A desperate plea, from a passionate server developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSide56
View Post
I support the idea of developing sa-mp 03DL.
I have to keep my project on the Vice City map frozen due to 2 gods:
1) there is no melee damage synchronization Outside the SA map.
2) Outside the map more than 4,500 coordinates are not displayed pick-up.
Place Vice City on the map SA, removing it, I also can not, because there are "holes" between the water zones. How do I develop a server with a new map, if actually 03DL does not allow me to do it fully? I'm not talking about replacing the card on the HUD radar. I have repeatedly heard about the mention of these bugs by other guys for 2 years and I am surprised that such little things can not still be fixed in 03DL R1-2.

I hope you read it, dear kye.
YOU CAN manage to simulate pickups and a fully working damage system in vice city, if you dont know how to then dont cry for everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikeel
View Post
YOU CAN manage to simulate pickups and a fully working damage system in vice city, if you dont know how to then dont cry for everything
You must not have understood me, but melee weapons do not synchronize outside of the SA card, neither between players nor between the player and the vehicle. If you're suggesting replacing pickups with objects and rotating them each time, then that's absurd. Me is important limit MAX_OBJECTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
If there's a DL-R2, it'll have custom ifps and vehicles. I was thinking about all that stuff while DL was being developed.

Most of the Russian servers, which make up a majority of SA-MP's playerbase right now, don't seem to want the downloading feature. But the English servers need custom models to keep their players interested. Eventually 0.3.7 and DL will be merged in to a single version. It has to wait until most servers and players are comfortable with the feature though.
What about custom weapons and synced vehicle variants?

The only problem a server I am System Admin / Developer of has with swapping to DL is that players do not want to use a 3rd party launcher to patch their game version up to 0.3DL, or deal with the annoyances of constantly swapping between versions to join different servers, something I believe a merge would solve.

It seems counter-intuitive to have two "live" versions that players can pick between if they realistically should be merged anyway and is just a deterrent more than anything having them be separate still.

Greetings to all forum participants.

I am writing on behalf of the entire Russian community SA-MP (asked to transfer).

It is said above that we are not interested in additional functions of loading models and full transition to a new branch.
I hasten to assure you that this is not true. Over the entire existence of SA-MP, the Russian community has become very close and has strengthened its position.
In particular, such concepts as “competition” and “hostility” to seemingly direct competitors are partially lost. And,
over the entire existence of the community, we have developed strong developers who are initiators, authors of the network part and fashion in general for various games, such as -
GTA V, STALKER, GTA IV and others. Based on this, we are ready and really want to develop any of the platforms that will please the players and bring us profit.

So why don't we use the new branch (?)

This is due to the fact that there is no sense of stability.
And also, confusion in versions / branches. A separate branch of DL, released by you, can potentially divide the audience, which, of course, is unacceptable.
We are ready to spend large sums of money on the development and attraction of a new audience.
Give us a stable, unified, stable version without any errors. Also, give us the opportunity of direct feedback with the SA-MP team.
All attempts to contact you through beta testers with whom we keep in touch were unsuccessful.

Members:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSide56
View Post
You must not have understood me, but melee weapons do not synchronize outside of the SA card, neither between players nor between the player and the vehicle. If you're suggesting replacing pickups with objects and rotating them each time, then that's absurd. Me is important limit MAX_OBJECTS.
as i already told u, u can make a melee/gun damage detection on vice city and also pickups, check the spanish server vcrp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcc
View Post
Go to MTA, if you need new animations, sounds and so on. In my opinion you're just lazy, and trying to make SAMP something for which it was not created.
The thing is we shouldn't have to go to MTA. Maybe SA-MP wasn't created for such levels of customization, but that doesn't mean that this can't change if its users want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikeel
View Post
YOU CAN theoretically do anything with the server. Based on this, I just propose Kalcor delete sa-mp altogether, because using it is just lazy. We should work on simulating pickups and all that ourselves.

In my opinions, sa-mp is at a crossroads. It is somehow still relevant, but that's fading away. There hasn't been a major update for a long time. Now, this could go two ways. Either the current development team or another with more interest could try to innovate and bring more live and CUSTOMIZATION to sa-mp, or just don't.

There are still lots of players on 0.3e. I wonder when they'll upgrade to 0.3x?

The real question is, when Vice City in Oblivion?

Quote:
View Post
roses r red violets r blue

maybe never. maybe soon.

release 0.3.8 with more features very soon

Quote:
View Post
Kalc, but they are good with that version, i believe that they don't even know that other versions exist. The thing is, that they are most likely to be those 40 yr old men that come home after a hard work day from the factory or summin, and they don't really care what their SAMP version is, they just need to have a good time after work, if you know what i mean. They are kinda strong entrenched communities i believe, to whom the privilage is just to have a nice time chatting in the game or summin.
PLEASE CMON KALCOR WE WANT 0.3DL

Quote:
View Post
As soon as you turn off the Internet tab, I think they should switch to a newer version after that.

Quote:
View Post
Really? Are there that many servers still around on 0.3e?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez
View Post
Really? Are there that many servers still around on 0.3e?
134 servers - http://lists.sa-mp.com/0.3.4/servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romz
View Post
Strange, I'm curious to know why they never updated to the latest version(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez
View Post
Strange, I'm curious to know why they never updated to the latest version(s)
They use fake online and nobody forbids them to do it. Also less competition.

We just need cardinal solutions. The developer needs to completely close the hosted and Internet tab for the old client versions and force everyone to play the latest actual version. I do not understand why he does not want to do this!

Maybe you should answer this is this a message? Instead, avoid replies. As for 0.3e, it has a unique map

Quote:
View Post
If there's a DL-R2, it'll have custom ifps and vehicles. I was thinking about all that stuff while DL was being developed.

Most of the Russian servers, which make up a majority of SA-MP's playerbase right now, don't seem to want the downloading feature. But the English servers need custom models to keep their players interested. Eventually 0.3.7 and DL will be merged in to a single version. It has to wait until most servers and players are comfortable with the feature though.
If custom vehicles in DL-R2 will be released, it should have abbility to customize vehicle handling.
- ChangeVehicleMaxSpeed

Also function for removing random vehicle objects, would be usefull.
- ChangeVehicleVariant or something..
- Example: remove crates from Walton
- Example 2: Toggle on/off coal inside truck trailer

It would also be cool if there was something like:

- SetVehicleAccelerationRate
- ToggleVehiclePhysics (cuz you know different vehicles would be contolled differently, that'd be nice if you could tone every aspect of them as well - like maneuverability/braking, etc.)

And also - that would be mad if Kalcor added many new car objects like different engines, tuning items, etc. would be really cool on RP servers.

Quote:
View Post
Also, many Russian severs still on 0.3e version, cuz first link in Yandex about how to start playing samp are 7 (maybe older) years old, so it's so many people don't know about next versions. Close previous versions master lists - will be good idea to upgrade peoples to 0.3.DL. Is it possible to write in master list about update in first line?

Nice to see this topic get derailed with DL talk. SA-MP has so many more things to potentially offer (like hiding the damn vehicle map icons) that don't change the underlying game, but go and focus on custom models. More power to you guys!