Curious about the Roleplay scripts

Seems like theres alot of complaining about how buggy and over used the NGRP release is so i was going to try and avoid that now however looking around there doesn't seem to be a whole lot out there roleplay wise in gamemodes. Im not looking to start no huge project but would like a small community of my friends and some family and was wondering what are the more viable scripts to build from right now?

- hope this is allowed here sorry if its not appropriate

Your script doesn't have to be huge to qualify as a roleplay server. Just start with the basics (Accounts, a way to earn money, a way to spend money) and continue based on requests and ideas that you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez
View Post
Your script doesn't have to be huge to qualify as a roleplay server. Just start with the basics (Accounts, a way to earn money, a way to spend money) and continue based on requests and ideas that you get.
Half the fun for me is playing with the script its self, I like having dynamic systems but not everything has to be dynamic. There's been a lot of improvements since i left sa-mp and i'd like to try and find a public release to go from that has a good base to start.

South Central, I'm trying to fix the database for now and it seems to be pretty promising from what I've read but still trying to fix it to get it running properly, Seems like theres quite a few fields missing from some of the tables (I think)

Anyway, That's kind of why i made this post seems like most the public releases are buggy and I know as a server owner you should be able to fix those yourself however there seems to be a bit of work just to get some of the scripts i've seen even running ignoring the in-game bugs - Then again i might just be complete garbage and making rookie mistakes since it is the first time i've ran pawno in quite a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giogimic
View Post
I like having dynamic systems
what's dynamic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorW
View Post
what's dynamic?
Systems that can be modified in game, Car System, Faction/Gang System, House/Buisness System stuff like that. I've got SCRP working now so think I'll be using that to start.

Quote:
View Post
Half the fun for me is playing with the script its self, I like having dynamic systems but not everything has to be dynamic. There's been a lot of improvements since i left sa-mp and i'd like to try and find a public release to go from that has a good base to start.

South Central, I'm trying to fix the database for now and it seems to be pretty promising from what I've read but still trying to fix it to get it running properly, Seems like theres quite a few fields missing from some of the tables (I think)

Anyway, That's kind of why i made this post seems like most the public releases are buggy and I know as a server owner you should be able to fix those yourself however there seems to be a bit of work just to get some of the scripts i've seen even running ignoring the in-game bugs - Then again i might just be complete garbage and making rookie mistakes since it is the first time i've ran pawno in quite a few years.
The best thing (for me) was to start working on systems from scratch. There's just so much things you're not thinking about with an existing system and it's a great way to learn how to code these systems yourself so it will be easier to track bugs or to add features when you need them. There are a bunch of great tutorials around that should get you started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez
View Post
The best thing (for me) was to start working on systems from scratch. There's just so much things you're not thinking about with an existing system and it's a great way to learn how to code these systems yourself so it will be easier to track bugs or to add features when you need them. There are a bunch of great tutorials around that should get you started.
I guess it depends on the script, If i were go in to the NGG script it would be overwhelming with the way they released the script and it was however with SC-RP a simple database rebuild was all it needed and sure the issues with the script its self but its at least in a working state and it took a bit to figure out but now its done its easy enough to put up.

However, Going from scratch especially right now with the current state of the community it's died down a lot and from years back to now i feel like there hasn't been any releases or very few. Back in the days of Ravens and all that there was always a few to look at that were being updated but now people are releasing their old community scripts and leaving it at that (i could be wrong im not around here alot anymore) it would be a "better" idea however not realistic for me. However i'm not trying to go big im starting something for my and my families enjoyment and if others come cool if not its not the point.

Maybe one day if i get more free time i can start something like that but not at the moment

NGG and SCRP are overused. Even if you edit them people do not like it. It gives the impression your development team is as incompetent as LSRP basically.

I'd highly recommend creating a script from scratch. It's the best and most efficient thing to do instead of using a premade script and editing. Like Gforcez said, start easy and then creative with your ideas

Oh yeah, here we go again. Another topic about RP scripts.

This answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarn
View Post
I'd highly recommend creating a script from scratch. It's the best and most efficient thing to do instead of using a premade script and editing. Like Gforcez said, start easy and then creative with your ideas
Should clarify you a lot.

Quote:
View Post
i was going to try and avoid that now however looking around there doesn't seem to be a whole lot out there roleplay wise in gamemodes.
Make your own or hire someone else to do that then?

Quote:
View Post
Seems like theres alot of complaining about how buggy and over used the NGRP release is
Everyone milked the shit out of that gamemode lmao. Idek why.

Just follow your ideas & passion throughout the development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarn
View Post
Not necessarily. There are some modern roleplay scripts that are decent in the releases. They are not used because they are released incomplete (eg missing weapon system or furniture system) and aren't as feature packed as NGG or SCRP.

Those scripts are really good starting points and prevent you reinventing the wheel. If needed you can pretty much copy some systems, it's not hard to modify code to fit, if you have basic understanding of pawn. Just make sure to understand logic of the script

I'm all for best development practices but let's be real. It's a mod for a 15 year old game and some stuff is not worth the hassle. If the SAMP playerbase wasn't declining due to GTA 5 mods getting better and somehow people liking them, then I'd agree. Other issues are teenagers no longer even heard of San Andreas so the mod is getting no exposure. On top of that, 2 branches that causes a divide.

You shouldn't take things so seriously within this community nor waste months of your time developing from scratch. Just don't bother going with NGG or SCRP unless it's a personal project as those have been used to death. Everyone hates it due to overuse. And because how easy it is to start a community with those, it gives the impression there's basically no developers and no active development or anything innovative whatsoever even if you're actively editing the script bit by bit.

You also will learn more by implementing a trucking job from another script and searching absolutely anything you don't understand and following the logic through. Rather than starting from scratch, following a tutorial for a shitty checkpoint trucker job A-B. Not good and pretty bad because it's no longer 2008. This is why the advice "edit a gamemode" is popular but sometimes taken to extreme with ngg, SCRP, limitless. Most people release short-lived communities with absolutely no edits except server name with those so that becomes the first impression.

Building a community is tied to the script. But it's also tied to your team. What experience you're trying to offer. How well you can build an audience of people who have a genuine interest of going in-game and not sitting in Discord. Most small servers have people who want to go IG when the server already has lots of people IG and even staff only then be active only to act proud. It's why you see Discords with hundreds of people in them (due to spam invites from other discord servers), yet nobody in-game practically. Last thing you want is to work for months for some outdated mod that has no base for you to target, if you're unable to build the community you need. At the very least learn from other scripts.