Internet/Hosted Tab

Yes yes yes I know we had this discussion already and yes, I know it has been changed and yes, I know the internet tab is mirroring the hosted tab again and yes, I can understand Kalcor with his decision about this. But:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMustafa123
View Post
Kalcar can make a board which u can apply in there to add ur server into internet tab, that would be the best solution
I have to be honest, that I like this idea. We are in 2019, SA-MP is almost 15 years old and I don't think that anybody can expect by server leaders, that they have to pay a lot of money that their server gets found in the internet tab when there is a hosted tab for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
The internet list was attacked with hundreds of fake servers. What motivation is there to bring it back when it needs constant monitoring? It's actually better for players if the server is paying to be on the list. Nobody would pay to list a fake server.

It's possible the internet list could come back at some point. I'm not motivated to monitor the list after 10 years of blocking bad servers. There are people who volunteer to do it but they get bored of it quickly. It's just not something anyone wants to do.
I understand this, and that's why I think that NoorMustafa123's idea isn't that bad at all. It would be cool, if server leaders have the chance at least to apply to get found in the internet tab. Maybe with the proviso that you need at least 30+reps to post an apply.

Feel free to discuss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkZero
View Post
I have to be honest, that I like this idea. We are in 2019, SA-MP is almost 15 years old and I don't think that anybody
can expect by server leaders, that they have to pay a lot of money that their server gets found in the internet tab when there is a hosted tab for that.
It's fine the way it is.
You get money(donations) from your server, use them to handle host/hosted tab.

Quote:

I'm not motivated to monitor the list after 10 years of blocking bad servers.

This is the same premise, but instead of finding bad servers, you find the good ones on the forum application and add them. Its basically the same thing but opposite...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorW
View Post
It's fine the way it is.
You get money(donations) from your server, use them to handle host/hosted tab.
You need players to get donations, but if your server cannot be found, you can't find players that easy. Only by advertising, but not every may interested SA-MP player is checking out the forums.

Quote:

Kalcar can make a board which u can apply in there to add ur server into internet tab, that would be the best solution

I agree with this solution.

Alternatively, if Kalcor does not want to, I suggest that we make a community SA-MP Launcher, a community master server and a community announce that announces the sa-mp server to the master server, and we all start to use it collectively.

good meme.