running GTA SA and SAMP on Win10

Hey guys,
I just bought a new laptop running windows 10 and I wanted to buy GTA SA (from Rockstar website because that version is compatible with SAMP apparently?) and install SAMP to play online and I was wondering if GTA SA runs on windows 10? if not what do I have to do in order to make it run?
I am asking because I heard that SA does not run or not properly on windows 10 and I want to know what I can do to make it work on Windows 10.

Many thanks

If I'm honest, I use Windows 10, and I've had too many problems with the GTA: SA and the GTA: SAMP I also bought a new computer a few months ago, and today I have not been able to solve them, too many problems have arisen, I solve one , then another one appears, and so on, I have not been able to play for several weeks because I have not been able to solve one of those problems.

It works perfectly fine for me, unless i've added modifications to the game.

Did you install DirectPlay first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faxxe
View Post
Did you install DirectPlay first?
No should i install it?

The only way I can really play GTA SA on W10 is by forcing:
windowed mode
borderless windowed mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasm0
View Post
Hey guys,
I just bought a new laptop running windows 10 and I wanted to buy GTA SA (from Rockstar website because that version is compatible with SAMP apparently?) and install SAMP to play online and I was wondering if GTA SA runs on windows 10? if not what do I have to do in order to make it run?
I am asking because I heard that SA does not run or not properly on windows 10 and I want to know what I can do to make it work on Windows 10.

Many thanks
I found a solution:

1) Run GTA San Andreas in compatibility mode: Windows98 / Me and as administrator.
2) If your GTA: SAMP has the compatibility mode activated, remove it and run it as administrator.

I've bought a Windows 10 laptop few months ago, installed GTA:SA then SAMP, it everything works fine. I have not encountered any single problems yet.

I remember one day i had an issue with GTA:SA & SA:MP with Windows 10 i followed this steps:
Step1: Right Click on the Windows Logo and click "Run"
Step2: Type appwiz.cpl in "Run" dialog box and press Enter
Step3: Click Programs and Features from the top leftmost corner
Step4: Search for Legacy Components and click the small plus sign (+)
Step5: Tick the box next to DirectPlay and pres Ok and wait until changes are applied
Step6: Restart, DirectPlay is now installed
and it worked fine.

One is the solution...downgrade to Windows 7!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntmx
View Post
One is the solution...downgrade to Windows 7!!!
Windows 7 will cease to be effective by early 2020.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axure
View Post
Windows 7 will cease to be effective by early 2020.
It doesnt matter!!!!