[Plugin] CHandling - Server control of handlings & per-vehicle handlings

Just going to say, you should solely focus only on weapons/vehicle mods with this plugin adding too many features could be detrimental to success in the end. It only needs to do what it does and nothing more keep it simple but effective. Every plugin like this has mostly failed with the exception of the anti-cheat plugin which we had excellent success with.

An excellent plugin, the Russian servers will obviously find use for it, especially those projects that have their own build of the game and their own launcher.

Thank u!

Update for client 0.3.7 R4 will be?

I rarely comment on this session but I can't help but praise you. This project is very important for community (4fun servers, drift, derby, dm, dm(race), race, rp, rpg, etc....)I believe Kalcor implement this idea in future (for dont need download), but for now is sufficient.
For a long time i changed and tested new configurations of handling, Bill Henderson develop a nice phisics for Gta Sa, but it's always really cool to change it and have some fun

My sincere respect for your work, AlieN_

I took a quick peek at the disassembler and updated the offsets.ini file to handle 0.3.7 R4 (at least in theory, I haven't even launched the game because I'm not playing it anymore): https://github.com/dotSILENT/chandli...3fb06bcbe408c5
It should auto-update itself when launching the game.

If anyone want's to update the offsets in the future (since I probably won't really be supporting this more) and has any basic knowledge about disassembly, here's a quick way of finding all the required offsets, because it's pretty much identical in every version:
1. Search for text preloaded or any string from the vehicle debug info 3DText (for example subtype) and go to it's xref
2. You'll see the place which formats the message for vehicle 3DText, scroll up and you'll find 3 offsets in an conditional:

3. Now search for text Stay within and jump to the xref of the second result, here you'll find the FindIDFromGtaPtr function:

That's pretty much it, just get the HEX from samp.dll+0xBABE to identify the version.
As for the OFFSET_VehiclePool_pGtaVehicles, it's pretty much the same (0x4FB4) in every version, you'll find it in FindIDFromGtaPtr or related functions around it.

It's possible, I see that MTA did it but as far as I can see it's global, which makes sense. So one modification of weapon property is applied for every player.
I'm not sure about syncing the shoots then, don't know how samp does it under the hood but it probably wouldn't require any changing.
درب ضد سرقت
طراحی سایت

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotSILENT
View Post
I took a quick peek at the disassembler and updated the offsets.ini file to handle 0.3.7 R4 (at least in theory, I haven't even launched the game because I'm not playing it anymore): https://github.com/dotSILENT/chandli...3fb06bcbe408c5
It should auto-update itself when launching the game.
Shamely, that 0.3.7-R4 offset didn't work for me. Could you please test that offset and fix it? This is a very good plugin, but i have some serious problem with the compatibility with R4 version.

An excellent plugin, the Russian servers will obviously find use for it, especially those projects that have their own build of the game and their own launcher.

Thank u!
http://workwood.ir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalo
View Post
Shamely, that 0.3.7-R4 offset didn't work for me. Could you please test that offset and fix it? This is a very good plugin, but i have some serious problem with the compatibility with R4 version.
I pushed an update that should fix this, the offsets were correct but I accidentally put too many bytes into the version signature.

Do we have to reset the handling every the destroyed or the plugin take care of that?

Is there anyway I can get vehicle's default data without the player using the .asi file? for Force Level Suspension value atleast..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice_
View Post
Do we have to reset the handling every the destroyed or the plugin take care of that?
The plugin takes care of reseting every vehicle right after calling CreateVehicle, so you don't need to reset anything.

Quote:
View Post
Is there anyway I can get vehicle's default data without the player using the .asi file? for Force Level Suspension value atleast..
With this plugin, handling values are kept server-side, so you don't need anyone to have the ASI in their game to get the default values of any vehicle/model. The server keeps a local copy of the default GTA SA handling and enforces it on every player that uses this plugin.

However if all you need is just reading the handling values without modifying them, then there are more suitable ways of doing so (look up for some handling includes that are basically huge arrays with all the default handling lines.

Ah I see! I just realized there is one. Thank you!

Your plugin causes my vehicles added by AddStaticVehicle respawn everytime player exit from it.. please fix it..

Quote:
View Post
Ah I see! I just realized there is one. Thank you!

Your plugin causes my vehicles added by AddStaticVehicle respawn everytime player exit from it.. please fix it..
Just checked out of curiosity and not a single vehicle added by AddStaticVehicleEx got respawned, even after changing it's handling. I'd rather say it's some issue in your gamemode as I don't really see any reason why vehicles would respawn with this plugin.

Great release.. but the samp client is updated to R4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukie
View Post
Great release.. but the samp client is updated to R4
This supports R4.

Does this plugin cause problems on servers with a high number of players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nieXpro
View Post
Does this plugin cause problems on servers with a high number of players?
Haven't really tested it with any bigger amount of players. It should perform well though, especially on the server side there isn't any heavy logic involved that could cause performance problems. On the client side, once the handling is replaced the plugin shouldn't even affect the game in any way. Only thing I can imagine is some frame drops when entering areas with lots of vehicles spawned.

Anyway, I can't really guarantee it will work well with a bigger amount of players. It's not stable enough, requires some improvements. I released it more as an example how it can be done than an actual plug-n-play plugin. Although it works, I haven't tested it in a running environment much and I'm not really planning on developing it any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotSILENT
View Post
Haven't really tested it with any bigger amount of players. It should perform well though, especially on the server side there isn't any heavy logic involved that could cause performance problems. On the client side, once the handling is replaced the plugin shouldn't even affect the game in any way. Only thing I can imagine is some frame drops when entering areas with lots of vehicles spawned.

Anyway, I can't really guarantee it will work well with a bigger amount of players. It's not stable enough, requires some improvements. I released it more as an example how it can be done than an actual plug-n-play plugin. Although it works, I haven't tested it in a running environment much and I'm not really planning on developing it any further.
It made me sad that you will not develop this plugin any more. Because too many systems can be made with this plugin. I will take risks and use them on my own server. I hope it works well in high number of players. I would also like to thank you for publishing such a plugin.

We are using for our roleplay server. Thank you very much!

That's an text gif for this plugin;

But we have Tag Mistach warning. How did I fix that? Code;

new float:engineacc;
GetVehicleHandlingFloat(CarData[carid][carVehicle], HANDL_TR_FENGINEACCELERATION, engineacc);

Is that incoorect?