Function help

Me again, yay!
I was trying to make a function so it can be called when a player joins a class- it will then calculate how many trucking missions they have done and display their "rank" in chat.

Code:
SetPlayerTruckerClassRank(playerid)
{
	printf("FUNCTION CALLED");
	new Name[24], Msg[128];

// Get the player's name
	GetPlayerName(playerid, Name, sizeof(Name));

switch(APlayerData[playerid][StatsTruckerJobs])
	{
		case 0:
     	{
     	    if (APlayerData[playerid][StatsTruckerJobs] < 15)
     	    {
				TruckerRank = "Newbie";
				format(Msg, sizeof(Msg), "{FFFF00}Newbie {FFFF00}%s{FFFF00} joined {FFFF00}Truckers", Name);
				SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_WHITE,  "{FFFF00}test");
				SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_WHITE,  "{FFFF00}test.");
			}
		}
I call it with SetPlayerTruckerClassRank(playerid); under OnPlayerRequestClass.
In console, the printf does indeed print FUNCTION CALLED. However, the rest doesn't appear to work.
The code looks a bit messy (the forum formatted it strangely). You can also view it here: https://pastebin.com/ypFcy3J9 - Please note that this is not all of the code, it is only the first rank because it's all the same (except the numbers are different).

What's the issue though? You say everything works.

Yeah what you want to ask?

oh, I meant appears not to work* my bad. The text does not appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxus
View Post
oh, I meant appears not to work* my bad. The text does not appear.
I don't think you know how switches work. Please read the SA-MP Wiki. If I were to translate your code into an if-else statement, it would be:

Code:
if(APlayerData[playerid][StatsTruckerJobs] == 0){
    if(APlayerData[playerid][StatsTruckerJobs] < 15){
        // code here..
    }
    // rest of the code here....
}

I added the if statement after it stopped working. I do know how switch statements work but I'll remove the if statement to see if that changes anything. Thanks!

Edit: just realised, I'm really dumb. I didn't use SendClientMessageToAll for the Msg, sorry everyone! (:
However, how can I make it so that the cases affect other numbers inbetween? Like, at 0, it should be cases 0-14 and then at 15, cases 15-49, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxus
View Post
I added the if statement after it stopped working. I do know how switch statements work but I'll remove the if statement to see if that changes anything. Thanks!

Edit: just realised, I'm really dumb. I didn't use SendClientMessageToAll for the Msg, sorry everyone! (:
However, how can I make it so that the cases affect other numbers inbetween? Like, at 0, it should be cases 0-14 and then at 15, cases 15-49, etc.
Code:
{
    case 0..14: // StatsTruckerJobs >= 0 && StatsTruckerJobs <= 14
    {
        // foo
    }
    case 15..49: // StatsTruckerJobs >= 15 && StatsTruckerJobs <= 49
        // foobar
    }
}
Although, do note that using switch statement for number ranges at three digit range values (case 400..600, etc) and above is much slower than using the equivalent if-else statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComDuck
View Post
Code:
{
    case 0..14: // StatsTruckerJobs >= 0 && StatsTruckerJobs <= 14
    {
        // foo
    }
    case 15..49: // StatsTruckerJobs >= 15 && StatsTruckerJobs <= 49
        // foobar
    }
}
Although, do note that using switch statement for number ranges at three digit range values (case 400..600, etc) and above is much slower than using the equivalent if-else statement.
Thank you, repped.