A desperate plea, from a passionate server developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
Посмотреть сообщение
The point of this thread flew past your head. lmfao, check Graber’s post and shut up
are you dumb? i was answering someone that said it isnt possible to script a damage system in vcrp, yh youre fucking dumb lmfaoo, looks like all these horses made you autistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikeel
Посмотреть сообщение
are you dumb? i was answering someone that said it isnt possible to script a damage system in vcrp, yh youre fucking dumb lmfaoo, looks like all these horses made you autistic
You talk a lot considering you know jack shit about how to do it other than saying "they did it".

hey look is the samp community being a bunch of babies again who would've thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
Посмотреть сообщение
And people have been presenting their ideas & suggestions since 2006.

Good luck.
This should be a thread and get pinned instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable™
Посмотреть сообщение
Funny seeing people arguing over nothing. Fighting will not make ideas get implemented but rather just waste time.
Yeah ^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoALogan
View Post
Also, Balkan is up for 0.3DL-R2 or 0.3.8

I know some Balkan servers even have built custom launchers that allow them to add custom vehicles etc. but I don't think that can be nearly as stable as something done by Kalcor himself...

Also Kalcor, I know it's not my place to ask this,
but why don't you allow Y_Less to help you with the updates? Numbers are telling story for themselves(dropping day by day), and this kind of update would mos def increase those numbers and keep the player base and developing on respectable level.
You know some Balkan servers even have built custom launchers that allow them to add custom vehicles etc.

That's pretty useless, waste of time. If they have a big player base and a lot of people that they are spending time and effort developing a launcher, they could save their effort and list their ideas herein.

Your, his and their servers, each has a decent average and a big community behind it. If you all agree - as server owners - that a specific feature is needed, you'd get it implemented sooner or later.

Also Kalcor, I know it's not my place to ask this,
but why don't you allow Y_Less to help you with the updates? Numbers are telling story for themselves(dropping day by day), and this kind of update would mos def increase those numbers and keep the player base and developing on respectable level.

The problem isn't developers or helping hands, it will not make features come if they aren't intended to be in the first place.

The problem now is: Majority of SA-MP players are Russians, they are running servers for earning money and they have a decent player base, their development is all focused on finding ways to earn money.

In fact, Russian servers don't have bots, their communities are pretty big and they don't have any intentions to change their layout or the way players are used to their product.

So where's the problem?

Russians don't agree on some new feature and only some few English servers agree on it, considering most of servers are Russian, Spanish, Brazilian and Romanian: If you satisfy the few English servers and let the other big servers away from the scene - you'll lose them. This will have a great impact on SA-MP, so not 30K or 40K players but 1800 or even less (the English players).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
There are still lots of players on 0.3e. I wonder when they'll upgrade to 0.3x?
I installed GTA San Andreas from somewhere that had 0.3e files so this explains why players are still on it. In fact, I found 0.3e in most of the internet cafes.

You have two options to solve this issue:
  • How about asking the server owners/players to upgrade to 0.3.7 or DL?
  • Detect that if the version is outdated then their masterlist/hosted tab will not work.
There are still hopes for SA-MP that it can live as many servers will go for 0.3.8/DL-R2 once it's released with a major update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikeel
View Post
what have you been doing for 8 years in samp? lmfao, check vcrp and shut up
If you were trying to take a jab at my tenure and apparently being misinformed, I'll help ya out with that. I've been around since early 08, not 11

I've checked vcrp, it's shit. Bye

isnt vcrp using something kalcor made

Getting a new dev for SA:MP would speed things up

Hopefully underground lives to the expectations by the community and people convert to using underground for their ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
There are still lots of players on 0.3e. I wonder when they'll upgrade to 0.3x?
Regarding 0.3e, someone mentioned there was a potential querying error and some of the servers on the list are 0.3.7. But regardless, these people are probably only 0.3.e because the number one torrent for San Andreas includes SAMP with 0.3e version. They aren't going to be on it for any other reason but to get these normie players possibly? Said torrent has thousands of seeders.

I'll agree with Kalcor on the Medieval and even Western Roleplay (still requires extensive mapping, horses and such). Those projects are best suited to their own games and if not, other modifications for other games. They are essentially complete transformations of what San Andreas provides, vehicles, weapons, mapping. These days, there's a lot of frameworks and assets you can find in Unity's Asset Store and Unreal's stores that mean you aren't limited to the small base of SA-MP players and don't have to code till you're 90. Start a Kickstarter if you really want.

SA-MP isn't the only game you can roleplay in. Everyone knows about GTA 5, Arma, but you'll also see stuff like Star Wars Old Republic with roleplay guilds that do events between guilds.

However. I'll disagree with Kalcor's mentality on "waiting for people to upgrade". Especially foreign servers. First of all, when it was released as 0.3 DL, it was stated there could be potential security holes. That doesn't make players confident. Secondly, these foreign players and any players, would only be able to connect to the server after going to the official SA-MP forums (after going to the website first), discovering a 0.3DL section, finding the release thread and downloading it. Foreign players aren't likely to install something from a forum thread. They'd likely move on, to another game or TV show, to be honest. Anyone who isn't aware of 0.3DL will simply download the main version posted and other servers will steal the normie players.

It's also about time you include an auto-updater in this client so it is easier for people who are foreign and not tech inclined. These days with Steam, everything is auto-updated. That way people don't have to keep on old versions to retain their players, there are really no benefits to older versions aside from that. Kalcor is also lucky in this case as big server owners from the foreign community have stated they will all unanimously move to the next version instead of half holding back and keeping some of the players back with them.

Kalcor, I am an ordinary Russian guy who likes SAMP. I spoke with many owners of Russian servers about the version 0.3DL. All they said about this is that the functionality is too small and there are also bugs. The Russians remain at 0.3.7 because this is a stable version, but this does not mean that we do not want updates, we squeezed everything we could from 0.3.7. Thank. (gogle translate - crap)

Most Russian servers want updates, a representative of the Russian community has already written about this!
Excuses by the fact that the Russian does not like the new features are stupid!

P.S. Text created with the help of a translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasno
View Post
Most Russian servers want updates, a representative of the Russian community has already written about this!
Excuses by the fact that the Russian does not like the new features are stupid!

P.S. Text created with the help of a translator
I highly doubt a random no-name posting here and stating that stuff can be called a representative.

Not to mention the usage of ****** translator. They ain't even capable of finding one single person who speaks proper English and can be a bridge between the solely Russian talking people and others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiki574
View Post
I highly doubt a random no-name posting here and stating that stuff can be called a representative.

Not to mention the usage of ****** translator. They ain't even capable of finding one single person who speaks proper English and can be a bridge between the solely Russian talking people and others.
A no-name? How would you know that somene is or isnt a 'representative of russian servers' then?

I mean, as the main russian SAMP community in the social networks states - the biggest russian projects actually asked the guy to be that 'representative' - https://vk.com/@sampworld-razrabotch...upnyh-proektov
You could use a translator to make sure its true what im saying
Thanks

Y Less speaks Russian as well, if you want a “known” middleman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleam
View Post
A no-name? How would you know that somene is or isnt a 'representative of russian servers' then?

I mean, as the main russian SAMP community in the social networks states - the biggest russian projects actually asked the guy to be that 'representative' - https://vk.com/@sampworld-razrabotch...upnyh-proektov
You could use a translator to make sure its true what im saying
Thanks
My bad then, wasn't aware they did such thing.

Still, direct talk should be arranged rather than posting in this huge thread where posts get lost or (un)intentionally ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiki574
View Post
My bad then, wasn't aware they did such thing.

Still, direct talk should be arranged rather than posting in this huge thread where posts get lost or (un)intentionally ignore.
Yeh true tho. WHO KNOWS MAYBE THATS SOME FAKE GUY ANYWAY, and that russian SAMP community just saw his post here and kind of took it for truth and posted it on their page

I actually don't think that those major projects would contact Kalcor through a public thread like this, so u may be right

Well it's not like they are beta-testers with some superior contact. Regardless you don't know if that representative decided to go through both public and private channels.

Regardless, SA-MP is not a democracy, Kalcor is the one controlling everything. Auto-updater with yes/no and setting toggle was DENIED. And he's made it clear he wants everyone to migrate to a new version first, which you can only find out about through forums, nothing on the main release page. At least add 0.3 DL (you can also keep 0.3.7) to download page if you want people to migrate over. There was mention of 0.3 DL having potential unknown security vulnerabilities but who knows what they could be and Kalcor wants people to move over on their own already via the BIG servers.

At this point, I think it'd be best to open-source as Kalcor said he will at one point. Unless he meant when the mod is dead. Development would be much faster and people would probably move over from MTA to SAMP as SAMP has generally more players (aside from shitty BR clones, and racing), but worse scripting capabilities and is closed source. I'm not sure why he thinks everyone would start their own SAMP literal clone, when no one did for 0.2.5. The reality is marketing it would be impossible and gaining community trust to even install your client would not be easy. Then there's the maintaining of it at which point unless all those developers could work faster and better than anyone on SA-MP open development, it won't have absolutely anything better. Meaning no edge to have their own client, even if big server owners formed a team. There are some custom clients (Russian CRMP or some shit, UGRP) already which are only better because SAMP is not being developed to have some of their features like custom guns and whatever.

When 0.3DL was released, Kalcor said he will be merely skipping the 0.3.8 release and the next release will have more than downloading. 0.3DL was posted in a forum thread. It's been years and no next release has come, if Kalcor is not able to develop (understandably because it's one-man army) in a timely manner, it's time to open-source.

At the very least, 0.3.7 and 0.3DL shouldn't continue co-existing because it effectively divides a small community into two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3shys
View Post
At least add 0.3 DL (you can also keep 0.3.7) to download page if you want people to migrate over.
The 0.3.DL client download link is already present there.