Why some says that debian is better then centos for samp-servers?

Hello, I am wonder why some people tells that Debian or Ubuntu is better to use than any other linux distributions(like CentOS) for hosting samp servers?
What advantages are at these OS for the samp server? Can someone explain?

Dunno, but the reason i like debian because its pretty easy, upload gamemode, then nohup ./samp03vr &
And why i seems didn't like CentOS :\ still unanswered question

For me centos is more easily to use xD
So, the answer is that that debian is more easy to use?

Without more information on what "better" means, it's impossible to say.

I will say, however, that I do not suggest using Debian 9 or Ubuntu 16.04/18.04 for SA:MP, since you'll quickly fall victim to this. I've experienced this myself, and heard about the exact same issue from other people too.

Debian 8 and CentOS 7 are fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangV10
View Post
Without more information on what "better" means, it's impossible to say.

I will say, however, that I do not suggest using Debian 9 or Ubuntu 16.04/18.04 for SA:MP, since you'll quickly fall victim to this. I've experienced this myself, and heard about the exact same issue from other people too.

Debian 8 and CentOS 7 are fine.
Uh, thanks for advertise me about these problems! I really wonder why the newest debian version has these issues with samp server...
Anyway, I will reamain on my warm OS called CentOS <3

I use centos 7, mainly because thats all i have ever used. debian and other os's feel too foreign to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3x7K
View Post
Dunno, but the reason i like debian because its pretty easy, upload gamemode, then nohup ./samp03vr &
It's the same with CentOS.....

CentOS is definitely better in terms of SAMP.

See the following:
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=663272
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=362065&page=2