Ban country Iran from the forum & wiki samp ??

Please unban..

You're not the only country, from what I hear. India is in the same situation.
I tend to believe this is a temporary situation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
View Post
You're not the only country, from what I hear. India is in the same situation.
I tend to believe this is a temporary situation...
Indeed, I believe that there are many countries which still exist in the banlist.

They will come to a conclusion one day, Peace.

What's going on? I didn't understand anything
Country bans?

Code:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /showthread.php on this server.
Apache/2.4.10 Server at forum.sa-mp.com Port 443

@OP: Ask yourself why is your country banned.

I know that is not your fault but everyone pays for all (even innocent people).

I'm sure Sa-Mp staff is not crazy, nor they wake up a morning saying "We should ban X", i think it's related to recent DDOS attacks that forum had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymonClash
View Post

I'm sure Sa-Mp staff is not crazy, nor they wake up a morning saying "We should ban X", i think it's related to recent DDOS attacks that forum had.
you should pay for it as well.

I thought it would happen the other way round: Iran bans sa-mp.

Meme. this happened before when Jlalt was attacking forum with some vBulleting exploit or smth.

Looks like iranian people are doing it again...

I\'ve no idea why two countries are banned right now.. maybe it\'s about indians this time hrug:

Just use a VPN/proxy for visiting forums for now if you are really taking it serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coool
View Post
I thought it would happen the other way round: Iran bans sa-mp.
TRUE! I can already see that day coming lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable™
View Post
you should pay for it as well.
Yeah i should but mh, i'm not from Iran nor from India.

Back in the day certain countries DDoS'D sa-mp. Just use a VPN.

as we all know, the only solution to stop ddos attacks/deal with any issue is to block the entire country the attack/issue is coming from, you may as well unplug the server from the internet so it can never be attacked, that way you wouldn\'t have to worry about anything at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymonClash
View Post

Well, it looks like they are banned via Apache, so not on the firewall of the server. That also means it won't block DDoS attacks, at least for the ports of http/https, any other ports can still be used for a DDoS attack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKarim
View Post
as we all know, the only solution to stop ddos attacks/deal with any issue is to block the entire country the attack/issue is coming from, you may as well unplug the server from the internet so it can never be attacked, that way you wouldn\'t have to worry about anything at all
Mr. Oh-so-clever-guy, you can freely come up with an anti-DDOS solution, no problems. In fact, EU even had 100milЂ in fundings available for someone who\'d make a software remotely capable of "digesting" DDOS attacks, guess what - no one even applied for a try.

The only way at this moment to stop/prevent/limit DDOS attacks is to have insanely huge bandwidth. Or ban countries that DDOS attacks come from. Both perfectly legal from owner\'s point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiki574
View Post
Mr. Oh-so-clever-guy, you can freely come up with an anti-DDOS solution, no problems. In fact, EU even had 100milЂ in fundings available for someone who\'d make a software remotely capable of "digesting" DDOS attacks, guess what - no one even applied for a try.

The only way at this moment to stop/prevent/limit DDOS attacks is to have insanely huge bandwidth. Or ban countries that DDOS attacks come from. Both perfectly legal from owner\'s point of view.
With software you can\'t prevent a DDoS attack, networking hardware is the solution...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBank
View Post
Well, it looks like they are banned via Apache, so not on the firewall of the server. That also means it won\'t block DDoS attacks, at least for the ports of http/https, any other ports can still be used for a DDoS attack...
Well, you do have a point. It is very much an Apache ban, which wouldn\'t be of any use in curbing a DDoS attack.

This would mean that probably DDoS is not the reason why these countries are blacklisted. May be Kye doesn\'t want these country users to access the forum/wiki?

Only he can answer, I guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donB
View Post
Well, you do have a point. It is very much an Apache ban, which wouldn\'t be of any use in curbing a DDoS attack.

This would mean that probably DDoS is not the reason why these countries are blacklisted. May be Kye doesn\'t want these country users to access the forum/wiki?

Only he can answer, I guess!
Why do you even believe in those stories? I am pretty sure that those are rumors as there is no official announcement.