is RP scene dying?

As everybody can see nowadays rp scene is dying right now, there are only 2 or maximum 3 rp servers to play on and theyre also dying and losing their players right now, I was an addicted player to NGRP and since ng closed I quit SA-MP because I tried to play other servers but It wasn't a fan experience for me, I heard about New NGRP but I dont really now whats going on with that so I would like to ask you guys if someone knows.

*asks a question*
*states an answer definitively in the first sentence of their post*

To answer your question, SA-MP still has a good player-base for what it is but when it comes to role-play servers, no one is brave enough to delivering something new that still has the appeal to draw in your casual roleplayer and has the functionality to survive.

You can't blame LS-RP for being complacent, they've been away and clear the biggest roleplay server for years. If you aren't in love with their community, your average sa-mp player stays anyway because it's where the people are. Similar case with Red County.

If Kalcor were to merge the 0.3DL stuff into a new client tomorrow, I think it would do a lot of for the RP servers because you can add more customisation to your skins and mapping. But to make the most of those features currently, you have to compromise on the reduced player-base on 0.3DL and it's not worth it.

The roleplay scene has been stale for a few years, people talked up Bay Area like it was going to be the next big thing but poor management and poor delivery sunk that ship.

did you just register in 2017 to quit? lol you actually answered yourself already saying servers are dying and getting less players and barely 3 servers to play, you're right, you're good. why the thread..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket16
View Post
*asks a question*
To answer your question, SA-MP still has a good player-base for what it is but when it comes to role-play servers, no one is brave enough to delivering something new that still has the appeal to draw in your casual roleplayer and has the functionality to survive.
My team has decided to focus on this issue exactly. We wanted to do something that works better, is up to date, and that our leadership is agile and fast. I'd say that often, there is an issue with having too many scripts to replace RP. This results in a huge problem with UX (slow to start time, takes too long to learn everything about server). We tackled this issue by letting people do what they exactly wanted instead. No more gatekeeping. No more waiting 50 years to get rank to do something. Other RP servers should follow. Less pay to win, and more play to win.

No.

SA-MP is NOT dying.

If you can't get players to play in your server it's because you fail to advertise your server, your creativity and your passion.

I believe that servers with a different theme like medieval, prison and Dystopia can still exist.

People have thoughts about UG-RP being like BA-RP, even when its on a (slightly) different platform: Same level of hype and players. But poor management and script will bring it down (I'm sure that UG-RP script is going to be frickin' awesome).

It's all based on who you hire, and work with. With what kind of people you're covered with.

I tried Rage MP (GTA 5) but I don't think it's fit for RP platform TO BE VERY HONEST. SA-MP feels for RP to me.

The concept of having a unique rp server is dying, not the actual rp servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnItBro
View Post
As everybody can see nowadays rp scene is dying right now, there are only 2 or maximum 3 rp servers to play on and theyre also dying and losing their players right now, I was an addicted player to NGRP and since ng closed I quit SA-MP because I tried to play other servers but It wasn't a fan experience for me, I heard about New NGRP but I dont really now whats going on with that so I would like to ask you guys if someone knows.
With every day on the planet dies 1 server

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoykin
View Post
With every day on the planet dies 1 server
This happens because people don't know how to run a server; I'd love to run a server but creating or even finding a script is hard for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBrown
View Post
This happens because people don't know how to run a server;
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBrown
View Post
I'd love to run a server but creating or even finding a script is hard for me.
You literally contradicted yourself in the same sentence.

Yes, most people here don't know how to run a server, yourself included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
View Post
You literally contradicted yourself in the same sentence.

Yes, most people here don't know how to run a server, yourself included.
But damn, if finding a script is too hard for him, he should leave the Internet altogether.

Samp statistics say "64584 players on 1721 servers with an average of 37.5 players per server."
I guess the new RP servers fail to build a script that caters to this fact. When they start the average player base is at most 10 people. It needs a system that thrives with the LEAST people necessary. Then when the player base grows, the script grows too. So many servers are trying to walk before they can crawl, they start off too big for themselves.

This might be a funny, I was always thinking that if some servers who run few the same ones with their name close, the players from there will have a chance to player somewhere else and others won't be empty xD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuley
View Post
yes the rp scene is dying, most of them have a lot of bots online to make it look like they are active. russian servers especially following the record holder uif, i dont think theres anyone playing other than the admins anyway lmao
Are you saying UIF playerbase are nothing more than bots?

I’m in the process of starting up an RP server I was an NGRp and LSRP player for years and I know mostly what those servers where missing I’m trying my best to put those missing link into a script and I’m also willing to take anyone advice on what to add to make it better and bring back the fun my current testers are enjoying what we have so far and are loving the things we are adding. 104.192.227.106:8900 feel free to check out my server if you’ll have any questions or suggestions feel free to PM me. No we are not active right now as we look for bugs as we add stuff to the script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungVot
View Post
I’m in the process of starting up an RP server I was an NGRp and LSRP player for years and I know mostly what those servers where missing I’m trying my best to put those missing link into a script and I’m also willing to take anyone advice on what to add to make it better and bring back the fun my current testers are enjoying what we have so far and are loving the things we are adding. 104.192.227.106:8900 feel free to check out my server if you’ll have any questions or suggestions feel free to PM me. No we are not active right now as we look for bugs as we add stuff to the script.
Not the best place to advertise for two reasons: this topic isn't about your server and you can't guarantee people are going to see it in this thread. Aside from this, my opinion on roleplay servers is that they're not dying. People love saying that "SAMP is dying" and "everything is going inactive" which causes a lot of debates on whether it really is dying. For that, we have to consider why it might be dying and what we can do to combat that. Of course, we have lost people from SAMP as they have moved to GTA Online but in no way am I saying that everyone is switching to GTA V because that's certainly not true. There are several different factors to the problem. To make a successful roleplay server (or any server) is to make it goddamn unique. Make it unique, fun and SIMPLE. Players love simple servers, however, don't confuse simple with empty; servers should have a lot of features. All in all, the roleplay scene is not dying, it's still growing. The more people you can serve, the more people you'll have on your server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxus
View Post
Not the best place to advertise for two reasons: this topic isn't about your server and you can't guarantee people are going to see it in this thread. Aside from this, my opinion on roleplay servers is that they're not dying. People love saying that "SAMP is dying" and "everything is going inactive" which causes a lot of debates on whether it really is dying. For that, we have to consider why it might be dying and what we can do to combat that. Of course, we have lost people from SAMP as they have moved to GTA Online but in no way am I saying that everyone is switching to GTA V because that's certainly not true. There are several different factors to the problem. To make a successful roleplay server (or any server) is to make it goddamn unique. Make it unique, fun and SIMPLE. Players love simple servers, however, don't confuse simple with empty; servers should have a lot of features. All in all, the roleplay scene is not dying, it's still growing. The more people you can serve, the more people you'll have on your server.
It may seems like I was advertising but I was just saying I think a lot of people are leaving and trying other games out because they can’t find what they want on servers and etc.