Map Concept - "Natural" garages

So the idea is to use already existing garages in place of mapping new ones underground, playing with virtual worlds, interiors, etc.

This is not a showcase of a perfect map but an idea of how garages could be used to seem pretty cool "natural" in the GTA:SA landscape.
Madd Doggs mansion has a 3 door garage that can be utilised and are often not.
  • Remove the mansion object
  • Add the object back
  • Add an empty texture to the garage doors
  • Add your own doors with the same texture in place of the old ones
  • Make them moveable for the owner of the property
  • Map the inside of the garage
  • Script a teleport inside the mapped garage with a button press for the owner
  • Do the same to exit the garage (I recommend letting everyone exit, so as not to have people trapped inside)
Bonus brownie points: add a gate to enter the property with the same texture as a fence and make it seem even neater. Keeping track of the open/closed states of the garage doors would allow you to prevent teleporting inside unless they are open, also would allow people that are not the owner to use the garage in interesting ways.

Note: not all garages can be used like this - some have messed up collisions and that will render the garage impossible to use unless you change the entire house to a working one.

"Why can't you just walk in/out? You can see the outside/inside from the other side!" : The collision is still there, the object just has an invisible texture.

That's a really nice concept,not only for garages,but for interiors in general.
I'll definitly take this ideia and try making something cool with it.

the only ''problem'' would be wheater,if it is raining on the server,inside the garage would probably be raining too which could be a little bit annoying.

I like this idea

Galėčiau suћinoti kokiam serveriui skriptini? savo? kitam? Tu lyg JonasP iљ supergames ar taip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venture1997
View Post
That's a really nice concept,not only for garages,but for interiors in general.
I'll definitly take this ideia and try making something cool with it.

the only ''problem'' would be wheater,if it is raining on the server,inside the garage would probably be raining too which could be a little bit annoying.
Thanks. You are correct about the weather.

Here is an idea to address the issue:
Incognitos streamer has a way to define areas and then callbacks for when people enter/exit them. So...
Make garages their own areas and whenever someone enters the area - if the weather is rainy make it cloudy, so that it still looks like it is raining (dark, gloomy) but it actually isn't for the player! And vice versa for when the player exits.

All of this makes your garages harder to add/remove but if you work out a nice workflow it could be very cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heress
View Post
I like this idea
Galėčiau suћinoti kokiam serveriui skriptini? savo? kitam? Tu lyg JonasP iљ supergames ar taip?
Thanks a lot
Tas pats
Realiai LRG.LT (vvp neveikia, tad reik į forumą tiesiogiai eit forumas.lrg.lt) scriptinu, ten kaip hobis man (priklauso kitam lrgiečiui, bet jis senbuvis serverio, tad neapleidћiu). Serveris senas, 10+ metų, neћinau ar girdėtas jau tau. Toks apmiręs, bet daug metų ћaistas, tad neimu uћmokesčio ir laisvu laiko po darbo bei studijų pasėdћiu prie kodo. Mačiau tu irgi mokaisi sau kodint ir labai smagiai padedi forumiečiams ten. Jei kada kaћko reiks, tai PM gali raљyt, stengiuosi padėt, kai randu laiko, ypač tokiems љaunuoliams, kurie padeda naujokam.

Use kdff's gui to generate collision to the objects the easiest way.

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=644075