Selling/Buying, Maps/Scripts? Is it legal?

Quote:

So basically, I code a program in C# which has

Code:
using System;
and I\'m not allowed to sell it?

Lmao, the logic.

Every piece of software is illegal then.

This guy gets it.

Thanks for the explanation everyone. I get it, you can give away you work for free here but not sell it. But just one last question, you could just simply sell the model id and the co-ordinates then right? Those are just some random numbers and it may or may not have anything to do with samp or gta tho right? I\'m not trying to be annoying little prick here, sorry if you find me like that. You should understand that even for self profit, its one\'s hard work. Anyway lets end it here.

For those who were looking for the answer to my question.

Ans: "You can\'t, you could earn money by doing service for others in return for payment. But Selling or Buying scripts or maps is against the rules." Not matter what your views are you are obliged to follow the rules here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez
View Post
You didn\'t create the objects, it\'s not yours.
You can continue to the beginnings of the universe, there is nothing from scratch.

I think for this things is better to talk with a lawyer, otherwise this topic would have 50 pages saying nothing.

Nobody is right and nobody is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymonClash
View Post
I think for this things is better to talk with a lawyer, otherwise this topic would have 50 pages saying nothing.

Nobody is right and nobody is wrong.
Y_Less is right. Don\'t need a lawyer for that. Everyone who argues the fact that licenses exist (and don\'t permit you to sell their work and knowledge they give away for FREE) and are claiming that "nothing in the universe" is from scratch just don\'t understand what\'s being discussed here. The rules are simple, you can\'t sell SA:MP scripts (this include maps..). You can hire someone to develop something for you and pay them for their time spend.

Still its kind of confusing coz Kalcor is making money just by creating a mod of a game which developed by Rockstar. He sure got the licence to do that but forcing the people to buy Hosted Tab by disabling the Internet Tab is not fair.

I would like to not get banned, i\'m not trying to be offensive, just trying to clear up some stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0P
View Post
Still its kind of confusing coz Kalcor is making money just by creating a mod of a game which developed by Rockstar. He sure got the licence to do that but forcing the people to buy Hosted Tab by disabling the Internet Tab is not fair.

I would like to not get banned, i\'m not trying to be offensive, just trying to clear up some stuff.
He\'s forcing no one. He\'s not making money off SA:MP, additional services maybe. Check Y_Less post earlier in the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony123
View Post
This guy gets it.

Thanks for the explanation everyone. I get it, you can give away you work for free here but not sell it. But just one last question, you could just simply sell the model id and the co-ordinates then right? Those are just some random numbers and it may or may not have anything to do with samp or gta tho right? I\'m not trying to be annoying little prick here, sorry if you find me like that. You should understand that even for self profit, its one\'s hard work. Anyway lets end it here.

For those who were looking for the answer to my question.

Ans: "You can\'t, you could earn money by doing service for others in return for payment. But Selling or Buying scripts or maps is against the rules." Not matter what your views are you are obliged to follow the rules here.
Try to read the terms and agreement/license of the software if it allows the scripting language to sell the script you\'ve made or not because some of the developers are not allowing to sell like the PAWN the developers did not allow the scripters to sell their script even it is from the scratch because you\'ve used some of there codes welll most of their code. Let\'s take some example the Ccleaner let\'s say its made of Microsoft Visual Basic/Studio, the microsoft allowed the developer to sell according to the Terms and Agreement/License.

In summarization: Did you read the Terms and Agreement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez
View Post
He\'s forcing no one. He\'s not making money off SA:MP, additional services maybe. Check Y_Less post earlier in the thread.
So hosted tab money goes where?

But people download different scripts / gamemodes from the internet (for free) and host their servers, plus they earn money from it every month. Of course those gamemodes are not 100% made by the one who released them, they contain different plugins and includes especially the "a_samp".

That\'s totally illegal, shutdown those servers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0P
View Post
But people download different scripts / gamemodes from the internet (for free) and host their servers, plus they earn money from it every month. Of course those gamemodes are not 100% made by the one who released them, they contain different plugins and includes especially the "a_samp".

That\'s totally illegal, shutdown those servers!
You got the whole topic, wrong!

You can go ahead and open a server, and win money from it, at all is you doing and managing it, even paying for it, so you have the right to take something out of it (to handle your host, website) Plus these people who you earned money from, do not donate to you because of the gamemode, they see your focus and they see the way you manage community, you make them feel like they are right in that server they need to be, so they will donate to you as an appreciation for doing such a great server, or maybe to earn an in game item, which basically this has nothing to do with gamemodes.

What you have to do is give credits to something which is not done by you, but you\'re using it (plugins, includes and stuff like that). Because the worst thing is, when you see something you done being used by someone, and that someone is claiming your work as his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorW
View Post
You can go ahead and open a server, and win money from it, at all is you doing and managing it, even paying for it, so you have the right to take something out of it (to handle your host, website)
http://www.sa-mp.com/samp-license.txt

Quote:

© This software may not be exploited for personal, financial or

commercial gain.

According to the license, they do not have the right. Many servers violate these terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorW
View Post
You got the whole topic, wrong!

You can go ahead and open a server, and win money from it, at all is you doing and managing it, even paying for it, so you have the right to take something out of it (to handle your host, website) Plus these people who you earned money from, do not donate to you because of the gamemode, they see your focus and they see the way you manage community, you make them feel like they are right in that server they need to be, so they will donate to you as an appreciation for doing such a great server, or maybe to earn an in game item, which basically this has nothing to do with gamemodes.

What you have to do is give credits to something which is not done by you, but you\'re using it (plugins, includes and stuff like that). Because the worst thing is, when you see something you done being used by someone, and that someone is claiming your work as his own.
It\'s you who got the topic wrong i guess, look at this reply of the moderator:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
View Post
No, because it is illegal. Unless you wrote 100% of the code (which you didn\'t because a_samp), you do not have the permission required to sell the script - it isn\'t yours to sell.
According to the above statement a person cannot sell a gamemode or in fact can\'t earn money from a gamemode unless he made it 100% (even with all the credits) by himself which leads us to the conclusion that the scripts being used by some servers are violating these terms.

Finally, one last thing.

The SAMP team should clearly state that they want to make the people keep releasing the scripts for free, well in my opinion, there are not alot of people \'now\' who would like to contribute here much.In the end, the team knows better what they should do so i won\'t say more in this topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0P
View Post

he\'s not forcing anyone, there\'s multiple unofficial server lists that are free and there\'s SA:MP launchers that work with them

Lock this thread!! I don\'t think these arguments will come to an end.

*Uhm quote*

This is in the forum rules. It has no legal bearing, it\'s just not permitted on the forums, which is fair enough.

You can\'t sell it or trick people into paying for it. SA-MP is and always has been free. It has nothing to do with servers and scripts because they\'re entirely out of the scope of the licence agreement.

We don\'t sell any scripts. We sell only our work.

I suggest @Y_Less to close this thread. The explanations were given pretty well. The way this looks, it will never end. Its better to stop this before it becomes a nuisance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
View Post
No, because it is illegal. Unless you wrote 100% of the code (which you didn\'t because a_samp), you do not have the permission required to sell the script - it isn\'t yours to sell.
You are retarded ? I can sell my script, if i create gamemode, i can sell / delete it ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOtCZ
View Post
You are retarded ? I can sell my script, if i create gamemode, i can sell / delete it ♥
You didn\'t code SA-MP API, you couldn\'t create the gamemode without it so you can\'t sell it because you don\'t own the rights to the API.