A desperate plea, from a passionate server developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FufLa
View Post
Nice to see this topic get derailed with DL talk. SA-MP has so many more things to potentially offer (like hiding the damn vehicle map icons) that don't change the underlying game, but go and focus on custom models. More power to you guys!
I wonder if you actually read the first post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FufLa
View Post
Nice to see this topic get derailed with DL talk. SA-MP has so many more things to potentially offer (like hiding the damn vehicle map icons) that don't change the underlying game, but go and focus on custom models. More power to you guys!
Nice to see you lack the ability to read for more than a thought:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic_
View Post
I completely agree with everything you mentioned. I think there's not even the need of huge updates to SA-MP, frequent smaller updates would be good where at least we can some new features every once in a while and then us the developers have ideas and experience to use the resources and functionality for an improved immersive experience that SA-MP has provided to us over the years.
  1. Vehicle icons; We can't hide them and that destroys the whole point of DayZ servers.
  2. Limited weapons; I've had the idea to create a PUBG based server on UG-MP once its out because of the all the maps and amount of weapons they have - it'd really allow me to create the real battle royale feel and experience in the bounds of the game.
  3. Custom animated objects; Stuff like in your (Dignity's) server like the horses and other animals would feel more immersive.
  4. Custom objects; One really good feature that has allowed us to go beyond the limits of what objects the SA-MP and the native game provides.
  5. Custom skins; Another good feature.
  6. Custom animations; This would completely change how we participate in roleplay.
  7. Attachment slots; Another good point.
  8. On screen labels; Something like how the chat or 3D text labels work but displays on the screen, just like the label that shows up in the bottom left when we stream music/ radio in the game, this would allow us to have textdraw level functionality but with custom fonts available on the client since we can't do custom fonts (in textdraws) without hassle. This would make the stuff we do with custom textures such as PHONES to do the clock or even make our own death list.
  9. Custom HUD icons; This would be useful in almost all servers, especially TDM, where we can use it to show different team captured areas using it.
^ Literally the first reply on this topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikeel
View Post
YOU CAN manage to simulate pickups and a fully working damage system in vice city, if you dont know how to then dont cry for everything
Creating a framework for simulating "animated scripted objects" (like in Wild West RP) is not as easy simulating "pickups" and "fully working damage system". We don't want to create framework for every thing - we've other better things to do while being developers instead of trying to recreate a framework which is not only laggy and limited by Pawn but also very time-taking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romz
View Post
They use fake online and nobody forbids them to do it. Also less competition.

We just need cardinal solutions. The developer needs to completely close the hosted and Internet tab for the old client versions and force everyone to play the latest actual version. I do not understand why he does not want to do this!
You clearly forget that the reasons why they play the older version of the client is because of the stuff like the skin-shooting change and shit. I was not a SA-MP player before that change occurred but that's one BIG argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papedo
View Post
If custom vehicles in DL-R2 will be released, it should have abbility to customize vehicle handling.
- ChangeVehicleMaxSpeed

Also function for removing random vehicle objects, would be usefull.
- ChangeVehicleVariant or something..
- Example: remove crates from Walton
- Example 2: Toggle on/off coal inside truck trailer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleam
View Post
It would also be cool if there was something like:

- SetVehicleAccelerationRate
- ToggleVehiclePhysics (cuz you know different vehicles would be contolled differently, that'd be nice if you could tone every aspect of them as well - like maneuverability/braking, etc.)

And also - that would be mad if Kalcor added many new car objects like different engines, tuning items, etc. would be really cool on RP servers.
There's already a few released plugins that require client side modification to simulate that in current SA-MP versions, so addition of that isn't gonna be difficult anyways.

One was released by Pottus and here's one by dotSilent (https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=663066)

--

SA-MP 0.3.DL has nothing to offer to the servers for 0.3.7 that don't make use of the DL features SOLELY because the fixes that came up in 0.3.DL were added in 0.3.7 R3 patch. If DL gets new features which are non-DL related, servers might be forced to move to it, but again DL as the name says, is only limited to download based features.

Quote:
View Post
You clearly forget that the reasons why they play the older version of the client is because of the stuff like the skin-shooting change and shit. I was not a SA-MP player before that change occurred but that's one BIG argument.
Do you understand that there is almost no one playing?
About 15 servers use fake online and 28 servers in general for some reason are in this list with version 0.3.7.

Please look at this site:
http://query.2al.ru/03e_fix.html

Quote:
View Post
PHP Code:
lagcompmode 0 
...and you will get the old ping based system. I really don't understand why someone still gives it as an argument.

Do you guys really have to turn every topic into a shit show? I'm supprised Kalcor still replies to these topics. Must be for the good laugh lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
View Post
Do you guys really have to turn every topic into a shit show? I'm supprised Kalcor still replies to these topics. Must be for the good laugh lol
Duh, wouldn't you?

Just reply to a topic and have everyone frantically ask you questions, must be pretty funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
View Post
I want the SAMP to develop, that's why I'm writing here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
View Post
Do you guys really have to turn every topic into a shit show? I'm surprised Kalcor still replies to these topics. Must be for the good laugh lol
I think the reason for that is because people want to see this project continue and excel in terms of development. For many of us, we've played here for over 10 years now and seeing the mod stagnate, whilst at the same time knowing that there are far greater possibilities is disheartening.

While there are ambitious people in this thread as well as some cretins, the end point for most of us is to get closure on the subject matter. Because threads like these are the only way members can express and communicate appropriately with each other and Kalcor.

It is unfortunate that most of these threads that spiral up usually end up in the same fashion where people bash each other, the thread gets derailed and inevitably closed. Some moderation and common courtesy from the members wouldn't hurt, though who knows...not everyone is on the same ship so it seems.

I'm pretty sure we have exhausted all points to Kalcor.

At the end of the day it's his decision when he sees more love & work done for the 0.3.DL.

If we want 0.3.DL-2 or 0.3.8, lets start posting more videos and screenshots and release more models?

Let's get to work and stop wasting time with these damn topics ffs.

Can't you guys see he is literally telling us what to do to get him to work? And all you guys are doing is complaining.... now let us butt our heads together and get to work...

HE WANTS TO SEE EFFORT, NOT READ PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT HIS EFFORT.

#KarForCommunityManager

Quote:
View Post
YOU CAN manage to simulate pickups and a fully working damage system in vice city, if you dont know how to then dont cry for everything
Er, no you can't. It's sloppy at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
View Post
Can't you guys see he is literally telling us what to do to get him to work? And all you guys are doing is complaining.... now let us butt our heads together and get to work...

HE WANTS TO SEE EFFORT, NOT READ PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT HIS EFFORT.
Er, I dunno bro. I'm not gunna scan through the last few pages but from the first page and in posts elsewhere my impressions were kalcor's idea of samp is to have it as close to the base game as possible, albeit online. He's stressed elsewhere that he doesn't understand how people take the environment away from the original scope of the game and even pointed out to Dignity that there's other MP mods to try rather than here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temperr
View Post

Er, I dunno bro. I'm not gunna scan through the last few pages but from the first page and in posts elsewhere my impressions were kalcor's idea of samp is to have it as close to the base game as possible, albeit online. He's stressed elsewhere that he doesn't understand how people take the environment away from the original scope of the game and even pointed out to Dignity that there's other MP mods to try rather than here.
he expressed general discontent for total conversation servers which are so far away from GTA SA they might aswell not exist on SA-MP lol. obviously he supports projects like UG-MP and will put in work to extend features for projects he finds interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temperr
View Post

what have you been doing for 8 years in samp? lmfao, check vcrp and shut up

Quote:
View Post
pretty sure he was heavily involved in VCRP but go on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari
Посмотреть сообщение
pretty sure he was heavily involved in VCRP but go on.
spanish vcrp facepalm

I seriously do not understand why it is impossible to release a full version instead of 0.3.DL?

Quote:
View Post
Yes, it's possible, but at what cost?
Having to implement such a system from the ground is a tedious process. Do you the amount of processing power that goes to waste when doing this? Things like constantly checking key changes, timers, and distance checks between players, all of this and the client already does that for it self inside the normal map and should be fixed.

The same thing with pickups: Timers wasted to make a simple object rotate forever when the client already has this ability, and constant distance checks to check if the player is near the area of the pickup. All of this written in Pawn and wasting resources when this should be handled by the client.

There's no excuse to not fix bugs. Many bugs can be "fixed" with help of the server, although very badly. No need to be bragging a specific server here and there for a thing we all know it's possible to do.

The SAMP launcher should receive an update check. In this way, people are aware of new updates and can switch to the latest version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampkinq
Посмотреть сообщение
The SAMP launcher should receive an update check. In this way, people are aware of new updates and can switch to the latest version.
I agree, multi protocol support, and some new style would be nice.

Quote:
View Post
The point of this thread flew past your head. lmfao, check Graber’s post and shut up