Roleplay server with a military faction

Hey y'all, I am looking for a roleplay server with a properly set up military faction, with a decent playerbase. I used to be part of the National Guard and the SAAS back during the NGG times (before both of them were hijacked by the third-world majority).

Only server with a decent playerbase that still might have military is Horizon, not sure though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avetsky
View Post
Hey y'all, I am looking for a roleplay server with a properly set up military faction, with a decent playerbase. I used to be part of the National Guard and the SAAS back during the NGG times (before both of them were hijacked by the third-world majority).
Funny you should say that, I was also pushed out of that faction by admin-arselickers.

SAAS was great before the DFU, the National Guard was great before 2015. The newest version of SAAS was just terrible and the leaders had little-to-no military knowledge whatsoever.

I've pondered with the idea of creating a server with a military faction but frankly haven't got time.
  • LSRP has always had the National Guard command for PD/SD but this was only used in server-wide events and events like the El Corona lockdown.
  • RCRP had Aperture which had a somewhat military aspect to it, although the faction shut down since it just ruined immersion in the countryside.
  • Horizon has had ARES which is supposed to be a private military, although HZG is a very different server to what NGG was and it's basically cops-n-robbers/turf wars.
  • LawlessRP had the National Guard but it was basically just an assassin faction, plus I don't think Lawless players have ever used the /me command before.
  • SARP has had a military faction (I think), except I don't think there's been 1 player in months.
  • LVRP launched (albeit briefly) before dying again. They trialled a unique version of the National Guard which was more of a territorial part-time army (like England).
  • TheConnectorsPlace VCRP server was scheduled to have the National Guard in the future, except I'm not quite sure what's happening with the server.
Guess like me, you're stuck in that place where there's not much you can do. Military RP in English RP servers was never really a massive thing. In NGG (before the server was flooded with weaponised vehicles) nothing else came close.

I'll no doubt be trying my hand at a GTA5 server in the future since 0% of servers seem to want military RP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HNIC
View Post
Only server with a decent playerbase that still might have military is Horizon, not sure though.
Horizon Gaming of course is to play itself with the normal mode.

I'm planning on re-opening my old script with new factions, if you contact me we can work on a faction like this, Currently only have the news, hospital, pd and gangs in mind and trying to think of other unique faction ID's. My server before it was hijacked (Someone stole my domain and banned all players) Use to get around 40+ players a day in 2012, Re-doing the script from scratch and trying to implement a lot of new features people haven't seen before.

The roleplay server is very hard to maintain since SAMP is already dying. HZRP has the highest player which has a RoLePlaY script

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenichiHanako
View Post
The roleplay server is very hard to maintain since SAMP is already dying. HZRP has the highest player which has a RoLePlaY script
It's dying to people like you who's saying that.

SA-MP role play is dying because it's more or less the same old, sometimes in a different area. Servers that take advantage of SA-MP's new server-sided models could work wonders though with new unique genre's of role play.

I remember TWS was a military based roleplay server. Not sure if it's still alive though.

IMRP has a military faction.

SAAS use to be nice I remember controlling the crates

If the military faction responds to anything aside from aircraft threats, it is a LIGHT ROLEPLAY server. Unless its National Guard which can be deployed if Governor or a President calls an emergency, which shouldn't be often in a heavy-RP server that has active PD. Hence its not a popular concept, because, roleplaying training is not boring.

most creative I've seen this taken is some kind of military faction that also runs the prisons, not sure if it was State Troopers, National Guard or something. they also responded to city-threats when PD needed assistance because it wasnt a high pb server with huge PD. but that server I saw it on is long-dead.