Freeroam server

I'm thinking to create a freeroam server, in 2019 it's still worth it? Freeroam server are yet popular? Also suggest me some good ideas.

There are already like thousands of topics like this lol
Go ahead if you want to create it and don't waste ur time. If you have doubts u r just not ready for it

Some of the longest serving freeroam servers are really struggling to get peaks of even 30 players. I wouldn't bother, if I were you, unless you are happy with ~15 players at peak times, that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangV10
View Post
Some of the longest serving freeroam servers are really struggling to get peaks of even 30 players. I wouldn't bother, if I were you, unless you are happy with ~15 players at peak times, that is.
How come? Wasn't UIF the longest freeroam server? They have 2-300 players at peak times daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymonClash
View Post
How come? Wasn't UIF the longest freeroam server? They have 2-300 players at peak times daily
Note that I said "some of". There's always going to be exceptions, UIF being one of them.

By all means, give it a go - I just wouldn't have very high expectations if I were you, unless you can deliver something really special that the competition doesn't have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymonClash
View Post
Freeroam server are yet popular?
This is a weak reason to start a server. It all depends on the server, the community and management behind the server. You can have the most advanced and greatest gamemode ever made but if the community or management team sucks, people will leave (or not join in the first place).