What would be the punishment?

Not sure if I am posting in the right section but, what would be the punishment for a server owner who has been DDOSing rival servers so that they gain players? And what would be your thoughts regarding that situation?

Its not possible to determine such thing. Just get ddos protection.

People come and report the owners here but trust me just ignore those kids and get DDoS protected VPS/Host and tada rest in peace.

Even if you have proofs there are minimum chances of the team taking actions against those kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo
View Post
People come and report the owners here but trust me just ignore those kids and get DDoS protected VPS/Host and tada rest in peace.

Even if you have proofs there are minimum chances of the team taking actions against those kids.
Exactly, a punishment was given to NGG for something like that 7 years ago if I am not mistaken, the thing is, this is something which has caused a lot of controversy in the spanish-speaking SA-MP community for nearly 1 year already if not more, I don't even own a server myself but a lot of servers have decided to close due to this, which is really horrible to see in our community

I've been in your shoes. Invest into better infrastructure. Leverage your community for this.

DDoS protection is pretty vital for a server that is growing and without it, it leaves it vulnerable to attacks like this. I would advise (like everyone else has said) to invest in a different host (if your current host does not offer DDoS protection) or upgrade your current host. I think it's fairly appalling that servers would do this to gain players and destroy communities but it's the internet, we have to learn to understand that the internet still has people who are willing to use things like this to their advantage.

You can be arrested by law enforcement. It is the same thing as smashing up a rival shop, really, because in both cases the service can not operate. And obviously people doing this tend to do it to multiple people so are a target.