers in which SAMP lack, for example the attachment limit, no custom animations etc. Things that don't prompt people to create completely niche servers like me but which are actually beneficial in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
As for Skyrim Together, I think they've noticed some of the problems with mods like SA-MP, where a lot of people want to run a server, and the server owners get more out of the project than the developers of the mod.
Is that a bad thing though? What do server owners get more than the devs? Money? There are a lot of people willing to spend money on this mod or Skyrim Together. The means just aren't there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
View Post
Clearly you don't know a thing about development. Maybe that's why you had to use a released GM like SC-RP

> complaining about medieval, literally the only server taking advantage of 0.3dl

Fantastic reply, definitely responded to the concise statement I posted. If you already have what you just claimed, there's no reason for you not to be up and running.

What I claim is also nothing against innovation in the slightest. The only reason SA-MP may even have a slight edge over GTA 5 city roleplay is because the city is more digestible and better mapped (in my opinion). Los Santos on GTA 5 is huge in contrast. The size makes roleplay far more spread out unless you have a huge playerbase. And the custom mapping is far easier and more readily available through SAMP.

I can definitely see why medieval roleplay could work in a game setting, because there's no central authority, each 'faction' can take over territories, kingdoms, whatnot. With that said, it is susceptible to becoming even more repetitive if it lacks diversity that city-roleplay has and there's constant attacks/politics loops. Though I haven't really thought about it enough to comment definitively on it as a form of roleplay in a game.

Quote:

First of all, I'm not really complaining. I'm telling you that you'd likely have far more success creating your own game, Kickstarter, you'll get a way bigger audience than on SAMP. Or even other modifications possibly for games that already have the medieval theme (and hence its mapping, its combat/weapons, horses/transport, skins).

Secondly, you can't really claim you are the only server taking advantage of 0.3dl because your server isn't even live, you pretty much say it is already out-of-this-world but make a thread asking for more.

Adding these things would be replacing rope with a chain for sa-mps survival, it’d also attract a large crowd of people back into the mod. I highly support what dignity is suggesting.

This whole game/mod in 2019, it's almost all about social interaction now. Nail the social aspect and the gameplay will hardly matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3shys
View Post
Secondly, you can't really claim you are the only server taking advantage of 0.3dl because your server isn't even live, you pretty much say it is already out-of-this-world but make a thread asking for more.
Excuse me, what the fuck. His server is up and running.

Do you also beg to differ by using your brain size of a peanut? You are not even relevant, go back to your bat-cave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic_
View Post
Excuse me, what the fuck. His server is up and running.

Do you also beg to differ by using your brain size of a peanut? You are not even relevant, go back to your bat-cave.
What's the IP bro? I'll come play and check it out!

That's funny and rich coming from someone who was involved in Core Roleplay team and has now made his signature as "left SA-MP as of April 13th" linking to a rant on another thread. Honestly, stop projecting and derailing. At least address what I'm saying and add your comments on top of that to keep a discussion going (or don't feed) rather than your sad projection.

Quote:
View Post

That's funny and rich coming from someone who was involved in Core Roleplay team and has now made his signature as "left SA-MP as of April 13th" linking to a rant on another thread. Honestly, stop projecting and derailing. At least address what I'm saying and add your comments on top of that to keep a discussion going (or don't feed) rather than your sad projection.
First of all, you are blind check out his signature.

Seconds, you are right. This guy joining/leaving few times a year.

I really would like to see 0.3.DL developed further. Dignity has some awesome ideas and I believe SA:MP is the best platform for them.

As do other major servers, including RCRP. The only thing (in my opinion) that will keep people interested is innovation. As far as I see it, if the Russians are so against all the new features they don't have to implement them into their script. And it's already been said servers are still using 0.3.e, but the main branch was developed further than that. I don't see what harm integrating .DL into the main branch will do.

It will avoid confusion to new players and hopefully people will start to see the benefits of the new features.

Why not dedicate updates to a new version that also contains of non-dl and dl perks and features and highlight it in pink, size 35 that people have the choice of what content they use from the new version, to avoid confusion.

Maybe labeling it as 0.3.8 would help deter the attention that it's only related to DL features and may convince the big Russian boys to transfer.

I agree with Chilli9434, and to add to that I think you are capable of doing more Kalcor. The mod has fallen into stagnation and probably the reason why people have rebelled to make it better or why every single general thread turns into a question for updates.

Quote:
View Post

It's funny how you involved a server that has nothing to do with me, I was part of it for a short period yet it was a good time. The people treated me well. And this is not a place to discuss servers. All what I see is that you are an attention whore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazon
View Post
First of all, you are blind check out his signature.

Seconds, you are right. This guy joining/leaving few times a year.
You are irrelevant as well. I don't even know who you are... Mind introducing? Another attention whore as well?

And oh, please know your facts when you come at me you lil' goof.

Calm down Mr Bigshot

Nice to see you updated your signature, if you've left the mod, it's also time to leave the forums:

But you haven't really left the mod Mr. "Only using the forums" and "Scripting for quick cash". I digress, lets get back to the topic as I'm already bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli9434
View Post
As far as I see it, if the Russians are so against all the new features they don't have to implement them into their script. And it's already been said servers are still using 0.3.e, but the main branch was developed further than that. I don't see what harm integrating .DL into the main branch will do.
This is the answer of the Russian community:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1eSeL
View Post
Greetings to all forum participants.

I am writing on behalf of the entire Russian community SA-MP (asked to transfer).

It is said above that we are not interested in additional functions of loading models and full transition to a new branch.
I hasten to assure you that this is not true. Over the entire existence of SA-MP, the Russian community has become very close and has strengthened its position.
In particular, such concepts as “competition” and “hostility” to seemingly direct competitors are partially lost. And,
over the entire existence of the community, we have developed strong developers who are initiators, authors of the network part and fashion in general for various games, such as -
GTA V, STALKER, GTA IV and others. Based on this, we are ready and really want to develop any of the platforms that will please the players and bring us profit.

So why don't we use the new branch (?)

This is due to the fact that there is no sense of stability.
And also, confusion in versions / branches. A separate branch of DL, released by you, can potentially divide the audience, which, of course, is unacceptable.
We are ready to spend large sums of money on the development and attraction of a new audience.
Give us a stable, unified, stable version without any errors. Also, give us the opportunity of direct feedback with the SA-MP team.
All attempts to contact you through beta testers with whom we keep in touch were unsuccessful.

Dignity, you have shown with some of your servers that - anything is still possible to be made in SA-MP. It doesn't really need "updates". Server-owners have to be creative and come up with something new to raise their playerbase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshishtof
View Post
Dignity, you have shown with some of your servers that - anything is still possible to be made in SA-MP. It doesn't really need "updates". Server-owners have to be creative and come up with something new to raise their playerbase.
If anything is possible to be made in SA-MP, can something be made to expel you from the universe?