[Plugin] [0.3.7] PySAMP - Python based Gamemodes

I began working on a python plugin since 2017 and now I finally got enough time to release it.
There already was a similar plugin in 2010 and it was never released. That's why I decided to create one on my own.

You can find all technical information (please have a look into the Using section before copying the .dll/.so) here: https://github.com/habecker/PySAMP.
You can download the latest releases here: https://github.com/habecker/PySAMP/releases.
(Please star it, if you use Github and like my project ).

The main motivation behind it, is the fact, that it gives you the ability to do rapid prototyping without gmx'ing and waiting. For this I'll release an example gamemode very soon.

If you experience any issues with it, feel free create an issue on GitHub and I'll look into it asap.

If anybody is interested in translate the sa-mp example gamemodes into python: create a fork, translate it, and create a pull-request

In the coming weeks, I'll work on the following issues in the specified order (if nobody finds a bug ):
  1. example gamemode, that can be reloaded without gmx in quarter of a second
  2. 0.3dl callbacks and functions
  3. use functions of other plugins
  4. documentation
Thanks to:
  • SA:MP Team for developing SA:MP
  • Zeex for developing the SAMPGDK which is used by PySAMP
  • Python Software Foundation

Very nice! I like seeing other people creating SA-MP APIs in languages better than PAWN!

wow no way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
View Post
How do you reload a mode without a gmx? gmx stands for "GameMode eXit", so if you don't do that you don't leave the mode you are supposedly reloading. GMX also does a lot of useful things - for example it is the only time you can change certain settings such as player ped animations and player classes.
It's not a real reload so these settings can't be set during it. But it's possible to reload python modules during runtime.
As long as you keep the state of the module synchronous to sa-mp (more precisely clean the state during reload and undo everything), it's possible to do it mostly.

But, I'll create an example soon!