SAMP won't connect to servers. (internet problem maybe?)

I've been having this problem for a week or something now and it is really pissing me off.

I had new internet router and lightning cable installed like a week ago and after that SAMP just won't connect to servers. I forwarded ports and opened them too. This problem occurs in the other computer too. So I tried playing other games and I couldn't play CS 1.6 (didn't work in the other computer either) but when I played Unreal Tournament 2004 via Steam, there was no problem. I tried the firewall solution but still nothing works..

samp generally doesn't need any ports forwarded, unless you're running a server. if you can see the ping in the server browser, you should be able to connect to it.

maybe your router/internet provider is blocking UDP traffic. UT2004 could have been upgraded at some point to use steam instead of raw UDP.

I see the ping in the server browser, but when I connect, it says: ''Couldn't connect to server. Retrying..''

Are you trying more than one server?

the server browser and samp use the same port and protocol, so it's strange.

edit:

well I have to allow both samp.exe and gta_sa.exe through my firewall.

if I had samp.exe allowed and gta_sa.exe blocked, I'd see what you are seeing. but you said it was only a router upgrade.

Yes, I tried many servers and every single one didn't work. Before I had my router upgraded, all worked fine..

Sounds like it's either going to be something in your router settings or something your ISP is doing. If there's some anti-DOS setting in your router you could try disabling it.

Go onto your router website, login and check the firewalls etc. for any blocks.

Funny thing is, I don't even have any firewall in my router. One of my friends told me that SAMP servers run on 4bit (or digit i dont remember) and my internet is 6bit and I could create a tunnel. But I'm not familiar with any of these internet things so I have no idea what that means.. does it make sense?

Well you said you see the ping in the browser, so it's working 90%. Do you see the player list and rules?

Best thing is probably to find the website of the router model and ask if anyone has trouble with CS 1.6.

I see the player list, I see everything. But at least now I know that this is not the games problem..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
Well you said you see the ping in the browser, so it's working 90%. Do you see the player list and rules?

Best thing is probably to find the website of the router model and ask if anyone has trouble with CS 1.6.
This is a known problem after a last software update on the new Comtrend routers. They are blocking the response packets of the cookie and the 2 bytes packet with the contents in hex 1900 that the server sends when the connection is valid to be established (after cookie authentication).

If you want to fix the problem, you will have to launch a client / server update, otherwise fewer and fewer users will be able to play SA-MP. Many ISPs are changing the current routers and if you get a Comtrend, you're screwed.