[Scenery Showcase] AT-400 Realistic Interior

Hello guys and girls,
I almost never make maps/scenery, but today I decided to make something which now looks actually cool in my opinion (except for certain textures that look bad, but I couldn't find better ones). I wanted to hear your opinion and constructive critics.

Decent

Simple. Not bad.

looks awesome

Looks nice! I've thought about making an interior to the at-400 once,but I was not happy with the results,the samp limitations makes it hard to do it well detailed.

Some suggestions(I assume you use texture studios to edit textures).

U could use /mtcolor 0 0xFFFFFFFF to fix some lighting of those shiny objects,like the door on the first pic and the overhead luggage thing.

This light id:2707 would work well putting in the middle of the roof I think,and may remove those Tvs

For the windows,idk,maybe turning them 90 degrees so they get vertically bigger,like they normally are in planes. also getting a frame that has borders on it looks a tiny bit more like a window.

if u want to keep the tvs I suggest this model 19787. I think it would look more modern.

I think that's it lol! great work mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krduL
View Post
Decent
Quote:
Originally Posted by h3x
View Post
Simple. Not bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomasByoka
View Post
looks awesome
Thank you a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venture1997
View Post
Looks nice! I've thought about making an interior to the at-400 once,but I was not happy with the results,the samp limitations makes it hard to do it well detailed.

Some suggestions(I assume you use texture studios to edit textures).

U could use /mtcolor 0 0xFFFFFFFF to fix some lighting of those shiny objects,like the door on the first pic and the overhead luggage thing.

This light id:2707 would work well putting in the middle of the roof I think,and may remove those Tvs

For the windows,idk,maybe turning them 90 degrees so they get vertically bigger,like they normally are in planes. also getting a frame that has borders on it looks a tiny bit more like a window.

if u want to keep the tvs I suggest this model 19787. I think it would look more modern.

I think that's it lol! great work mate!
I was waiting for a comment like this :P Thanks for the suggestions.
I am not using texture studio, I am browsing the textures on this website and then applying them in my raw data scenery files which I load at runtime with a simple script (see my post in Useful Functions). I didn't know that the color affected all textures, I thought it only colored colorable textures, I will try to change it to a darker one.

The TVs definitely looked bad, and maybe they are placed in the wrong location, but my intent was not to design a modern plane, but a plane that matches the AT-400, since GTA:SA takes places in 1992, that is why I used big awful 4:3 cathode-ray tube TVs.
I will surely take your advice on the windows, I didn't know how to make them look better as I couldn't find a square with rounded borders, but at least by rotating them by 90 they will look better (of course I will do this with find+replace and not by rotating them one by one lol). If you know of an object model that can be used to make the window frames I would really appreciate if you told me.
Oh, I also mapped the cockpit and the galley but they are not shown in these pictures :P, maybe I will post them when at home.
Cool that we both are 1997
Thanks for the comment.

- Sasino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasino97
View Post
Thank you a lot

I was waiting for a comment like this :P Thanks for the suggestions.
I am not using texture studio, I am browsing the textures on this website and then applying them in my raw data scenery files which I load at runtime with a simple script (see my post in Useful Functions). I didn't know that the color affected all textures, I thought it only colored colorable textures, I will try to change it to a darker one.

The TVs definitely looked bad, and maybe they are placed in the wrong location, but my intent was not to design a modern plane, but a plane that matches the AT-400, since GTA:SA takes places in 1992, that is why I used big awful 4:3 cathode-ray tube TVs.
I will surely take your advice on the windows, I didn't know how to make them look better as I couldn't find a square with rounded borders, but at least by rotating them by 90 they will look better (of course I will do this with find+replace and not by rotating them one by one lol). If you know of an object model that can be used to make the window frames I would really appreciate if you told me.
Oh, I also mapped the cockpit and the galley but they are not shown in these pictures :P, maybe I will post them when at home.
Cool that we both are 1997
Thanks for the comment.

- Sasino
Hello again!

It's very impressive what you was able to map without using Texture studios,I've done it when I started doing some maps,it was a big "NOPE" for me,sooo boring lol.
I found a object for you that I think it will fit better for the windows.I recreated a small part of the plane so you can have a little bit of perspective on how it will look.
Click here to see it!
Object ID: 2265
Texture of the sky should be added to index 1,index 0 is for the borders.
I was going to send it to you on PM,but I saw the ''don't PM"on the signature,so I hope u see this post.

I would like to see the cockpit and the galley,I imagine that those were the most difficult ones to do.
Also,A aviation roleplay very much interests me. Is it open already? I want to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venture1997
View Post
Hello again!

It's very impressive what you was able to map without using Texture studios,I've done it when I started doing some maps,it was a big "NOPE" for me,sooo boring lol.
I found a object for you that I think it will fit better for the windows.I recreated a small part of the plane so you can have a little bit of perspective on how it will look.
Click here to see it!
Object ID: 2265
Texture of the sky should be added to index 1,index 0 is for the borders.
I was going to send it to you on PM,but I saw the ''don't PM"on the signature,so I hope u see this post.

I would like to see the cockpit and the galley,I imagine that those were the most difficult ones to do.
Also,A aviation roleplay very much interests me. Is it open already? I want to check it out.
Hello,
Thank you very much for for the windows object model, when I have time I will update and post the new pictures, as well as the cockpit and the galley, which were not actually difficult to make. Well I found that's not that ugly to do it using VSCode because I can write on multiple rows at a time, and use the copy and replace easily. I am also creating a new scenery editor for samp which is open source, but It's still in a very early stage and I have little time to continue it so it will take very long, but God willing, I will finish it.

As for the no pm in my signature, that is because there are certain periods which I stay away from the forum for weeks or months, so that's why I posted my email address instead since I check it daily, no exception.

I guess you read about my RP idea from the screenshot XD I should have removed it lol. At the moment is just a project I do in my spare time, and it's not online, but I would be happy to show you one of these days what I've done so far, including customized aerodynamics to make it more difficult to fly (using SetVehicleVelocity), a navigation system with flight plans and waypoints, a 2D panel with basic information, warnings and commands (speed, altitude, fuel, power, stall warning, overspeed warning, gears warning, autopilot buttons which don't do nothing yet, and navigation display and buttons to input waypoints manually), a custom island with an airport (planning to make at least 40 of them, each one with its perks), liveries for the AT-400, Shamal and Beagle using attached texts, lights using attached objects, JSON airport and waypoint files which can be also loaded from an external .Net app which you can use to create flight plans.

Planning to do A.I. traffic and autopilot using FCNPC, automatic and manned ATC (when there is no player at a certain ATC position then the server should handle the human and NPC traffic by itself), voice ATC probably over Discord, ILS approach using air checkpoints, various types of pilot jobs including airline pilot, cargo pilot, military missions, rescue missions, and illegal jobs too (drug smuggling etc. ), compulsory flight school with tests on first join as a pilot, in a different virtual world (to avoid unprepared people ruining other people's game), also an ATC school. Planning to make it possible to be a passenger or cabin crew member, that's why the interior, a ground crew member and also a plane spotter; they may seem boring things to do compared to flying or controlling traffic but I will put my effort to make them more appealable.

I'm mainly doing this for fun, because I already know that few people will join this kind of game, since SA-MP players are mostly looking for freeroam or traditional RP, and people who like to fly are playing on X-Plane or FSX, but I don't care I know I will feel satisfied of having done it anyway, I will enjoy playing it with 3 or 4 regular players, and it's another programming experience for me.
God bless.

cool

nice mapping.. Good work